Windows 10: full screens on my games are no longer working after installing most recent Windows 10 updates

Discus and support full screens on my games are no longer working after installing most recent Windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed all recommended updates to my windows 10 and then tried to open several games Jewel Quest, Brickshooter Egypt, Super Granny4 and none of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KarenWoodsFL, Aug 6, 2020.

1. full screens on my games are no longer working after installing most recent Windows 10 updates

I installed all recommended updates to my windows 10 and then tried to open several games Jewel Quest, Brickshooter Egypt, Super Granny4 and none of them would open to full screen even when the full screen box was checked under game options. I got a 1/4th screen in the upper left corner that could not be expanded. they were working fine before the updates. I tried alt-enter as suggested by a Microsoft advisor but no effect. I tried to uninstall all the updates the security update did not have an uninstall option, restart the computer, then start the games again but same problem. They were bought from two different game providers - Big Fish and Iwin_ so I don't think this is the fault of the providers. I installed a new game for comparison and it would only open in 1/4th of the screen. So it has to be the Windows program somewhere. HELP!! so frustrating.....

:)

KarenWoodsFL, Aug 6, 2020

2. Problem with Windows 10 taskbar and Full Screen games

Hello Richard,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 6, 2020
  3. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 6, 2020
  4. full screens on my games are no longer working after installing most recent Windows 10 updates

Win 10 Pro Anniversary Update = black screen when running games. Is there a fix?

Recently updated to the Anniversary Update for Win 10 Pro. I held out for a while but decided to go ahead and install it. I am now receiving black screens when running games. The only work around is to run them in windowed mode rather than full screen. I can't update my video card drivers as they are the latest. Running a GTX 1070.

Is there any known fix for this?

Flogger23m, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

full screens on my games are no longer working after installing most recent Windows 10 updates

1. full screens on my games are no longer working after installing most recent Windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - full screens games

2. Most recent update crashing my games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most recent update crashing my games: Everything was working fine yesterday, Updated my computer and now one of my games is unplayable.SourceSniper Ghost Warrior 3SummaryStopped workingDate‎16/‎04/‎2023 1:53 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files...
  3. Most recent update crashing my games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most recent update crashing my games: Everything was working fine yesterday, Updated my computer and now one of my games is unplayable.SourceSniper Ghost Warrior 3SummaryStopped workingDate‎16/‎04/‎2023 1:53 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files...
  4. Most recent update crashing my games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  6. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  7. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. After most recent Windows 10 update, fingerprint scanning no longer works: "Something went...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After most recent Windows 10 update, fingerprint scanning no longer works: "Something went...: I finally got around to updating Windows 10 with the most recent update, and when I tried logging in after the update was complete, my fingerprint scanner didn't work after many repeated tries. This is a DELL XPS 15 laptop, but I would assume the issue lies with Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 is no longer sleeping after most recent updates

Windows 10 is no longer sleeping after most recent updates: I have been having issues with Windows 10 sleeping on my Dell desktop. I was able to solve the issue by reinstalling Windows while keeping all apps and files. However, today Windows installed the following two updates: February9, 2021-KB4601050 Cumulative Update for .NET...
  10. Hibernate no longer working after most recent Windows 10 upgrade

Hibernate no longer working after most recent Windows 10 upgrade: I completed the latest Windows 10 upgrade. Hibernate worked fine before the upgrade, but now if I put my laptop into hibernation, it won't restart when I try to bring it out of hibernation. I just get the black ASUS start-up screen, and nothing happens. I have to force shut...