Windows 10: Full recovery - update loop

Discus and support Full recovery - update loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HELP!!! I tried and tried and tied and its driving me nuts. So the following happened. I have a Lenovo Z50 with Windows 10 1. Power problems on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mermaid-anke, May 26, 2020.

1. Full recovery - update loop

HELP!!!

I tried and tried and tied and its driving me nuts. So the following happened.

I have a Lenovo Z50 with Windows 10

1. Power problems on several occasions sorry this is Egypt and I was making a clean recovery update, so all files and programs to be deleted.

2. error occurred: cannot open required file install.wim, error code 0x8007000D.

I managed to fix that and the power problems. But what happened now is ,that as I start the machine with a USB with windows set as boot, that the machine does not go further than 65%. I left her for more than 5 hours to make sure that the machine is looping, and thats it.

I have tried so many tips and tricks that I am going crazy. So I now shut it down, battery out for more than 24 hours. There is no recovery to a previous windows possible.

And to make it more easy, my second machine is a mac book so not all tips are that easy to try.

Anybody have any idea how I can resolve this?

Sorry I am kinda smart with computers but no pro for sure.

:)

Mermaid-anke, May 26, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

windows recovery loop

Hi,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

Are you able to Windows recovery environment?

I suggest you to create a Windows 10 installation media and perform a Startup Repair on the device and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    This is an alternate way to boot the device and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps below to do Startup repair:

Steps:-

• Insert the installation USB drive
              and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can Create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
              and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
              and select the operating system.

Do let us know if you are able to boot to desktop. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 26, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    BitLocker permanent loop

Hi Laura,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Are you connected to Domain?

• Are you using Windows 10 pro?

I suggest you to follow the steps given in the article below and check if it helps.

BitLocker Troubleshooting: Continuous reboot loop with BitLocker recovery on a slate device - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 26, 2020
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

Full recovery - update loop

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Full recovery - update loop

1. Full recovery - update loop - Similar Threads - Full recovery update

2. Strange recovery loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange recovery loop: Okay so, my pc is stuck in a recovery loop. Ive tried to do that cbdedit thing and get the screen to go away from there, but that just gave me a different screen. From what ive looked at, seeing that over screen means that something in your computer is missing/corrupted, and...
  3. Windows Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop while C Drive is full.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop while C Drive is full.: Recently I discovered that something was causing my computer's C: drive to become full no matter how many files or programs I uninstalled. After reaching the point where all 237Gb of my hard drive were full with almost no files left on it, I attempted to simply wipe the hard...
  4. Windows Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop while C Drive is full.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop while C Drive is full.: Recently I discovered that something was causing my computer's C: drive to become full no matter how many files or programs I uninstalled. After reaching the point where all 237Gb of my hard drive were full with almost no files left on it, I attempted to simply wipe the hard...
  5. Windows 10 update - Bitlocker recovery loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update - Bitlocker recovery loop: Hi community, need help I am using Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 5415 Windows update received and done on 20th Sep 2022 Post which windows is NOT booting and blue screen error comes with stop code 0xc000021a Then the system shows Bitlocker Recovery screen and asks to enter key...
  6. Windows 10 update - Bitlocker recovery loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update - Bitlocker recovery loop: Hi community, need help I am using Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 5415 Windows update received and done on 20th Sep 2022 Post which windows is NOT booting and blue screen error comes with stop code 0xc000021a Then the system shows Bitlocker Recovery screen and asks to enter key...
  7. Windows 10 update - Bitlocker recovery loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. recovery of full backup

recovery of full backup: I did a "full backup" to external 1TB harddrive on old laptop - how do I restore all files, pictures, favorites, etc. to new laptop? Looked at recovery under settings but getting nothing but confused. Any ideas?...
  9. Recovery Environment Loop

Recovery Environment Loop: I have a Dell Inspiron 5680 and recently I updated Windows, it was fine for a few days but now I can’t even load up my PC in safe mode. Every time i turn it on it just goes to the Recovery Environment. I cant reset it, nor can i load up another OS. I can’t afford another pc,...
  10. Windows recovery loop

Windows recovery loop: Recently i decided to reset all my information and start from scratch. Well after 30 minutes of this my PC reatarts and gets stuck. I accidentally removed the power source and shut down the computer. Now everytime I try to turn it on I get a blue screen, it has a lot of...