Windows 10: Fullscreen Games Windows 10 randomly minimize to task bar but can still hear audio.

Discus and support Fullscreen Games Windows 10 randomly minimize to task bar but can still hear audio. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Over the past two years all my hi-resolution games have work on Full Screen mode without a problem. About three weeks ago ALL my games started dropping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by wihe2, Jul 2, 2019.

1. wihe2 Win User

Fullscreen Games Windows 10 randomly minimize to task bar but can still hear audio.

Over the past two years all my hi-resolution games have work on Full Screen mode without a problem. About three weeks ago ALL my games started dropping out to black screen, then to task bar but game audio could still be heard. If I right click the game in the task bar it will fill the display with a black screen. If I push the ESC key the video will revive.

This is random but happens on ten different games which all worked from twenty to nine hundred hours of game play.

I am using Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (May 2019 update). OS build 18362.175.

I have updated my video driver (using nVidia GTX 1080). No change. Rolled driver back to a few months ago. No change.

I have run all kinds of diagnostics. Tried both usb and blue tooth XBOX 360 controllers.

I have another game PC at my lake house. It is doing the exact same thing using a GTX 980 graphics card. Different motherboard and memory, etc. Windows 10 version, etc is identical to my home PC.

I'm convinced that something has changed in Windows 10 that is causing this issue.

:)

wihe2, Jul 2, 2019

2. My Task Bar appears even on fullscreen

The problem is the following:

(first i wanna say i have my task bar on the top of the screen) when i use a game on fullscreen, or watch a video in any place, i used to put my mouse on the top right corner to watch it full screen without seeing the little mouse there. Now im not able
    to do that anymore because everytime i do that, or i click on the upper side of my screen, task bar appears and it makes my games bug and i screen goes crazy. I tried moving the bar to the right, left and bottom of my screen, but sometimes i need to click
    on one of those borders (still while fullscreen) and the problem is there again.

If you need any more info just answer this and ask for it. I just need to get rid of task bar randomly appearing when i click close to it while on fullscreen because i've been using windows for years and this never happened before.

Hernan Olmedo, Jul 2, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Prevent Fullscreen games from minimizing?

I've been playing an ARPG called Path of Exile lately, and the game seems to run way smooth in Fullscreen mode than it does in Windowed Fullscreen. The only problem I have is if a window pops up outside of the game, it'll minimize the game and pull me out of it. Since I'm playing a hardcore character, this is potentially deadly and a situation I'm looking to avoid. Is there any way possible to prevent another window from taking focus and minimizing another program like the game I'm trying to play?

CK011885, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Fullscreen Games Windows 10 randomly minimize to task bar but can still hear audio.

Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Fullscreen Games Windows 10 randomly minimize to task bar but can still hear audio.

1. Fullscreen Games Windows 10 randomly minimize to task bar but can still hear audio. - Similar Threads - Fullscreen Games randomly

2. My screen turns black randomly and i can hear audio still

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen turns black randomly and i can hear audio still: This keeps happening to me, sometimes after 10 minutes or sometimes after a few days. I have no clue why it is happening but it sometimes happens when gaming and sometimes when just doing nothing. Sometimes the screen will also come back or go white too....
  3. My screen turns black randomly and i can hear audio still

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen turns black randomly and i can hear audio still: This keeps happening to me, sometimes after 10 minutes or sometimes after a few days. I have no clue why it is happening but it sometimes happens when gaming and sometimes when just doing nothing. Sometimes the screen will also come back or go white too....
  4. My screen turns black randomly and i can hear audio still

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is there a way to force minimize a fullscreen game?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to force minimize a fullscreen game?: Sometimes when I play a fullscreen game,then I just want to minimize it to do something else shortly. Win+D doesn't work for every game,sometimes it just freezes the game. I also tried borderless gaming so that I can make all fullscreen games borderless windowed so that I...
  6. Games minimize when fullscreen?

Games minimize when fullscreen?: I reloaded Windows a few months ago, and since then my games that start up fullscreen (or any game I turn on fullscreen) just outright minimize and it seems like it refreshes my desktop. I've tried reloading windows completely with a fresh install, removing all files and...
  7. Randomly all fullscreen games minimize constantly.

Randomly all fullscreen games minimize constantly.: Out of the blue the other day, all full screen games decided to start minimizing every few seconds. I can switch to windowed or borderless windowed, but those are unnacceptable fixes for me as performance suffers a bunch. I have tried re-installing games, disabling overlays,...
  8. Games randomly minimizing

Games randomly minimizing: Recently, over the past week, games randomly minimize to desktop. I added a custom resolution and think it may be causing issues somehow, even though it should only effect the games that use that resolution. I have gamemode turned off, and im not sure what to do. Any advice...
  9. Task bar pops in and out occasionally on fullscreen videos and even minimizes games.

Task bar pops in and out occasionally on fullscreen videos and even minimizes games.: I’ve tried everything from restarting the exe to disabling error reporting. I have no idea why this is happening, but it’s super annoying especially if I am playing online and it minimizes a game. submitted by /u/Ghettoceratops [link] [comments]...
  10. Game Bar audio is fuzzy/hard to hear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game Bar audio is fuzzy/hard to hear: So when I'm recording games using Game Bar, I am perfectly able to hear the audio inside the game. But when my microphone is enabled, things become static and I can hardly hear my own voice unless I'm really loud. Here's a short video of what I mean:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. game minimizes to taskbar