Windows 10: Full Screen Monitor Issue

Discus and support Full Screen Monitor Issue in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more - Newegg.com go this monitor, hooked it up to my laptop, wont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by LukeDaDuke, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Full Screen Monitor Issue

LukeDaDuke, Nov 7, 2017

2. Black screen when going to full screen

I can use my computer just fine as long as I don't have anything in "full screen" mode. As soon as I put anything (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Windows Settings, etc) into "full screen", my screen will flash black a few times, then go completely black.
    I am working with dual monitors, so I can see what is running on the other monitor, but not the one with "full screen" enabled. If I close or minimize the program that is in "full screen", I can see what is on that monitor again without any problems. I have
    run a virus scan checking to make sure that wasn't the issue. I've also reinstalled Chrome thinking that was the issue (it's not). I have checked the drivers for my monitors and they are the newest ones. This issue just started a few days after updating to
    Win10 Anniversary Edition.

John Smith 237, Nov 7, 2017
  3. SteveTH69 Win User
    Use of Dual Monitors in Windows 10

I use my laptop for Monitor 1 and a 70" tv for Monitor 2. I want to use Monitor one for set-up and Monitor 2 only for the audience to see. When I hit "full-screen" on a music program, I want it to open only in Monitor 2 as full-screen.

Microsoft PowerPoint has this option called Presenter View. This allows you to project the full-screen slide show to one monitor while viewing a special "speaker view" on another monitor.

Any suggestions?

SteveTH69, Nov 7, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Full Screen Monitor Issue

Sorry, but your link does not work. Is it an address from within your account there?

Is everything all set in Settings app (Hold WinKey + I) > System > Display?

Tony K, Nov 7, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    It's probably wrongly detected, check resolution and frequency of monitor itself. If it's a brand new monitor, check it's settings on monitor OSD itself, most have an option to automatically adjust to some settings and memory to revert to it when same frequency and resolution signal is sent to it by GPU.

CountMike, Nov 7, 2017
  6. MSI Optix G24C Black 1 - Newegg.com And for settings yes I believe so

LukeDaDuke, Nov 7, 2017
  7. haha never heard intel hd graphics called a gpu, but i will look into what you said

LukeDaDuke, Nov 7, 2017
  8. CountMike New Member

GPU = Graphic Processing Unit, wherever it is. Actually it's just a processor and could be incorporated on same die as CPU or otherwise but it's still GPU.

CountMike, Nov 7, 2017
  9. Helmut Win User
    Assuming Intel HD graphics (iGPU) Right click on Desktop > Graphics Properties...

1) General Settings > Select Display from drop down box > check resolution is 1920 x 1080 and Refresh Rate 60 Hz(or 59 Hz).

Scaling - You may have to change this though you should be able to use different resolutions for each Display. Though duplicate may just scale up from the Laptop.
    Once you have it right > Apply, you may as well Save the Profile.

2) Display > Multiple Displays > There you should see your other monitor listed in 2 it should have a name listed.

This should be repeated in the Windows Project modes, Extend, Duplicate, single screen etc.
    The Manual is here:
    https://www.msi.com/Monitor/support/Optix-G24C
    Set it to something conservative like 1920 x 1080 60 Hz. By going through the menu.
    Mode - standard
    Aspect - Auto or 16:9
    Input - Select HDMI

Helmut, Nov 7, 2017
  10. My laptop only goes up to 1366 by 768, a long way away from 1080p

LukeDaDuke, Nov 7, 2017
  11. Helmut Win User
    So does my Laptop about 4 years old have a 1366 x 768 internal screen, but you can still use an external 1920 x 1080 monitor on the HDMI output.
    I do use an external 1920 x 1080 Dell monitor, and a 1920 x 1080 Sony TV.

The external HDMI connection will have a higher spec. You will have to look that up for your particular Laptop.
    Mine states max resolution 2,048 x 1,536 and max refresh rate 100 Hz.

Both my external displays will scale up a 1366 x 768 resolution to fit full screen, if required, though the Dell does not actually state that in it's manual.

Helmut, Nov 7, 2017
  12. Will check settings. For some reason my chromebook of the same resolution as my laptop fits the full screen.

LukeDaDuke, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Full Screen Monitor Issue - Similar Threads - Full Screen Monitor

2. RTX 4080 Random Black screen issue, monitor no signal then full black screen but cpu...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RTX 4080 Random Black screen issue, monitor no signal then full black screen but cpu...: I m using RTX 4080 Graphics card,My pc randomly goes black screen, monitors no signal then full black screen but CPU staying on, sometimes only CPU fans and graphics card fans full speed running.I tried everything like fresh os install, driver, all tried but still issue...
  3. Windows main monitor opens not at full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows main monitor opens not at full screen: Recently, when I turn on windows, for about a solid inch on both the bottom and right of my screen is just black. The only way I make it properly full screen is when i open a game in fullscreen, then it reverts. Am I doing something wrong?...
  4. Windows main monitor opens not at full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows main monitor opens not at full screen: Recently, when I turn on windows, for about a solid inch on both the bottom and right of my screen is just black. The only way I make it properly full screen is when i open a game in fullscreen, then it reverts. Am I doing something wrong?...
  5. Dual monitor issue: Full screen apps minimize when clicking on other monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor issue: Full screen apps minimize when clicking on other monitor.: Hi wanted to know if this issue is now fixed because I am getting the same problems. https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/418o4i/dual_monitor_issue_full_screen_apps_minimize_when/ submitted by /u/Miammiam100 [link] [comments]...
  6. full screen on monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    full screen on monitors: I just wanted to know if I go full screen on only one monitor, will the rest of the monitors go full screen or just that one monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-screen-on-monitors/843d1f74-42f5-4527-806c-beecfb893c76
  7. Full screen window issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full screen window issues: Hello everyone! I have an annoying issue that i cant seem to figure out. I am on a dual monitor set up and I want it that way. My laptop is set up on an hp doc for work, I have a second monitor to the right of that. On the second monitor the issue is that when I have...
  8. Dual monitor full screen makes monitors flicker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual monitor full screen makes monitors flicker: I have recently set up a second monitor which is identical to my first and now whenever i try to go fullscreen in some things such as twitch, youtube, the photos app, osu and much more the screens flicker on and off as if trying to change resolutions. Sometimes its so bad...
  9. 1 of 2 new monitors not full screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1 of 2 new monitors not full screen: I have a gigabyte MB with on-board graphics, 1 vga and 1 DVI as outputs. I have 2 new asus monitors with 1 vga input and 2 hdmi inputs. The vga to vga connection to monitor 1 produces full screen on 1920x1080 (recommended) Asus furnished a cable DVI to HDMI. This...
  10. Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue: Hello! I bought a Windows 10 Asus laptop about a month back and have been running into a few issues. I actually have tried asking the Microsoft tech forums directly but with a lack of responses I feel I need to ask elsewhere. There are two issues I have here that I'm...