Windows 10: Full screen games being closed at random

Discus and support Full screen games being closed at random in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has been going on for MONTHS.When I am in a game, it will minimize at pure random and the following have been programs to be opened: -File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Diablius, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Full screen games being closed at random

This has been going on for MONTHS.When I am in a game, it will minimize at pure random and the following have been programs to be opened:

-File Explorer-Notifications-Microsoft's doodle program-Control Panel-Windows search

As of now, I have ran sfc/ scannow and it did detect corrupted files. The problem is that it got WORSE after I did that. It would usually just do windows search and now its doing all kinds of other stuff. I am running a full threat scan atm. Playing R6 Siege and my performance was dipping at a specfic point which is- you guessed it- when it started minimizingNotifications have been disabled, along with game mode and focus assist.Please give me other recommendations, this is getting out of hand.

Update #1; No threats were found. Im attempting to play the game without touching any shift or ctrl buttons. Starting to think the shortcut keys are glitched out. May help disabling them (i never used them ever)

submitted by /u/Diablius
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Diablius, Sep 12, 2020

2. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Full screen games being closed at random

Black Screen when opening games

Hi Brendon,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to update the Graphic card driver by following the steps provided below and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

If the issue still persists, then suggest you to check with the game developers if they have released any updates for the game and install the same and check.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Full screen games being closed at random

1. Full screen games being closed at random - Similar Threads - Full screen games

2. Games randomly close at random intervals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games randomly close at random intervals: so i have an issue i play a game for example fallout or remnant from the ashes or destiny 2 and all of a sudden less then a millisecond its like my game alt tabs me out i can still move and all that as i use a controller on certain games but to get audio back i need to...
  3. Games randomly close at random intervals

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games randomly close at random intervals: so i have an issue i play a game for example fallout or remnant from the ashes or destiny 2 and all of a sudden less then a millisecond its like my game alt tabs me out i can still move and all that as i use a controller on certain games but to get audio back i need to...
  4. Computer randomly minimizing full-screen games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly minimizing full-screen games: This happens randomly whenever I am playing games on my computer. My computer will randomly minimize the game sending me back to my desktop and it's really annoying as it happens multiple times a day sometimes. It happens randomly and on all games, not just one game engine....
  5. game is keep closing in full windows, random file or program opening and closing really fast

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    game is keep closing in full windows, random file or program opening and closing really fast: hey guys, there is this random program that opens and closes really fast cant tell what is it. when ever i play games it gets minimized, if i put it on windowed borderles instead of minimizing it, shows the task bar for a split second then back to the game. no this does...
  6. Games That run in full screen keep closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games That run in full screen keep closing: I have been trying to play games on my laptop. I had never had this problem before, but whenever I try to open a game, it opens for a few seconds and then starts to run in the background. I click on it again on the taskbar and the same thing happens, it opens for a second or...
  7. Games keep closing randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games keep closing randomly: The thing is, I made a clean install of my windows 10, but since then I have issues when gaming, some games I used to play (as Witcher 3) in high settings with low resolution with no problems such as lag or anything similar, now it closes randomly and it's not just with it,...
  8. Game randomly closing/crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game randomly closing/crashing: Hello so recently i built my gaming PC and I've been experiencing that the game I'm playing randomly closes/crashes and what i mean by 'closes' is that it just closes as if i would click the red cross or i would go to the Task Manager and ended the game task, i got a few blue...
  9. No Full Screen Games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No Full Screen Games: Hello, I would like to prevent microsoft store games from going full screen when they open up. Is there a way to do so? I am using it on a touch screen and I don't want to loose the ability to click the X to close the window. Let me know, thanks!...
  10. games randomly close with no error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games randomly close with no error: i stopped pc gaming for a while, come back updated everything, all drivers, windows, games and such, but since ive come back to pc gaming all my games just randomly close with no error report, games ranging from runescape to terraria to CS:GO, ive googled what it could be and...