Windows 10: Fullscreen games capped at 60fps

Discus and support Fullscreen games capped at 60fps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I have really strange issue with Fortnite (previously with other games). After I launch game, my game is stuck at 60fps with vsync (I can feel that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HI_its_Yoshi, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Fullscreen games capped at 60fps

Hi

I have really strange issue with Fortnite (previously with other games). After I launch game, my game is stuck at 60fps with vsync (I can feel that vsync is ON because my mouse has “swimming effect” during game - delays).

I turned off vsync in game, in NVIDIA control panel. I disabled Fullscreen optimizations for every .exe file (launcher & fortnite in every possible folder). It worked one time, but next day problem still existed and nothing worked.

The funny thing is, when I change from Fullscreen mode to windowed mode, my FPS are unlocked and jumps to ~150. And very strange thing - while being in Fullscreen mode with this 60fps cap bug, after I change my volume or brightness, while volume/brightness bar is visible - my FPS unlocks. After this disappeared - coming back to 60fps cap. well... WTF??

Does anybody had the same issue? Game mode and game bar are OFF.

I am not able to play at the moment...

Appreciate all comments

submitted by /u/HI_its_Yoshi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HI_its_Yoshi, Oct 29, 2019

2. All fullscreen games and applications capped at 60FPS

As the title states, everything in fullscreen is capped at 60 FPS.

Going to NVIDIA control panel and disabling v-sync (even though it was already off in all games)

Re-installing drivers graphics drivers

Reinstalling windows itself

The only thing that works is disabling fullscreen optimizations on the .exe of the game. I know for a fact that an update caused this, but i’m not sure which one.

I know this software related because i dualbooted Ubuntu GamePack and all my supported Linux games ran with full performance and with no FPS cap. I have proved this is not a hardware issue.

if i disable fullscreen optimizations, i can’t have any overlays on my games, so i have to have that box unchecked.

KamronBehravan, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Skyrow Win User
    Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS

Hi,

The problem is that If the game is in windowed mode, it reaches 144 fps, but in fullscreen it can't get over 60 fps.

- Not due to a hardware limit

- Any fps limit disabled in games.

- V-sync disabled in games and in nvidia control panel.

- Re-installed graphics drivers.

- Tried disabling fullscreen optimizations on the .exe of games.

- Disabled gameDVR in settings and in registry editor.

After this, I've tested some games.

these ones are not capped at 60fps in fullscreen :

- Steep (edit : tested it in borderless, not fullscreen)

- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon WIldlands

these other ones are capped at 60fps in fullscreen :

- Sea Of Thieves

- The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

- Fortnite

- Prey

- Far Cry 5

- Steep

I'm running with Windows 10 Family, version 1803, on 64 bits OS.

And I'm using multi-monitor so my main one is a 144Hz and the second a 60Hz, but I didn't set them up in surround mode.

Any Idea of what causes this ?

Skyrow, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Floxit Win User

Fullscreen games capped at 60fps

GAME DVR 60FPS and FULLSCREEN Notification bar

Hello,

I know its a long time, but I had the same problem with Windows 10 Creator Update, and game dvr : I've only Intel chipset (HD 620), recorded in 1080x60p in high quality, on the old game Re-Volt running with Vsync ON 60fps, fan-ported and running actually
    on OpenGL. The final recording lack some frames, with a average of 53fps.

I experimented different settings, and found a great alternative to recover some fps, before you try to lower your settings for the recorder.

I just disabled the sync in game, but if I record with sync off, the result is awful like 4 fps or 40fps with Game Mode off (probably because it prioritize more the game than the recording).

So, I capped my game in 60fps sync off with Rivatuner statistics server. And bingo, I recovered some perfs, enough to reach the stable 60fps in recording.

So, you can try this:

- Vsync off

- Cap 60fps in your graphics settings (if you can), or with a tierce software like Rivatuner Statistic Server.

- If you don't reach enough, consider to lower the capping to 50 maybe, for a stable 50fps recording, or disable settings in your game, like antialising (which is very demanding in ressources).

Have fun.

Floxit, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Fullscreen games capped at 60fps

1. Fullscreen games capped at 60fps - Similar Threads - Fullscreen games capped

2. Fullscreen Issues On Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen Issues On Games: Hello everybody, Yesterday I completed my first PC build. I installed Windows 10 Home on it and ran Windows Update until everything is up to date. I then downloaded and installed my latest graphics card drivers. After installing Steam and the Xbox Beta App, I downloaded...
  3. display scaling for old fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display scaling for old fullscreen game: Hello! For my grandchilds I scale the desktop for showing huge icons. Unfortunately the game dinosaur world from BBC uses this scale adjustment. So only the half area is to see full screen. If I scale the desktop as normal the game displays all. Is it possible to adjust...
  4. All my fullscreen games are capped at 60 fps and ive tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my fullscreen games are capped at 60 fps and ive tried everything: After the windows update my games keep on being capped to 60 fps and i cant do anything to it. ive tried turning off game bar and game dvr in settings and in registry editor and nothing works....
  5. Deadzone in Fullscreen Games on Initial Run?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deadzone in Fullscreen Games on Initial Run?: Sorry if this is in the wrong place. First post and I'm not sure where everything is yet. I installed Windows 10 on my laptop recently after switching from linux. I ran windows 10 before and haven't had this issue. I have an issue whenever I open any games in full screen...
  6. Deadzone in Fullscreen Games on Initial Run?

in Windows 10 Support
    Deadzone in Fullscreen Games on Initial Run?: Sorry if this is in the wrong place. First post and I'm not sure where everything is yet. I installed Windows 10 on my laptop recently after switching from linux. I ran windows 10 before and haven't had this issue. I have an issue whenever I open any games in full screen...
  7. Video in game is choppy in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video in game is choppy in fullscreen mode: so lately i got a problem with the games most likely with the thirt person ones,when i enter fullscreen from alt+tab the game becomes choppy(i have good fps so its not a lag problem) when i move my character and mouse.I even reinstalled windows(10 Pro) and its still the same...
  8. Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS: Hi, The problem is that If the game is in windowed mode, it reaches 144 fps, but in fullscreen it can't get over 60 fps. - Not due to a hardware limit - Any fps limit disabled in games. - V-sync disabled in games and in nvidia control panel. - Re-installed graphics...
  9. Game FPS capped at 60

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game FPS capped at 60: So I'm pretty sure this started happening after the Creator's update. I can't get more than 60 FPS in the games I play (League of Legends, Overwatch). Before I was constantly getting 100+. VSync is off, frame limit is uncapped in both game. Using latest NVidia drivers,...
  10. Screensaver overrides fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver overrides fullscreen games: My screensaver (a custom one) has a tendency to override some, but probably not all, fullscreen games if I don't use the keyboard or mouse for long enough, for example if I'm watching a cutscene or using some non-mouse, non-keyboard controllers (gamepads, smartphones etc.)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fullscreen 60 fps capped

2. fullscreen in games fps