Windows 10: Full reinstall or reset without saving data?

Discus and support Full reinstall or reset without saving data? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My pc has too much trash as of now so I'd like to know which will work best without me wasting time, since I just want a pretty much clean state of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SandeMC, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Full reinstall or reset without saving data?

My pc has too much trash as of now so I'd like to know which will work best without me wasting time, since I just want a pretty much clean state of my system for it to be fast again

submitted by /u/SandeMC
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SandeMC, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Cannot access my User Account on local machine but can access Admin account. Need help finding password but NOT reset it as it will delete saved data.

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you reset the local account password it will not delete the Saved data.

I suggest you to back up the saved data and files from the admin account and try to reset the password and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to reset the password.

• Press Windows + R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Reset Password.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Full reinstall or reset without saving data?

Game save data after doing factory reset

Hello,

I have a Nokia Lumia 920.

I am planning to rename by Windows Live ID. Hence, I will have to reset my WP8 to factory settings.

Currently on my WP8, I have following setting enabled:

Settings > Backup > app list + settings > "backup on"

Does this mean I would be able to access my game save data after resetting my phone?

If not, is there any other way of recovering game save data after resetting phone?

Thanks.

paddyinpilani, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Full reinstall or reset without saving data?

1. Full reinstall or reset without saving data? - Similar Threads - Full reinstall reset

2. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  3. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  4. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Onedrive saving data without consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive saving data without consent: Hi,How can I stop Onedrive from saving my files without my consent?I have tried my best to remove Onedrive access to my windows account but do use it for a separate Student account for college work. The separate onedrive account works and successfully saves my college work...
  6. Onedrive saving data without consent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive saving data without consent: Hi,How can I stop Onedrive from saving my files without my consent?I have tried my best to remove Onedrive access to my windows account but do use it for a separate Student account for college work. The separate onedrive account works and successfully saves my college work...
  7. Onedrive saving data without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. reinstall windows without wiping data

reinstall windows without wiping data: I'll start off with saying I'm an idiot for not backing up my files before my pc crashed and gave me the blue screen of death. Is there a way to reinstall windows and still keep my files on my hard drive? Can I use the installation media from a usb without wiping my computer?...
  9. Reinstall OS without ruining data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall OS without ruining data?: Hi guys, sorry to come here with more of a tech support question (I'm not really getting any traction anywhere else, unfortunately). I have an SSD with Win 10 installed on it - my main drive. I was messing around with some stuff and using Win10 to edit partitions on other...
  10. Saving data while reinstalling

Saving data while reinstalling: I had a power surge during a Strom last night . Now my computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop. I can't get to the desktop. I tried doing system restore, it failed. I don't have an image to use. System reset failed. I can get to cmd but all of the things I can...