Windows 10: Fullscreen fake/generic desktop appears in Windows 10 on top of actual desktop and taskbar

Discus and support Fullscreen fake/generic desktop appears in Windows 10 on top of actual desktop and taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Seen above is the fake desktop. I can not interact with it or edit it [ATTACH] This is my real taskbar which appears when I press start. Or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ViolentX, Jul 6, 2020.

1. ViolentX Win User

Fullscreen fake/generic desktop appears in Windows 10 on top of actual desktop and taskbar

Fullscreen fake/generic desktop appears in Windows 10 on top of actual desktop and taskbar 69e5c4c5-5b76-4b0d-9ea9-25009e16c963?upload=true.jpg

Seen above is the fake desktop. I can not interact with it or edit it
    Fullscreen fake/generic desktop appears in Windows 10 on top of actual desktop and taskbar 80d007ed-3d7e-48a3-811e-e5cb403e6a04?upload=true.jpg

This is my real taskbar which appears when I press start. Or click on "show desktop"

Restarting PC fixes the issue for a brief moment until it appears again.

Problem started after updating to Version 2004

:)

ViolentX, Jul 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 brings taskbar on top of fullscreen-windows

I was playing a game on my laptop and suddenly the taskbar is visible in a fullscreen game. It did not stop there, after the game i opened Netflix. When i tried to fullscreen the video again the taskbar appeared. Please suggest a fix. Thank You.

DarshanWaghela, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Automatically moving a fullscreen window onto a new desktop

Hi Joel,

In Windows 10, there is an option to open an app in a fullscreen view. This way, it will be possible for you to make the fullscreen window move to a new desktop. Follow these steps to do so.

• Right click on the application.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on the Shortcut tab.
    • Beside the Run option, click on the drop-down menu and then choose Maximized.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Jul 6, 2020
  4. SlickNutz Win User

Fullscreen fake/generic desktop appears in Windows 10 on top of actual desktop and taskbar

Top Secret: Windows 10 and the Frozen Desktop

Is it possible, if I take a screen shot of a Windows 10 desktop session with everything minimized and set that as the desktop background, to:

• make all real desktop icons disappear,
    • hide taskbar so it stays hidden,

this would make it appear as if the mouse works but everything else does not respond on the desktop view when clicked?

Why?

I have a technical need to set up random desktop workstations in this manner for a special "top secret" project at work to see how certain employees respond and report incidents and issues for compliance adherence to a new company policy when malfunctioning systems occur.

Details

The computers are regular desktop computers with Windows 10 joined to a domian in an AD environment and I have full domain admin access to everything from login scripts, to GPO's, and on and on. I will accept and test all methods (scripts, Group Policy settings, manual steps on the desktop session doing this, and on and on) suggested to pick the best method for my need. Since I have a deadline months out for the first real run, I figured I'd ask some experts or regular people for some suggestions on this task.

Undo Optional

If you have a method to undo this for the method you advise that would be great but it's not required and I'll figure that part out but the easier for me the better for setting it up and undoing it for all methods I'll test.

SlickNutz, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Fullscreen fake/generic desktop appears in Windows 10 on top of actual desktop and taskbar - Similar Threads - Fullscreen fake generic

2. Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic: My organization recently moved our infrastructure to the cloud in Azure. We use Azure Virtual Desktop Preview to access VMs in the cloud to work. The experience is pretty seamless however when we open applications through Azure Virtual Desktop Preview some of the icons in the...
  3. Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic: My organization recently moved our infrastructure to the cloud in Azure. We use Azure Virtual Desktop Preview to access VMs in the cloud to work. The experience is pretty seamless however when we open applications through Azure Virtual Desktop Preview some of the icons in the...
  4. Taskbar appearing when fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar appearing when fullscreen: Hello,When I'm playing fullscreen games the taskbar keeps appearing when I move my mouse on bottom screen where has taskbar. It happens when i use microsoft teams at the same time as video games.Can you fix it?Thanks...
  5. Taskbar appearing when fullscreen

Taskbar appearing when fullscreen: Hello,When I'm playing fullscreen games the taskbar keeps appearing when I move my mouse on bottom screen where has taskbar. It happens when i use microsoft teams at the same time as video games.Can you fix it?Thanks...
  6. Taskbar appearing in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar appearing in fullscreen: I have tried resetting the Windows explorer in the task manager which didn’t work and then I tried automatically hide the task bar and I hides the task bar even when I’m not in a game so I’m wondering how to hide the task bar when I’m fullscreen...
  7. Taskbar appearing in fullscreen

Taskbar appearing in fullscreen: I have tried resetting the Windows explorer in the task manager which didn’t work and then I tried automatically hide the task bar and I hides the task bar even when I’m not in a game so I’m wondering how to hide the task bar when I’m fullscreen...
  8. Taskbar appearing when fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar appearing when fullscreen: Hello,When I'm playing fullscreen games fullscreen without borders the taskbar keeps appearing when I move my mouse to the left or the right corner. It just shows for about 1 second and when I move up my mouse it disappear but it's really annoying cause my mouse goes often on...
  9. Taskbar appearing when fullscreen

Taskbar appearing when fullscreen: Hello,When I'm playing fullscreen games fullscreen without borders the taskbar keeps appearing when I move my mouse to the left or the right corner. It just shows for about 1 second and when I move up my mouse it disappear but it's really annoying cause my mouse goes often on...
  10. Taskbar appearing on fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar appearing on fullscreen mode: Hey, I just recently installed Windows 10 in my computer and I'm having a problem with the taskbar while on fullscreen mode on Youtube and such. Here are some screenshots I took from my problem: [ATTACH] As you can see, I'm on a youtube video on fullscreen and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 desktop with taskbar

2. fake windows desktop

3. windows 10 desktop jpg