Windows 10: Full SSD

Discus and support Full SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am too tired from windows 10, suddenly my SSD disk is almost full from 32 free GB i have 2 GB and i did not download anything at all. Do you know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VinHere, Dec 25, 2018.

1. VinHere Win User

Full SSD

I am too tired from windows 10, suddenly my SSD disk is almost full from 32 free GB i have 2 GB and i did not download anything at all.

Do you know how i fix this problem??

Thank you!!

:)

VinHere, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile Full SSD :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Dec 25, 2018
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Dec 25, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Full SSD

Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Full SSD

1. Full SSD - Similar Threads - Full SSD

2. pc full of trojans and malware after buying a new not so new apparantly SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc full of trojans and malware after buying a new not so new apparantly SSD: i Bought what i was thinking a new ssd. apears it was a ssd someone put some viruses on and than send it back to the store. but now my pc is full of trojans, malware and unwanted files. i am running Farbar Recovery scan tool now. but i really need some help here cuz i dont...
  3. pc full of trojans and malware after buying a new not so new apparantly SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc full of trojans and malware after buying a new not so new apparantly SSD: i Bought what i was thinking a new ssd. apears it was a ssd someone put some viruses on and than send it back to the store. but now my pc is full of trojans, malware and unwanted files. i am running Farbar Recovery scan tool now. but i really need some help here cuz i dont...
  4. pc full of trojans and malware after buying a new not so new apparantly SSD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 11: SSD Storage Almost Full Despite Not Having Many Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: SSD Storage Almost Full Despite Not Having Many Files: I have an Windows 11 HP laptop with a 256gb SSD, and it's taken me a while to notice this as an actual problem, but the storage space is always absurdly low. I regularly delete and move games and apps I'm not using, even if they aren't large; I clean out my downloads folder;...
  6. Windows 11: SSD Storage Almost Full Despite Not Having Many Files

Windows 11: SSD Storage Almost Full Despite Not Having Many Files: I have an Windows 11 HP laptop with a 256gb SSD, and it's taken me a while to notice this as an actual problem, but the storage space is always absurdly low. I regularly delete and move games and apps I'm not using, even if they aren't large; I clean out my downloads folder;...
  7. Ssd suddenly full after downloading file not that big

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd suddenly full after downloading file not that big: Greetings everyone I seem to be having problems with my SSD see I have a 256 sata SSD that still has 72gb of storage left in it so I downloaded a game that takes 60gb storage it's from steam by the way and not even halfway through downloading it suddenly said disk full only...
  8. Ssd suddenly full after downloading file not that big

Ssd suddenly full after downloading file not that big: Greetings everyone I seem to be having problems with my SSD see I have a 256 sata SSD that still has 72gb of storage left in it so I downloaded a game that takes 60gb storage it's from steam by the way and not even halfway through downloading it suddenly said disk full only...
  9. Ssd suddenly full after downloading file not that big

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. User-Password Trouble After Full Restore From SSD Failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    User-Password Trouble After Full Restore From SSD Failure: I have several PCs running Windows 10 Pro. The SSD on one failed and I could not repair/restore so I h=downloaded the recovery file from MS to USB and eventually got windows 10 pro installed on new SSD. I selected did not have activation code and answered questions about my...