Windows 10: full sized cmd & powershell windows not working with snap

Discus and support full sized cmd & powershell windows not working with snap in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! If I use the snap function with full sized cmd or powershell window, the window will break, and I can't "scroll" in it's content. In most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dávid Tóta, Mar 26, 2021.

1. full sized cmd & powershell windows not working with snap

Hello!

If I use the snap function with full sized cmd or powershell window, the window will break, and I can't "scroll" in it's content. In most cases If I reset the cmd window size back, the content will bring back. Sometimes it breaks down completely.

What I tried:

- Reset cmd settings to default

- Delete Console things from CURRENT_USER in the registry

- Reproduce the problem on another computer with older Windows version, 18xx, but it worked properly

Windows version:

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oiX-Z9giHU

Does anyone have any ideas? :

Thank you for your help!

:)

Dávid Tóta, Mar 26, 2021

2. Snap doesn't work

Hi AARobinson,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

It works fine on my system. I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer and check. Also, check for Windows updates.

Try to run the following commands and check if it helps.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Digijan Win User
    Snap Assist to top and bottom in portrait mode

I work in Portrait on my desktop and have found an almost-but-not-quite solution building on Eeshwar's suggestion.

1) Snap a window to one of the corners. For this purpose we'll say you have your notes app and Snap it to bottom-left or bottom-right.

2) Size the snapped window horizontally to fill the screen

3) Snap "top" window to either top corner - the window will match the size of your previously-snapped bottom window and fill the rest of the screen.

This solution has drawbacks:

1) Extra step - you must resize the initial window after snapping

2) No official keyboard shortcuts

Digijan, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Derek12 Win User

full sized cmd & powershell windows not working with snap

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

For what I use cmd (ipconfig, ping, diskpart...) PowerShell works just fine

Derek12, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

full sized cmd & powershell windows not working with snap

1. full sized cmd & powershell windows not working with snap - Similar Threads - full sized cmd

2. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  3. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  4. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. CMD and Powershell RUSH

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CMD and Powershell RUSH: Hi mods,My Windows 10 is running cmd and power shell automatically even though I didn't open them. Some errors are popping up and browsers are closing automatically. I captured the picture with my phone because it also freezes my pc mouse. Please help....
  6. Window changes to full size when I snap a window into half

Window changes to full size when I snap a window into half: When I drag a window down, then to the left, it resizes the tab into full size instead of half of the window. This happens when "Show where I can snap next" was disabled....
  7. Windows Snap sizes windows incorrectly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Snap sizes windows incorrectly.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AttackOfTheThumbs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iku99o/windows_snap_sizes_windows_incorrectly/
  8. CMD, PowerShell, Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD, PowerShell, Windows Terminal: I have recently returned to windows after 10 years of OSX/MacOS and Linux. During my time on these OSes I became very comfortable with using the terminal on a daily basis for minor tasks to system configuration and diagnostics. I loved the power these tools have and wish to...
  9. snap to full screen

snap to full screen: how do i shut off snap to full screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-to-full-screen/e72839f6-c49b-45fb-ace4-6021c49c2698
  10. CMD and PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and PowerShell: Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)". If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message: Same with...