Windows 10: Full system wipe

Discus and support Full system wipe in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to do a full system wipe / reboot on a dell 10th gen i5 with windows 10 followed the instructions from start menu and clicked to start the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JazzzyC, Feb 12, 2021.

1. JazzzyC Win User

Full system wipe

Trying to do a full system wipe / reboot on a dell 10th gen i5 with windows 10

followed the instructions from start menu and clicked to start the reboot. Said this may take some time.

The screen is now flashing between the dell symbol and a blank black screen, and has been for 12 hours. There’s no progress bar, or percentage and I have no idea if its actually doing anything.

Nothing happens when I press any of the buttons except F12 which brings up a weird page talking aboit boots and restart via usb or cd which I dont understand.

Google says a full wipe shpuld take no more than 4, and everyone else seems to see a percentage of completion as it does it. This has been 12 hours, and I’m not sure if its actially doing anything at all.

Can anyone help? Why is it taking so long? And is this even right? Is it doing the reboot or just stuck in some pointless loop??

I’m supposed to be selling it in another 6 hours and cant in this state because it looks broken! Should I just wait? Or try to stop it somehow?

:)

JazzzyC, Feb 12, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Wipe and install Win 7

Confusing.
    I assume you mean "not happy" instead of "beyond happy".

At the very least you'll need:
    1. A legitimate W7 install disk and Product Key
    2. KB976932 Service Pack 1
    3. Driver install files
    4. KB3020369 Prerequisite for KB3125574
    5. KB3125574 W7 SP1 Update Rollup (Windows will be updated to April 2016)

Then follow this tutorial:
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...ndows-7-a.html

Once you have successfully installed W7, the updates listed above and the drivers, install a program like Macrium Reflect and create at least 2 Backup System Images (on different external HDDs).
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...e-macrium.html

Once you have created the Backup System Images, you can risk downloading the remaining updates for W7.
    I only install the Security-Only updates (and some fixes for them):

Full system wipe [​IMG]

Note:
    You'll also need to apply IE and .NET updates separately.

lehnerus2000, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Full system wipe

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Full system wipe

1. Full system wipe - Similar Threads - Full system wipe

2. Cannot full wipe pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot full wipe pc: I recently attempted to deepwipe my pc. After wiping user 1 still remains on the computer but i cannot log in due to the account not being found. I've attempted to wipe again but it led me back right to where i was before. Pls help, this computer was gifted to me so I do not...
  3. Cannot full wipe pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot full wipe pc: I recently attempted to deepwipe my pc. After wiping user 1 still remains on the computer but i cannot log in due to the account not being found. I've attempted to wipe again but it led me back right to where i was before. Pls help, this computer was gifted to me so I do not...
  4. Cannot log into windows after a full reset and wipe

Cannot log into windows after a full reset and wipe: I decided to fully clean and reset my computer. It worked fine until it was done and i tried to log in to the computer. I do not get any option to log in to an admin account, and my old user gets the error message "your pin is No longer available due to a change on this...
  5. System wiped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System wiped: My Windows 10 laptop was running fine. Then everything was wiped. All my apps, my data, my preferences, etc. It was like I had just bought the computer. Can anything be restored? Why did this happen--it looks like an update but system says it was last updated 10 days ago....
  6. System wiped

System wiped: My Windows 10 laptop was running fine. Then everything was wiped. All my apps, my data, my preferences, etc. It was like I had just bought the computer. Can anything be restored? Why did this happen--it looks like an update but system says it was last updated 10 days ago....
  7. System wiped

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows update wiped system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update wiped system: I'm currently working on someone's computer and it looks like there was a Windows update that went wrong. When the computer was turned on it started the automatic repair which didn't succeed then came to the recovery page. I tried to run a system restore, but no restore...
  9. Full Windows 10 System Restart And Wipe Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full Windows 10 System Restart And Wipe Help: Hi All, How do I do this when the computer tells me I cannot? When I do this Recovery > Reset This PC > Remove Everything, a system message pops up and tells me that it is unable. How do I overcome this? My goal is to wipe everything on my system except the windows 10...
  10. What to do after a full wipe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What to do after a full wipe: I am currently awaiting my PC to reset completely because its been having some issues for a few years and I wanna try resetting before changing the hardware. Originally I was going to do a small one and keep my files but it blue screened 6 times when just powering on without...