Windows 10: Fullscreen border appears on second monitor - no fix?

Discus and support Fullscreen border appears on second monitor - no fix? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is driving me absolutely insane and I can't find a solve anywhere - pleaaaaaase can somebody point me to a fix? Some, not all, programs extend to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mushter17, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Fullscreen border appears on second monitor - no fix?

This is driving me absolutely insane and I can't find a solve anywhere - pleaaaaaase can somebody point me to a fix?

Some, not all, programs extend to my second monitor when in fullscreen. Discord and Star Wars Battlefront 2 are the main 2 programs (BF2 does so in fullscreen and borderless). This overlay means I can't use the multi monitor properly when playing this game, because setting to fullscreen means I cannot use the second monitor, as the game bleeding onto it makes it think both are required.

I read some solves about ASUS monitors needing to be changed from "overscan", but mine are already set properly. I also read about toggling hardware acceleration off on discord, but this doesn't work either. Both monitors are set to native resolution. It seems to be an issue relating to only certain programs where the border extends past the edges of the screen.

Apps like Chrome and Microsoft Word do not have an issue. I've read it can be something to do with how different programs determine the screen borders?

One monitor is an Asus 32" 1440p running on Display port, the other is an Asus 27" 1080p monitor running on HDMI (if that makes any difference"

Thanks in Advance!

submitted by /u/mushter17
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mushter17, Nov 24, 2020

2. Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes

Before we get started, here might be some setup information that may be worth noting. My primary monitor is a 1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native) using an HDMI to DVI. My secondary monitor is a SONY TV 1360 x 768 (native) using an HDMI. Both are connected to my graphics card and not the motherboard. I have always had this setup but I have not always had this issue.

Preforming the following actions may cause my second monitor to appear pixelated.
    • Getting a web browser out of maximized mode by click dragging the window or using the restore button
    • Using full screen on the secondary monitor
    • Dragging a window into the second monitor, sometimes

In order to temporarily solve this issue I must apply a change to any display using the Nvidia Control Panel. Using the Windows display settings to apply a change does not always fix the issue. Also note that after the second monitor goes pixelated, my computer does not detect a change in any display's resolution settings.

So far I have tried the following fixes to no avail
    • Keeping display drivers up to date
    • Using a DDU to wipe display drivers clean and start anew
    • Using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

I have tried to use capture software to screenshot the pixelation but it can not see it. I have to use a camera to show what it looks like instead.
    Before:

Fullscreen border appears on second monitor - no fix? [​IMG]

After:

Capture software is not capable of detecting the pixelation so I have recreated what it looks like on screen. Use this as reverence if the pictures look bad.
    Before:

After:

Tjaekazuta, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Fullscreen border appears on second monitor - no fix?

border on monitor

thank you, I appreciate your help. However, as I mentioned inmy initial email, "I have 2 monitors that are working. the Left monitor has a 2 inch border on the right side. the resolution is 1440x900. If
    use the recommended 1600x 900resolution the windows icon disappears from the right side of the screen.

the "recommended" setting is worse.

any other suggestions?

Stewart Dunsker, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Fullscreen border appears on second monitor - no fix?

1. Fullscreen border appears on second monitor - no fix? - Similar Threads - Fullscreen border appears

2. Taskbar appearing in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar appearing in fullscreen: I have tried resetting the Windows explorer in the task manager which didn’t work and then I tried automatically hide the task bar and I hides the task bar even when I’m not in a game so I’m wondering how to hide the task bar when I’m fullscreen...
  3. Taskbar appearing in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar appearing in fullscreen: I have tried resetting the Windows explorer in the task manager which didn’t work and then I tried automatically hide the task bar and I hides the task bar even when I’m not in a game so I’m wondering how to hide the task bar when I’m fullscreen...
  4. Boot Screen keeps appearing on second monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot Screen keeps appearing on second monitors: Hi, Whenever I start my PC the boot screen where I have the ability to go into BIOS always appears on my vertical second monitor. I am using 2 DP from my nvidia graphics card. I made sure the monitors are set propoerly on the NVIDIA control panel and also on the display...
  5. Certain applications in fullscreen "bleed" over to my second monitor (white border)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain applications in fullscreen "bleed" over to my second monitor (white border): I've recently rebuilt my PC and installed fresh Windows. I have a dual monitor set up, mounted one on top of the other. I've noticed recently that numerous programs when full screen have a random white border that "bleeds" or overhangs onto the second monitor. I've tried...
  6. Desktop icons appearing on second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons appearing on second monitor: As my title suggests, I am trying to troubleshoot an issue where my desktop icons are appearing on the wrong screen. I have my primary display set correctly in settings however, the icons continue to appear on the wrong monitor. This isn't a huge concern to me, but it is more...
  7. border on monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    border on monitor: I have 2 monitors that are working. the Left monitor has a 2 inch border on the right side. the resolution is 1440x900. If use the recommended 1600x 900resolution the windows icon disappears from the right side of the screen....
  8. Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes: Before we get started, here might be some setup information that may be worth noting. My primary monitor is a 1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native) using an HDMI to DVI. My secondary monitor is a SONY TV 1360 x 768 (native) using an HDMI. Both are connected to my graphics card and not...
  9. Strange bug with fullscreen youtube vidoes on second monitor in chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Strange bug with fullscreen youtube vidoes on second monitor in chrome: I am experiencing a strange bug in chrome, whenever I put a youtube video into fullscreen mode, I can see my desktop along the left side and the top. I'm not sure what is causing this bug, as it has only started happening recently and only on a monitor without a task bar. I...
  10. Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor: Hi, I am facing a strange problem. I have installed Windows 10 recently on my new PC. The problem I am facing is that the HDMI connected Samsung TV (which is the second monitor) is showing up red/blue dots across the screen. Initially, i thought it might be a graphic...