Windows 10: Fullscreen freezes

Discus and support Fullscreen freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever i try to watch anything fullscreen on my HDMI connected screen the video freezes as soon as it is made fullscreen. it is not a browser issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Noah C1, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Noah C1 Win User

Fullscreen freezes

Whenever i try to watch anything fullscreen on my HDMI connected screen the video freezes as soon as it is made fullscreen. it is not a browser issue as it does the same on all sites, browsers and applications. i have updated all of my drivers related to the issue but i can't seem to solve it. everything else works fine even fullscreen games but video's don't. how can i fix this?

thanks.

:)

Noah C1, Nov 22, 2020

2. Video Freezes in Fullscreen in HDMI

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the swift response.

It doesn't occur when HDMI is unplugged.

Usually just Google Chrome. But I tried it as soon as you suggested and the problem does not occur on this display. Same video that freezes can be played back on fullscreen with Firefox.

I had the same problem with the TV at home as the one I'm plugged into now at work, a Dell monitor.

What could be the problem?

MatthewKang3, Nov 22, 2020
  3. youtube fullscreen problems and browser problems

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience on this issue.

Now, if the results are not satisfactory, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another Local administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Write to us with the results, fro further assistance on the same.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Fullscreen freezes

Automatically moving a fullscreen window onto a new desktop

Hi Joel,

In Windows 10, there is an option to open an app in a fullscreen view. This way, it will be possible for you to make the fullscreen window move to a new desktop. Follow these steps to do so.

• Right click on the application.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on the Shortcut tab.
    • Beside the Run option, click on the drop-down menu and then choose Maximized.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Fullscreen freezes

1. Fullscreen freezes - Similar Threads - Fullscreen freezes

2. FullScreen Freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FullScreen Freezes: When I open Fortnite in full-screen it freezes and my mouse cursor starts disappearing and reappearing randomly, I tried multiple things like reverting the driver's download, unplugging and replugging the monitor, etc. Nothing worked, it only happens on Fortnite and I don't...
  3. FullScreen Freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FullScreen Freezes: When I open Fortnite in full-screen it freezes and my mouse cursor starts disappearing and reappearing randomly, I tried multiple things like reverting the driver's download, unplugging and replugging the monitor, etc. Nothing worked, it only happens on Fortnite and I don't...
  4. Display out freezes for 1-2 seconds when using Alt+Esc from Windowed Fullscreen Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display out freezes for 1-2 seconds when using Alt+Esc from Windowed Fullscreen Games: I believe this may be a rather unique problem, but I've tried searching for answers and have not found anything other than Alt+Tab problems and solutions.I run a 3 monitor setup on a Windows 11 based PC. My primary monitor is connected to an AMD discrete GPU 6900 XT while my...
  5. Display out freezes for 1-2 seconds when using Alt+Esc from Windowed Fullscreen Games

Display out freezes for 1-2 seconds when using Alt+Esc from Windowed Fullscreen Games: I believe this may be a rather unique problem, but I've tried searching for answers and have not found anything other than Alt+Tab problems and solutions.I run a 3 monitor setup on a Windows 11 based PC. My primary monitor is connected to an AMD discrete GPU 6900 XT while my...
  6. Black screen pulling me out of fullscreen video / game and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen pulling me out of fullscreen video / game and freezing: Hard to explain, been happening since today after I installed a few apps, namely Ear Trumpet from Microsoft Store, tried installing and using WindowBlinds from a YouTube QoL recommendations video here and here but uninstalled after it didn't work, as well as Black In Black /...
  7. Black screen pulling me out of fullscreen video / game and freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen pulling me out of fullscreen video / game and freezing: Hard to explain, been happening since today after I installed a few apps, namely Ear Trumpet from Microsoft Store, tried installing and using WindowBlinds from a YouTube QoL recommendations video here and here but uninstalled after it didn't work, as well as Black In Black /...
  8. Black screen pulling me out of fullscreen video / game and freezing

9. Computer semi-freezes sometimes when I tab out of fullscreen applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer semi-freezes sometimes when I tab out of fullscreen applications: Sometimes Not all the time, but every now and then when I tab out, usually from a fullscreen game, the computer will semi-freeze Don't know a better word to describe it. Nothing will visually change at all on my monitors, except for the mouse icon. No buttons or actions will...
  10. USB devices freezing when going into fullscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices freezing when going into fullscreen: Hello,I have an issue where whenever I go into full screen mode, my USB devices freeze for a few seconds. It happens across all my devices, including my mouse and keyboard RGB freezes, and buttons do not work . I've tried countless different devices but the problem seems to...