Windows 10: Full-screen window hides under taskbar after 1607 update

Discus and support Full-screen window hides under taskbar after 1607 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After updating to Windows v1607 some of my apps (like Adobe Camera Raw in CS6) are tucking part of their full-screen mode UI window beneath the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RPmtl, Nov 25, 2016.

1. RPmtl Win User

Full-screen window hides under taskbar after 1607 update

After updating to Windows v1607 some of my apps (like Adobe Camera Raw in CS6) are tucking part of their full-screen mode UI window beneath the Taskbar.

Previously the top of the Taskbar would be considered the bottom of the available area that a full-screen app window could occupy. With the new behaviour, since updating to 1607, important app buttons such as OK and Cancel are obscured and I need to switch the app UI to a floating window (rather than full-screen) for those items to be visible and accessible.

Any ideas on where to search for a setting that might be casing this behaviour?
    Might it be a video card thing?

:)

RPmtl, Nov 25, 2016
  2. futbolz Win User

Taskbar changed after todays windows 10 update

I have tried to get the task bar to hide when I use full screen, like it used to. The taskbar would hide in the background when using full screen, but after todays window 10 update, the task bar stays in front and always active. Uggg please fix this as
    soon as possible...

futbolz, Nov 25, 2016
  3. Tom_WC Win User
    Photo app in fullscreen

Photos' Edit screen is "virtually" full screen once you hide the Windows Taskbar. It would be nice to hide the title bar as well but at least it's unobtrusive.

Tom_WC, Nov 25, 2016
  4. RPmtl Win User

I'm strongly suspecting that it's an Adobe issue as the CC version of Bridge does not exhibit this behavior. Instead it extends and covers over the top of the Taskbar completely when put in Full screen mode. I will consider this solved.

RPmtl, Nov 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Full-screen window hides under taskbar after 1607 update - Similar Threads - Full screen window

2. How to hide blue line under W10 Taskbar Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to hide blue line under W10 Taskbar Icon: Please advise how to hide annoying blue line under task bar icon at Windows 10: Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-blue-line-under-w10-taskbar-icon/e4e2d9c7-6299-4025-8178-b224616aa3d7
  3. W10 Latest update - Full screen windows obscured by taskbar

W10 Latest update - Full screen windows obscured by taskbar: Since the latest up date both my W10 computers now have full screen windows partially obscured by the taskbar. The only option is to autohide the taskbar which is a PITA This is both a Packard Bell desktop and a Toshiba laptop. I see this is a common problem since the...
  4. hide taskbar

hide taskbar: What does it take to hide the taskbar and keep it hidden? This setting has not worked correctly for at least the past 3 years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-taskbar/4756b890-5fdb-4746-b9af-8958c41b0c46
  5. cannot get full screen after update

cannot get full screen after update: Every time I get a Windows update the screen size shrinks and fills only part of the screen. I have tried many fixes but cannot get full screen...
  6. Hiding the taskbar w/o full version of W10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hiding the taskbar w/o full version of W10?: Hello! So I just got Windows 10 from Bootcamp but I don't have the full version so I cannot customize. Any way to hide the taskbar? 115298
  7. "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar: Hi, I'm using Build TH1 10240 with all updates (just checked before I posted this to be sure) dual booting W7 and W10 with no known problems other than the taskbar issue. The taskbar hides and appears fine when nothing is up but the desktop, or the settings window and...
  8. Updated to 1607 and have taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Updated to 1607 and have taskbar problems: When I turn on my computer it boots ok and displays the task bar as expected. If I press power, restart the taskbar is empty. If I then shutdown the system and turn the power back on, the taskbar is populated like I expect. I can repeat this sequence and the same thing...
  9. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351
  10. taskbar won't hide when in full screen mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar won't hide when in full screen mode.: I watch a lot of movies on my laptop and was in the middle of watching one today but paused it b/c I had to do something. I closed all windows and put my laptop to sleep. When I came back a little later, I resumed watching the movie but out of nowhere, I couldn't get my...