Windows 10: Fullscreen freezes

Discus and support Fullscreen freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever i try to watch anything fullscreen on my HDMI connected screen the video freezes as soon as it is made fullscreen. it is not a browser issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Noah C1, Nov 22, 2020 at 9:27 AM.

1. Noah C1 Win User

Fullscreen freezes

Whenever i try to watch anything fullscreen on my HDMI connected screen the video freezes as soon as it is made fullscreen. it is not a browser issue as it does the same on all sites, browsers and applications. i have updated all of my drivers related to the issue but i can't seem to solve it. everything else works fine even fullscreen games but video's don't. how can i fix this?

thanks.

:)

2. Video Freezes in Fullscreen in HDMI

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the swift response.

It doesn't occur when HDMI is unplugged.

Usually just Google Chrome. But I tried it as soon as you suggested and the problem does not occur on this display. Same video that freezes can be played back on fullscreen with Firefox.

I had the same problem with the TV at home as the one I'm plugged into now at work, a Dell monitor.

What could be the problem?

MatthewKang3, Nov 22, 2020 at 9:30 AM
  3. youtube fullscreen problems and browser problems

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience on this issue.

Now, if the results are not satisfactory, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another Local administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Write to us with the results, fro further assistance on the same.

Thank You.

4. Fullscreen freezes

Automatically moving a fullscreen window onto a new desktop

Hi Joel,

In Windows 10, there is an option to open an app in a fullscreen view. This way, it will be possible for you to make the fullscreen window move to a new desktop. Follow these steps to do so.

• Right click on the application.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on the Shortcut tab.
    • Beside the Run option, click on the drop-down menu and then choose Maximized.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Thema:

Fullscreen freezes

1. Fullscreen freezes - Similar Threads - Fullscreen freezes

2. Fullscreen border appears on second monitor - no fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fullscreen border appears on second monitor - no fix?: This is driving me absolutely insane and I can't find a solve anywhere - pleaaaaaase can somebody point me to a fix? Some, not all, programs extend to my second monitor when in fullscreen. Discord and Star Wars Battlefront 2 are the main 2 programs (BF2 does so in fullscreen...
  3. When I play a game Fullscreen and alt-tab out, my accent color changes.

When I play a game Fullscreen and alt-tab out, my accent color changes.: So in personalization, I changed my accent color for things like the taskbar and settings and stuff to "Seafoam". If I'm playing a game in full screen and I hit alt-tab to get out of it, the accent color changes to brown. I have no idea why, I do not have "Automatically pick...
  4. Notifications not coming through when using fullscreen

Notifications not coming through when using fullscreen: Idk why this is happening but When i go into fullscreen mode on youtube or anything really Notifications dont come through from my whatsapp or any apps at all submitted by /u/IBAIZI [link] [comments]...
  5. Exiting any fullscreen application causes windows to hang, then crash.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exiting any fullscreen application causes windows to hang, then crash.: Anytime that I exit a full-screen application typically a video game, all of my monitors freeze, though my mouse still moves unable to interact with anything for about a minute or two until it freezes as well. So far, it seems I am able to avoid my system freezing if I set...
  6. NVIDIA driver problem. Freeze after leaving fullscreen.

NVIDIA driver problem. Freeze after leaving fullscreen.: Ok I've got a weird bug. When I enter and leave the fullscreen for example with chrome in youtube or any other video in html5 my screen freezes eventually with the mouse being visible and moving but everything else is frozen. Windows is still running in the background because...
  7. Video Freezes in Fullscreen in HDMI

Video Freezes in Fullscreen in HDMI: Hi Seeking desperate help. Everything works as it should when I plug in the HDMI cable to my Asus laptop both as mirror display or as extended display. However, I realise that some videos on some sites do not play in full screen. It freezes on the mirrored/extended screen...
  8. Win10 Crashing/ Freezing under heavy fullscreen grapic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Crashing/ Freezing under heavy fullscreen grapic: In some cases, my OS freezes out entirely. It shows a blank image on the primary and a freezed image on the secondary display. It happens when I try to run some gpu heavy workload, especially on fullscreen. Some example: Overwatch (right after launch, or when rendering a...
  9. Not able to launch any game in fullscreen without pc freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to launch any game in fullscreen without pc freezing: Whenever i launch a game that i have enabled full-screen on, my computer simply freezes and i can't do anything other than to force shut-down my computer by holding down the power button. This started to happen after i changed from Gtx 680 to Gtx 1070. All my drivers are...
  10. BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen

BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen: I've tried so many things to no avail. Finally came to my senses to post on a forum. 40871