Windows 10: full system scan stopped?

Discus and support full system scan stopped? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; no reason given says 35 min left https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/full-system-scan-stopped/097589b9-bb7e-4849-a5ca-ad095fcb504d Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CarlBenanty, Nov 28, 2020.

1. full system scan stopped?

no reason given

says 35 min left

:)

CarlBenanty, Nov 28, 2020

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Windpws store stopped working

Hi Oindrila,

Thank you for responding.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 28, 2020
  4. full system scan stopped?

backgroundTaskHost.exe stopped working

Hi,

As you are facing issues with the system failures with the error message: backgroundTaskHost.exe stopped working, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• When exactly do you get this error message on your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run a SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Method 2: Unregister and re-register the
    twinapi.appcore.dll and then check if you come across the issue.

Step 1: Steps to un-register
    twinapi.appcore.dll.

• Press Windows + R from the keyboard to open
      Run
      command.
    • Type regsvr32 /u twinapi.appcore.dll.
    • Click on OK.
    • Close the Run command window

Step 2: Steps to re-register
    twinapi.appcore.dll.

• Press Windows + R from the keyboard to open
      Run
      command.
    • Type regsvr32 /i twinapi.appcore.dll.
    • Click on OK.
    • Close the Run command window and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on the error message. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

full system scan stopped?

1. full system scan stopped? - Similar Threads - full system scan

2. Windows Security full scan always stops at exactly 10 hours into the scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security full scan always stops at exactly 10 hours into the scan: I’m trying to do a full scan for my pc since I’ve had it for 7 years and it’s pretty much guaranteed I picked up a hidden virus at some point but every time I try, it stops at 10 hours on the dot; not a second later or earlier. I know for a fact 10 hours isn’t enough for the...
  3. Windows Security stops full scan because of exclusion

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Security stops full scan because of exclusion: So I found an problem with Windows Security's full scan mode. While Windows Security is in Full scan mode, it had to stop the scan because of an exclusion. I don't know why this keeps happening. Why does this keep happening? How do I fix this issue? Thanks in advice!...
  4. Windows Security stops full scan because of exclusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security stops full scan because of exclusion: So I found an problem with Windows Security's full scan mode. While Windows Security is in Full scan mode, it had to stop the scan because of an exclusion. I don't know why this keeps happening. Why does this keep happening? How do I fix this issue? Thanks in advice!...
  5. Windows Security stops full scan because of exclusion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Full scan, not really full scaning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full scan, not really full scaning: so recently, whenever ive tried full scaningwhich i do regularly suddenly started scanning only 20-35 filesas a full scan and i checked the blocked list and all of them where in system32. But i dont know whether thats the problem or not....
  7. Full scan, not really full scaning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Full scan, not really full scaning: so recently, whenever ive tried full scaningwhich i do regularly suddenly started scanning only 20-35 filesas a full scan and i checked the blocked list and all of them where in system32. But i dont know whether thats the problem or not....
  8. Is it safe to let a full system scan run overnight?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it safe to let a full system scan run overnight?: So i'm suspecting there's some kinda malware on my computer and I wanna run a anti virus full system scan. Would it be safe to let a full system scan run overnight while I sleep? Power settings are set to never for when the computer will sleep after certain time of inactivity...
  9. Defender Full Scan stops half way?

Defender Full Scan stops half way?: Hi, I've just abandoned Norton in favour of Defender and all is well until I try and run a Full Scan which just hangs when the progress bar is roughly half way through. Why could this be and how to sort? Quick Scans are fine. I did read something a week or so ago about a...
  10. Full System Scan Avast Premium

Full System Scan Avast Premium: I'm running Avast Premium and the after scan Report it says there were files that couldn't be scanned because they are protected with a password. Three of the files snapshots ending with date stamps: C:\Users\UserName\FileName |> snhsht.....**_2016_03_15_05_28_09 the last...