Windows 10: Full Screen Menu in windows 10 (1709) not behaving.

Discus and support Full Screen Menu in windows 10 (1709) not behaving. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, just installed the latest Win 10 1709 and I am having a problem with my default start menu layout, even though I have selected 'use full screen'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JRH789, Oct 23, 2017.

1. JRH789 Win User

Full Screen Menu in windows 10 (1709) not behaving.

Hello, just installed the latest Win 10 1709 and I am having a problem with my default start menu layout, even though I have selected 'use full screen' it shows only the pinned tiles display, I have to manually select full screen view from the 3 buttons on the left, the view I selected (to show all apps) doesn't present itself as my preferred view by default every time I go to the start, could someone kindly shed some light on this please? I have googled this but cannot find an answer/explanation/remedy. Thanks in advance JRH.

:)

JRH789, Oct 23, 2017

2. Windows 10 behaving like Windows 8.1

I installed Windows 10 on my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro PC back in August and have mostly been pleased with the experience. However, from time to time, it behaves as if it were still running Windows 8.1. I notice it when I start up the machine and it shows me
    the Start menu full screen even though I have the setting for it to only show as a pop up menu. Cortana, while it still works, appears as a circle and not a search box. Also, all of my apps/programs/file explorer appear Full Screen and CANNOT BE MINIMIZED.
    Usually I have resolved this issue by shutting it down and it tends to reboot working properly however my machine is not doing so right now. Any suggestions?

elsenortac, Oct 23, 2017
  3. Would like to change the scroll settings in Windows 10.

As a tablet user I was also much happier with the Windows 8.1 full screen menu system.

When Windows 10 is set to full screen start menu it should have been exactly as per Windows 8.1

Paul Atkin, Oct 23, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Full Screen Menu in windows 10 (1709) not behaving. - Similar Threads - Full Screen Menu

2. Windows 11 Start menu full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Start menu full screen: A couple years back, shortly after Windows 11 was released, I read an article on the Microsoft website saying that developers were working to bring back the full screen Start menu. Fast forward to now, and it's still the same. Just wondering what's going on with this. The...
  3. Windows 11 Start menu full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start menu full screen: A couple years back, shortly after Windows 11 was released, I read an article on the Microsoft website saying that developers were working to bring back the full screen Start menu. Fast forward to now, and it's still the same. Just wondering what's going on with this. The...
  4. Start Menu full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu full screen: Hello Community, Recently i buy Microsoft surface i dont know how start menu become full screen even i off from start menu setting how to off full screen start menu kindly see the screen short. [IMG] Kind regards,...
  5. Full screen "start menu" stuck in full screen mode

Full screen "start menu" stuck in full screen mode: I have three different Acer computers all running the latest release of Windows 10 home. All have processed the latest October 8th release updates to 1903. One user account on one computer is "stuck" in full screen mode. The same user account on the other two are "normal."...
  6. Start Menu Full Screen not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start Menu Full Screen not working: Hi, I have been trying to switch my start up window to my start menu. However, whenever I enable the option "Full screen," in (settings=>personalization=>Start), there are no changes whatsoever taking place. I have tried restarting the PC to no avail. I am kindly requesting...
  7. Background Image for Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10

Background Image for Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10: I have Windows 10 build version 17134. When I switch to the full screen start menu the background of the start menu is completely black but I want my desktop wallpaper as my start menu background. Thank you...
  8. problem with full screen start menu

problem with full screen start menu: when I set the start menu to display in full screen it becomes finicky. It sometimes won't open at all. If I go back and change one item it will start working again. It seems like it does not matter which item I chg. If I chg it back it will keep working for a while. any...
  9. Full screen start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Full screen start menu: Ah ha I found you at last. Reason being, I rather liked that aspect of windows 8-8.1 so I was glad to find the option for it again under personalise and start menu options. Some of you may want that back! who knows but it's in there. 13551
  10. Turn On or Off Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Use Start Full Screen in Windows 10 In Windows 10, users can change the size of Start for their account to be a Start menu or full screen Start. Starting with full screen Start. When...