Windows 10: Full win10 install on ssd

Discus and support Full win10 install on ssd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi my actual os: Win 7. Home edition. Installed on hdd i have mounted a 120 g sandisk SSD in my desktop so i would like to install a FULL.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jcarlier, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Jcarlier Win User

Full win10 install on ssd

Hi

my actual os: Win 7. Home edition. Installed on hdd

i have mounted a 120 g sandisk SSD in my desktop

so i would like to install a FULL. (Not a update) win10 on my new ssd

i disconnect my win7 hdd ( i want to keep this win 7 hdd)

after,

can i follow the instructions on this forum :

Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First

questions :

I Use Media Creation Tool to create Bootable Windows 10 USB (step 2)

Is my usb key contains a FULL win10 ?

is win10 recognize my new ssd and format it ?

have i to search the new win10 drivers (printer,graphics card..) before install?

sorry for my poor english

many thanks

:)

Jcarlier, Mar 16, 2016

2. Buy and Install Win10 on Existing Machine

Andre Da Costa, Mar 16, 2016
  3. Clean installing Windows 10 on new SSD

I have upgraded my Win8.1 to Win10. I want to add an SSD and do a clean install of Win10. My concerns are regarding the activation of Win10 after the clean install on the new SSD. I know how to create a bootable Win10 on an USB stick but will the new Win10
    activate without a problem?

Chi Man Wong, Mar 16, 2016
  4. Superfly Win User

Yes, but you'll have to get the genuineticket.xml from the Win 7 installation. Run gatherosstate.exe from the Win 10 USB on Win 7 and copy GT.xml to the USB - remove the Win 7 HDD , install win 10 (same edition) on the SSD and proceed with GT activation - (not going into the EULA ramifications)

Yes
    Yes
    Unlikely...

Superfly, Mar 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Full win10 install on ssd - Similar Threads - Full win10 install

2. Install Win10 on a non-bootable NVME SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Win10 on a non-bootable NVME SSD: Hi, I want to install Win10 on a system with a NVME SSD, but the BIOS does not recognize the drive as a bootable device. I have already done this with Linux, just put the EFI Partition and the /boot mount point on the HDD and the root / and /home folder is on the NVME...
  3. New SSD win10 install, advice please?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New SSD win10 install, advice please?: OK, so Windows updates are just slowing my machine down and I'm thinking of getting an SSD and swapping it over. Problem is my laptop only has one drive slot so I can't clone it the way I've been told and I have not been able to find my product key as It wasn't stuck to the...
  4. Is it normal to have problems installing Win10 on SSD?

Is it normal to have problems installing Win10 on SSD?: I have a Windows 10 USB and have installed it successfully on 3 different computers (Spinning hard drives), but when I added SSDs on those three computers, every time I would try installing Windows 10 on the SSDs, it always gave me boot errors. I had to resort to cloning my...
  5. Full SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Full SSD: I am too tired from windows 10, suddenly my SSD disk is almost full from 32 free GB i have 2 GB and i did not download anything at all. Do you know how i fix this problem?? Thank you!!...
  6. SSD Drive Full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD Drive Full: So my 240GB SSD Drive that came with my PC is full and I purchased a new 500GB SSD but I can't seem to install most new programs to it. I remember my older computers always giving you the option to install to any location you wanted but it seems to automatically put...
  7. Folder deletion impossible even with full permissions, Win10, SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder deletion impossible even with full permissions, Win10, SSD: Hello I'm having difficulty deleting files and folders on an SSD in Windows 10. The SSD is used for games, and most of the data is a Steam folder. The problem with file removal is worsened as the Steam folder is mostly a modded Skyrim installation, which requires frequent...
  8. Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD

Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD: Hi to all I have my Acer laptop around 2 months , and now i want to fresh install win 10 What I've done ,I created USB image via Rufus with Win10 home (which I had on my new laptop preinstalled) I writed down my licence key. Ive booted and cleaned SSD completely with new...
  9. SSD not detected in Win10 install but is detected in bios

SSD not detected in Win10 install but is detected in bios: Hi all, This is my first build and I am so close yet it feels so far away. I'm at the final step of installing Windows 10 onto my PC I have a bootable USB drive connected and everything goes smoothly until I have to select a hard drive! I have a Mushkin Enhanced Reactor...
  10. win10 install to SSD

win10 install to SSD: Windows install says ( Can't install on USB flash drive.). That's how it sees my SSD. Do I have to put my original HDD back in, image SSD to it and then try to install? 13087