Windows 10: Fullscreen programs change my display color profile to default

Discus and support Fullscreen programs change my display color profile to default in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have this very weird bug that i can't seem to go around with any setting or driver version. Even tried clean windows 10 install. Every time I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StanchoStanchev, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Fullscreen programs change my display color profile to default

I have this very weird bug that i can't seem to go around with any setting or driver version. Even tried clean windows 10 install.

Every time I open anything in full screen like youtube or games, the monitors color profile is changed to default. I'm using and rog strix g713 laptop with integrated amd graphics and a dedicated nvidia one. The only thing that has worked so far is disabling the amd graphics, restarting the laptop, enabling the graphics, this solution works only till next restart. I suspect some foul play by the Armoury Crate program that asus uses for the laptop performance and visual profiles but I am stuck.

:)

StanchoStanchev, Apr 13, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Screen color profile changes once a USB device is plugged.

Hi Maher,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Does this issue occur only when connecting a USB device or it happens when you connect a HDMI/VGA cable?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

In the meantime, you can try calibrating the Display Color Profiles as per your requirement and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Color Management in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it.
    2. Click on Advanced Tab.
    3. Click on Calibrate Display, and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the display.
    4. If you want to change the Default system profile, then click on
      Change system defaults, click on the profile that you want to make default and click on
      Set as default to make the profile as the default profile.

For more information on Color Management, you can refer the article
    About Color Management

You can also, try updating the Display drivers and check if that helps. Please refer the steps in the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    . Here, after opening Device Manager, Expand Display adapters, and follow the steps mentioned in the article.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Color Saturation changes while playing games

Hi Colin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Color saturation on the computer, we will look into this for you. However, in order to get to the root cause of the issue, please reply with the following details:

• Does this issue occur only while playing games?
    • Have you downloaded the games from Microsoft Store?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

You can refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Method 1: Updating drivers

I suggest you to try updating the display drivers and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the display driver and select
      Update Drivers.

4. Restart the computer if prompted.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 2: Calibrating Display color Profiles

You can try calibrating the Display Color Profiles as per your requirement and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Color Management in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it.
    2. Click on Advanced Tab.
    3. Click on Calibrate Display, and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the display.
    4. If you want to change the Default system profile, and then click on
      Change system defaults, click on the profile that you want to make default and click on
      Set as default to make the profile as the default profile.

For more information on Color Management, you can refer the article
    About Color Management

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 13, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

Fullscreen programs change my display color profile to default

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Fullscreen programs change my display color profile to default :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Fullscreen programs change my display color profile to default

1. Fullscreen programs change my display color profile to default - Similar Threads - Fullscreen programs change

2. Monitor Color profile does not display in display settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Color profile does not display in display settings: i can not get colour profiles to show within the display settings. They were doing so until recently, does anyone know why they have gone or how i can fix that?in display settings when im on sdr it used to show the color profile, without having to open color management, then...
  3. Color profile not applying to one display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color profile not applying to one display: Hello,I recently installed Windows 10 on my laptop but since that installation I noticed that my color profiles were removed probably an error on my part, so I looked and managed to install one into Color Management. It installed but only changed the display on my external...
  4. Color profile not applying to one display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color profile not applying to one display: Hello,I recently installed Windows 10 on my laptop but since that installation I noticed that my color profiles were removed probably an error on my part, so I looked and managed to install one into Color Management. It installed but only changed the display on my external...
  5. Color profile not applying to one display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Going Fullscreen in some game changed the color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going Fullscreen in some game changed the color: Everytime i play some specific games Assetto Corsa&ROBLOX, and going Fullscreen mode, It changed the color to somewhat 'blueish', when i play in windowed mode or when theres something on the screen like adjusting the volume it comes back to original color it supposed to be,...
  7. Display color management color profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display color management color profile: Windows stops using the color profile .icm set for my displays. This occurs randomly and every time I access system or display settings. The problem started several Windows updates ago and has gotten even worse with the latest updates. Configuration: AMD Ryzen 7 1700...
  8. change display color

change display color: change display color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-display-color/46fd565a-6556-4f8c-9295-3c4fc882f932
  9. display colors default

display colors default: Mt display is black and white and there are no color options. It seems that it is locked on the black and white mode and I can't change it's mind. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-colors-default/4307dc73-08ae-412b-aa05-2005fd8ff0b3
  10. change display colors

change display colors: My computer now shows a osplay of black background with yellow letters ans numbers. How do I return to the factory settings?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-display-colors/a4407abe-3c96-4c8c-b111-0fdc0611e9c9