Windows 10: Full Screen Apps Minimizing

Discus and support Full Screen Apps Minimizing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a two monitor set up. When I'm watching videos full screen on the Netflix app and Movies and Video player and I click on something on my other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kwangBR, Jan 21, 2019.

1. kwangBR Win User

Full Screen Apps Minimizing

I have a two monitor set up. When I'm watching videos full screen on the Netflix app and Movies and Video player and I click on something on my other screen, apps automatically minimize my video and pause it. Is there some setting in windows where I can turn this off?

:)

kwangBR, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Involuntary screen minimization

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of the computer ?
    I suggest you to check in safe mode and clean boot.

Method 1:

Boot the computer in Safe Mode and place the computer in Clean Boot and check if the issue persists.

Step 1:

Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.

I would suggest you to try the steps in the below Microsoft help article on
    How to Boot into Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...ther-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Step 2:

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 also.

Disclaimer:

To start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the link below

Method 2:

Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to troubleshoot the device:

a. Press Windows key to launch the Start screen.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes and click on Troubleshooting.

c. In the new window, click View all on the left pane.

d. In the list of options, click on Hardware and devices.

e. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Screen minimizing on its own

Hi Debra,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Do all programs minimize on their own?

Meanwhile disable ‘Tablet Mode’ if enabled and check.

Tablet Mode works like a bridge between PC and touch-enabled devices such as tablets. When it is enabled, all modern apps open in full screen mode and sometimes the main program window is automatically minimized when a sub-window is opened.

Disable Tablet Mode:

1. Click on ‘Action Center’ icon at the lower right corner of the taskbar.
    2. Locate ‘Tablet Mode’ tile and disable it if enabled already.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Full Screen Apps Minimizing - Similar Threads - Full Screen Apps

2. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR minimize game in full screen: HDR active, minimize the game after some time, can only run in window, when I deactivate the game can run I'm in windows 10 sometimes I manage to make it work but mostly is very difficult to keep the game in full screen...
  3. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR minimize game in full screen: HDR active, minimize the game after some time, can only run in window, when I deactivate the game can run I'm in windows 10 sometimes I manage to make it work but mostly is very difficult to keep the game in full screen...
  4. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. programs exit when minimized and full screen ctd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    programs exit when minimized and full screen ctd: file explorer folders keep crashing or exiting when minimized random folders not specific and so does mozilla firefox ive uninstalled and reinstalled to make sure it wasnt firefox also im get CTD issues with one of my games my drivers are all up-to-date and i have the latest...
  6. Computer randomly minimizing full-screen games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly minimizing full-screen games: This happens randomly whenever I am playing games on my computer. My computer will randomly minimize the game sending me back to my desktop and it's really annoying as it happens multiple times a day sometimes. It happens randomly and on all games, not just one game engine....
  7. Games minimize at start in full-screen - How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games minimize at start in full-screen - How to fix it?: Hello, I have a problem when I want to play games in full-screen. Every time when I try it, the game automatically minimize at the start. When I try to open it, it kicks me out like pressing (alt + tab). It feels like when I open it, the game loses the focus. I have no...
  8. Games that run in full screen keep minimizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games that run in full screen keep minimizing: I have been trying to play games on my laptop. I have not had many problems in the past. But within the past few weeks, every time I try to open a game such as minecraft or call of duty, the game opens for a second or two and then minimizes. when I try to click on it on the...
  9. Random Minimizes in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Minimizes in Full Screen: Hi guys, In the last week i've been through random minimizes while in full screen (Movies,Clips,Games Etc.) I tried checking for malware, there wasn't any malware. I also tried to format my pc, still same issue. Anyone knows a solution? Thanks! submitted by /u/Ofeku1...
  10. Windows 10 apps minimizing when in full screen and switching focus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 apps minimizing when in full screen and switching focus: I have this annoying issue where whenever I am using a native windows app in full screen mode on one of my two monitors (for example watching something on the Netflix app) and try to do something on my second monitor (starting chrome, or just clicking on an open window) the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fullscreen applications minimizing windows 10

2. xbox app minimizes when i click off screen

3. fullscreen apps minimziing

4. Windows 10 apps minimizing dual monitor