Windows 10: Fullscreen games capped at 60fps

Discus and support Fullscreen games capped at 60fps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I have really strange issue with Fortnite (previously with other games). After I launch game, my game is stuck at 60fps with vsync (I can feel that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HI_its_Yoshi, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Fullscreen games capped at 60fps

Hi

I have really strange issue with Fortnite (previously with other games). After I launch game, my game is stuck at 60fps with vsync (I can feel that vsync is ON because my mouse has “swimming effect” during game - delays).

I turned off vsync in game, in NVIDIA control panel. I disabled Fullscreen optimizations for every .exe file (launcher & fortnite in every possible folder). It worked one time, but next day problem still existed and nothing worked.

The funny thing is, when I change from Fullscreen mode to windowed mode, my FPS are unlocked and jumps to ~150. And very strange thing - while being in Fullscreen mode with this 60fps cap bug, after I change my volume or brightness, while volume/brightness bar is visible - my FPS unlocks. After this disappeared - coming back to 60fps cap. well... WTF??

Does anybody had the same issue? Game mode and game bar are OFF.

I am not able to play at the moment...

Appreciate all comments

submitted by /u/HI_its_Yoshi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HI_its_Yoshi, Oct 29, 2019

2. All fullscreen games and applications capped at 60FPS

As the title states, everything in fullscreen is capped at 60 FPS.

Going to NVIDIA control panel and disabling v-sync (even though it was already off in all games)

Re-installing drivers graphics drivers

Reinstalling windows itself

The only thing that works is disabling fullscreen optimizations on the .exe of the game. I know for a fact that an update caused this, but i’m not sure which one.

I know this software related because i dualbooted Ubuntu GamePack and all my supported Linux games ran with full performance and with no FPS cap. I have proved this is not a hardware issue.

if i disable fullscreen optimizations, i can’t have any overlays on my games, so i have to have that box unchecked.

KamronBehravan, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Skyrow Win User
    Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS

Hi,

The problem is that If the game is in windowed mode, it reaches 144 fps, but in fullscreen it can't get over 60 fps.

- Not due to a hardware limit

- Any fps limit disabled in games.

- V-sync disabled in games and in nvidia control panel.

- Re-installed graphics drivers.

- Tried disabling fullscreen optimizations on the .exe of games.

- Disabled gameDVR in settings and in registry editor.

After this, I've tested some games.

these ones are not capped at 60fps in fullscreen :

- Steep (edit : tested it in borderless, not fullscreen)

- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon WIldlands

these other ones are capped at 60fps in fullscreen :

- Sea Of Thieves

- The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

- Fortnite

- Prey

- Far Cry 5

- Steep

I'm running with Windows 10 Family, version 1803, on 64 bits OS.

And I'm using multi-monitor so my main one is a 144Hz and the second a 60Hz, but I didn't set them up in surround mode.

Any Idea of what causes this ?

Skyrow, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Floxit Win User

Fullscreen games capped at 60fps

GAME DVR 60FPS and FULLSCREEN Notification bar

Hello,

I know its a long time, but I had the same problem with Windows 10 Creator Update, and game dvr : I've only Intel chipset (HD 620), recorded in 1080x60p in high quality, on the old game Re-Volt running with Vsync ON 60fps, fan-ported and running actually
    on OpenGL. The final recording lack some frames, with a average of 53fps.

I experimented different settings, and found a great alternative to recover some fps, before you try to lower your settings for the recorder.

I just disabled the sync in game, but if I record with sync off, the result is awful like 4 fps or 40fps with Game Mode off (probably because it prioritize more the game than the recording).

So, I capped my game in 60fps sync off with Rivatuner statistics server. And bingo, I recovered some perfs, enough to reach the stable 60fps in recording.

So, you can try this:

- Vsync off

- Cap 60fps in your graphics settings (if you can), or with a tierce software like Rivatuner Statistic Server.

- If you don't reach enough, consider to lower the capping to 50 maybe, for a stable 50fps recording, or disable settings in your game, like antialising (which is very demanding in ressources).

Have fun.

Floxit, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Fullscreen games capped at 60fps

1. Fullscreen games capped at 60fps - Similar Threads - Fullscreen games capped

2. 60 fps cap fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    60 fps cap fullscreen: I got a problem,my game have the fps capped at 60 in fullscreen mode and on windowed the fps are capped at 120 -Game bar is off,Disabled the full screen optimizaton,any v-sync in my game or driver is offPlease help...
  3. 60 fps cap fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    60 fps cap fullscreen: I got a problem,my game have the fps capped at 60 in fullscreen mode and on windowed the fps are capped at 120 -Game bar is off,Disabled the full screen optimizaton,any v-sync in my game or driver is offPlease help...
  4. 60 fps cap fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 60 FPS cap in fullscreen mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    60 FPS cap in fullscreen mode.: Hello,After buying a new pc, installing windows 10 and trying some games I noticed that in fullscreen mode the fps are always capped at 60 fps, but in windowed mode it gets unlocked, this is clearly a Windows issue because let me point out some stuff:-It's not a driver issue,...
  6. 60 FPS cap in fullscreen mode.

60 FPS cap in fullscreen mode.: Hello,After buying a new pc, installing windows 10 and trying some games I noticed that in fullscreen mode the fps are always capped at 60 fps, but in windowed mode it gets unlocked, this is clearly a Windows issue because let me point out some stuff:-It's not a driver issue,...
  7. 60FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    60FPS: Hi, I can't export videos at 1080p@60fps in Video Editor from Windows 10.Send a feedback to Microsoft to add these features: Export up to 1080p@60fps and choose custom resolution to export it....
  8. 60FPS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    60FPS: Hi, I can't export videos at 1080p@60fps in Video Editor from Windows 10.Send a feedback to Microsoft to add these features: Export up to 1080p@60fps and choose custom resolution to export it....
  9. All games stuck at 60FPS

All games stuck at 60FPS: Ryzen 5 3600 6 core at 4Ghz nVidia GTX 1660 Super 6GB 16GB DDR4 Vsync disabled both in game and in nVidia settings Gsync disabled Monitor is a 1440p@144hz Dell 27 series Games stuck at 60fps in both Fullscreen and WIndowed mode, regardless of graphics settings....
  10. Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS

Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS: Hi, The problem is that If the game is in windowed mode, it reaches 144 fps, but in fullscreen it can't get over 60 fps. - Not due to a hardware limit - Any fps limit disabled in games. - V-sync disabled in games and in nvidia control panel. - Re-installed graphics...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fullscreen 60 fps capped

2. Game FPS capped at 60  windows 10

3. graphics caped at 60fps

4. games lock at 60 full screen,
  5. fullscreen in games fps