Windows 10: Full Screen Game(s) Move/Re-organize Desktop Icons

Discus and support Full Screen Game(s) Move/Re-organize Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, My mom has a 15" laptop and she likes to play games. Some of these games are old and start in full screen mode (easier for her to see it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tackyjan, Dec 2, 2015.

1. tackyjan Win User

Full Screen Game(s) Move/Re-organize Desktop Icons

Hello,

My mom has a 15" laptop and she likes to play games. Some of these games are old and start in full screen mode (easier for her to see it too). When she exits the game her icons are all moved around.

Is there any way to stop this from happening? Or any application/setting to "remember" icon positions and restore them?
    (Note that the solution can not be "don't play in full screen mode".) *Smile

:)

tackyjan, Dec 2, 2015
  2. BielVeras Win User

Maintaining full screen while switching between two desktops.

Hello! I was wondering if this option is possible. I prefer playing games on full screen mode, and the new option to use more than one desktop really helps me organize my game windows and browsers. The problem is that if I have two games running at the same
    time, on different desktops, and one or both of them is in full screen mode, If I switch to another desktop and switch back, it doesn`t automatically open the full screen game I was playing. Instead, it shows me the desktop and I have to go and click on the
    icon at the toolbar at the bottom of the screen to open it back up.

Is there a way that I can configure the screen switching so that it doesn`t exit full screen mode when I switch to another desktop?

BielVeras, Dec 2, 2015
  3. WSbb Win User
    Start page tiles change postions in non-tablet mode

Thank you Keith, I was assuming with non-full screen, I had organized them so they fitted into the smaller Start screen, so I could see some of the desktop on the right, where I hVe other icons.

Are you saying, full screen is the only way to have them not move?

Thanks

WSbb, Dec 2, 2015
Thema:

Full Screen Game(s) Move/Re-organize Desktop Icons

1. Full Screen Game(s) Move/Re-organize Desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Full Screen Game

2. Icons moving on desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons moving on desktop.: Hello, few days ago I started having problems with icons on Desktop. They are moving to secondary monitor when i turn monitors into extended mode, half stay on main monitor and second half is going to other monitor. When I switch to one monitor only they get back to thier...
  3. Desktop Icons Moving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons Moving: Every time I restart my computer, half of my desktop icons move over to my second monitor. I cannot figure out why. I've googled solutions which don't work. Both of my monitors are set to their recommended resolutions, auto arrange icons is off, and align icons to grid is on....
  4. Desktop Icons Moving

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Moving: I have files and shortcuts that run down the left side and across the top of my screen that I keep for easy access. Whenever I save a new file to the desktop it goes to the upper left corner and moves things. I've done the usual uncheck auto arrange and align to grid checks,...
  5. desktop icons move on the 2 screens?

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons move on the 2 screens?: Is there a way to fix the icons on the desktop of Windows 10 or something like that desktop icons verschieben sich auf den 2 bildschirme?
  6. Moving icons to desktop

Moving icons to desktop: I have been trying to move an icon from my start menu to my desktop for the last hour. I have tried every method offered to me. The problem seems that the icon itself does not have any way for me to move it to the desktop. I have tried to use right hand button, etc, I...
  7. How do I keep programs from re-organizing my desktop icons?

How do I keep programs from re-organizing my desktop icons?: How do I keep programs from re-organizing my desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-keep-programs-from-re-organizing-my/0d858f14-5ba6-49bb-9ac1-ea96843a2104
  8. Windows S Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows S Desktop Icons: Hi, is there any way to add desktop icons or shortcuts? I cannot find a way in Windows S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_books/windows-s-desktop-icons/2290e8f7-2203-41ec-a4e1-b1f9a457b09b
  9. Can't move desktop icons off-screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move desktop icons off-screen: Before this latest update, I used to use all 4 sides of my screen. I used to keep half of each desktop icon out of screen. Now when I try to move an icon a little bit out of screen Windows just won't let me. How do I fix this? I tried changing the regedit entry...
  10. moving desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    moving desktop icons: Ever since the latest update my desktop icons are difficult to keep in place. I do not have auto arrange or align to grid checked. When I move icons where I want them they often snap to another position at random. I have all my desktop icons positioned around the perimeter of...