Windows 10: Full screen "start menu" stuck in full screen mode

Discus and support Full screen "start menu" stuck in full screen mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have three different Acer computers all running the latest release of Windows 10 home. All have processed the latest October 8th release updates to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by The Ayres, Oct 11, 2019.

1. The Ayres Win User

Full screen "start menu" stuck in full screen mode

I have three different Acer computers all running the latest release of Windows 10 home. All have processed the latest October 8th release updates to 1903. One user account on one computer is "stuck" in full screen mode. The same user account on the other two are "normal." All user accounts on these computers are being run as "Microsoft Account" users with the same PIN on each system.

This lets us switch computers and be able to access the same email accounts, purchased software, etc., etc.

I have "tried everything" to resolve this issue. I even got a Microsoft support rep to call me back, but she "hung up on me" before she understood the problem.

Is there a GURU out there with help? I've been doing Microsoft product use and support since BASIC and DOS were new. I was employed by a software and services firm for 16 years before they went bankrupt. After that, I made a pretty good living as a software and systems implementation consultant with expertise in a "replicated object store" originally created by LOTUS and then sold to IBM, who did not know how to use it at first.

Please, only serious and informed suggestions.

:)

The Ayres, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Y ish Win User

Start screen option in tablet mode

I'm not trying to change the colour(s), I am saying that the screen is to singularly coloured compared to the Start screen layout in Windows 8. The question I have is in relation to the list/pane/console whatever it be dubbed on the left hand side, this opens up when you hit the hamburger menu at the top left it shows essentially the left side of what is on the start menu if you are in desktop mode. Is it possible to have these details always show on the tablet mode desktop.

Full screen "start menu" stuck in full screen mode [​IMG]

Y ish, Nov 29, 2019
  3. windows 10 start menu messed up layout

Hello Nabiha,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys, select Personalization.
    • Select Start and check if the Start menu screen is turned to Full screen mode.
    • If the full screen is turned on, Turn off and check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Default Start Screen in 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you’re referring to Start screen full mode then I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all settings.

• Click on Personalization

• Select start, and turn on Use Start full screen and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Full screen "start menu" stuck in full screen mode - Similar Threads - Full screen start

2. Start full screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start full screen mode: Hi everyone, In win 10, ver 20h32, in the mode of "Start full screen", I want to set the app list as default for every time open start menu, what should i do? Please help. Thank you. In default, the 'Pinned app list' is shown in DEFAULT, but I want to change it to full...
  3. Start menu only opens in full screen mode

Start menu only opens in full screen mode: My start menu does not open when I click the icon or press the windows key. It opens only in full screen Settings->Start->Use Start Full Screen This problem occurred after i created a new local account with admin rights. Start Menu works fine in new user account I have...
  4. Start Menu full screen

Start Menu full screen: Hello Community, Recently i buy Microsoft surface i dont know how start menu become full screen even i off from start menu setting how to off full screen start menu kindly see the screen short. [IMG] Kind regards,...
  5. Start menu only opens in full screen mode

Start menu only opens in full screen mode: My start menu does not open when I click the icon or press the windows key. It does open when I switch it to full screen mode. This actually happened several months ago, but I have been dealing with the full screen mode option due to schedule. However recently it has really...
  6. Start menu only opens in full screen mode

Start menu only opens in full screen mode: My start menu does not open when I click the icon or press the windows key. If I switch my laptop into tablet mode or change the "Use start full screen" setting it will work, however when I change it back the menu still won't open. instead, the taskbar pops up and the...
  7. Start Menu Full Screen not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start Menu Full Screen not working: Hi, I have been trying to switch my start up window to my start menu. However, whenever I enable the option "Full screen," in (settings=>personalization=>Start), there are no changes whatsoever taking place. I have tried restarting the PC to no avail. I am kindly requesting...
  8. stuck in start full screen mode

stuck in start full screen mode: when i disable it it keep getting back to on please help me i dont have the tabled mode on and i dont know what to do please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/stuck-in-start-full-screen-mode/f05fb9e0-6c85-48a7-9855-e19099f47e27
  9. problem with full screen start menu

problem with full screen start menu: when I set the start menu to display in full screen it becomes finicky. It sometimes won't open at all. If I go back and change one item it will start working again. It seems like it does not matter which item I chg. If I chg it back it will keep working for a while. any...
  10. Full screen start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Full screen start menu: Ah ha I found you at last. Reason being, I rather liked that aspect of windows 8-8.1 so I was glad to find the option for it again under personalise and start menu options. Some of you may want that back! who knows but it's in there. 13551

Users found this page by searching for:

1. star menu full screen stuck