Windows 10: Full Permission. Why is it so HARD after all these years, to FIX this problem? Does Mr...

Discus and support Full Permission. Why is it so HARD after all these years, to FIX this problem? Does Mr... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I own my computer. I have paid for the OS. I am the ONLY person using it. WHY is it IMPOSSIBLE to MOVE and COPY or randomly SAVE some files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RychardM, Jun 5, 2019.

1. RychardM Win User

Full Permission. Why is it so HARD after all these years, to FIX this problem? Does Mr...

Hello

I own my computer.

I have paid for the OS.

I am the ONLY person using it.

WHY is it IMPOSSIBLE to MOVE and COPY or randomly SAVE some files into seemingly random NONSYSTEM folders?

Why is it so HARD to enable FULL PERMISSIONS on my own files?folders? How do they get locked and why?

If a system file should not be altered, then make it so and only allow it to be altered at Upgrade Time by the correct Installer. All other locking is just utterly unnecessary and very very VERY annoying.

Why do I have to leap through hoops when there should be one or two simple buttons to push, labelled something like "Are you the owner?" "Are you the only user?" "Do you want to move stuff about without being treated like a moron?" .. Or some such useful "Unlock all your personal Files and Folders" script, from Microsoft, who hopefully will get it right.

Instead there are pages and pages of arcane instruction (often out of date or poorly illustrated) to work our way through numerous confusing and out of date screen shots, to arrive at the final selection to find it is greyed out or falls over..

Requests for help are met with fulsome written sympathy but very little actual help.

I am sick to death of this bloody awful OS that treats us all like idiots and makes us run around in circle to do what should be simplest of things.

I understand about not altering system files but it should not be beyond a multi-billion $$$$$$ corporation's ability to get this right, after all these YEARS.

:)

RychardM, Jun 5, 2019

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jun 5, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    UNIGINE-Valley BENCHMARK scores

OK, no problem! It's your list...I was just making a suggestion. No hard feelings?

rtwjunkie, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

Full Permission. Why is it so HARD after all these years, to FIX this problem? Does Mr...

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Full Permission. Why is it so HARD after all these years, to FIX this problem? Does Mr... - Similar Threads - Full Permission Why

2. Why does Windows 11 suck so hard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 suck so hard?: Just bought a brand new laptop. It has Windows 11. Nothing works. Applications crash. Several buttons on the task bar do nothing when clicked. The machine is absolute garbage. Why does Microsoft make and sell garbage?...
  3. Why does Windows 11 suck so hard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows 11 suck so hard?: Just bought a brand new laptop. It has Windows 11. Nothing works. Applications crash. Several buttons on the task bar do nothing when clicked. The machine is absolute garbage. Why does Microsoft make and sell garbage?...
  4. Why is my hard drive full??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my hard drive full??: My hard drive is showing full but I only have minimal apps downloaded. When I look at my storage breakdown it says I have 82gb of apps and features downloaded. What is listed doesn't equal 10gb much less 80. Where is all my memory at?? Thanks in advance....
  5. Why is my hard drive full??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my hard drive full??: My hard drive is showing full but I only have minimal apps downloaded. When I look at my storage breakdown it says I have 82gb of apps and features downloaded. What is listed doesn't equal 10gb much less 80. Where is all my memory at?? Thanks in advance....
  6. Why does restarting your Windows 10 PC fix so many problems?

in Windows 10 News
    Why does restarting your Windows 10 PC fix so many problems?: [ATTACH]The easiest way to fix most of the problems in Windows 10 PC is to RESTART THE PC! It is also the first question asked […] This article Why does restarting your Windows 10 PC fix so many problems? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Why is timeline so bad even after 2 years?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is timeline so bad even after 2 years?: The animations were perfect pre-1803 and they didn't drop a single frame or jump one bit even on low end PCs, but now the windows jump around and drop frames with just a few windows open even on high-end PCs submitted by /u/MarkH123456 [link] [comments]...
  8. MR Restore problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    MR Restore problem: MR v7.2.4850 W10 = 19363.815 First time ever having a problem doing a MR restore. Created an image ~52GB (not a clone) of this version and wanted to restore on my drive G: Get the following error. "Not all copied Insufficient space" Looking at the error on the net, seems to...
  9. What constitutes a Full backup in MR?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What constitutes a Full backup in MR?: Here's a scenario... My C drive gets backed up daily using Incremental Forever method. After 30 incremental backups are formed I get the impression that these are somehow formed into a Full. Every new incremental (afterwards) are morphed into this Full, while getting rid of...
  10. Full permissions for all files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full permissions for all files?: Hi, currently having another issue. Excuse my little rant. There are two files I want to delete or rename. In this instance, it is because they are intro videos for a game off the microsoft store that take 2-3 minutes to watch each time the game loads before you get to the...