Windows 10: Fullscreening pictures

Discus and support Fullscreening pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why do pictures no longer completely fullscreen in the Photo app? A frame remains around the edges of the screen, even when the picture is zoomed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kevin555_74, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Fullscreening pictures

Why do pictures no longer completely fullscreen in the Photo app? A frame remains around the edges of the screen, even when the picture is zoomed in on. This is very frustrating, not a good design choice if this is a new change.

:)

kevin555_74, Aug 5, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Fullscreening pictures

BSOD in fullscreen.

Hello.

So recently I have been having a problem with my laptop.

Whenever I put an application in fullscreen mode, it gives me a bluescreen.

List of applications that do this:

• Minecraft Windows 10 Edition
    • Terraria
    • Steam (Big Picture mode)
    • Dolphin (Emulator)
    • Probably a couple of others that I missed.

Not all applications do this though. Google Chrome and VMware Workstation, for instance, can run just fine in fullscreen.

I have updated my Video drivers and ran the Windows 10 Setup (from the ISO) and "reinstalled" Windows.

For anyone wondering:

Stopcode: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

What failed: ddkmd.sys

If anyone knows what causes this problem, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

theikegeraads, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Fullscreening pictures

1. Fullscreening pictures - Similar Threads - Fullscreening pictures

2. how to make windows run every apps in 60hz without fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make windows run every apps in 60hz without fullscreen: how do I make Windows run all apps in 60hz? every app that is not on true full screen feels like it is running on a lower hertz for example, whenever I play Minecraft I have to fullscreen the game to make it run at a smooth 60hz but while in windowed mode it feels like it...
  3. how to make windows run every apps in 60hz without fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to make windows run every apps in 60hz without fullscreen: how do I make Windows run all apps in 60hz? every app that is not on true full screen feels like it is running on a lower hertz for example, whenever I play Minecraft I have to fullscreen the game to make it run at a smooth 60hz but while in windowed mode it feels like it...
  4. Video games lagging on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video games lagging on fullscreen: My video games were running really smooth before. Now, the same games are running smoothly on windowed mode but as i enter into fullscreen, it starts to lag heavily Probably due to latest windows update, i don't know. Windows and graphics driver are updated already. Please...
  5. Video games lagging on fullscreen

Video games lagging on fullscreen: My video games were running really smooth before. Now, the same games are running smoothly on windowed mode but as i enter into fullscreen, it starts to lag heavily Probably due to latest windows update, i don't know. Windows and graphics driver are updated already. Please...
  6. How can I change the color of the black bars in fullscreen mode in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the color of the black bars in fullscreen mode in Windows 10?: I play a video game and I have a smaller resolution than my monitor size because I like it and it has bars around it which I am okay with but I don't like that the color of the bars is black and I don't want to stretch the game to fill the screen in order to remove the bars....
  7. How can I change the color of the black bars in fullscreen mode in Windows 10?

How can I change the color of the black bars in fullscreen mode in Windows 10?: I play a video game and I have a smaller resolution than my monitor size because I like it and it has bars around it which I am okay with but I don't like that the color of the bars is black and I don't want to stretch the game to fill the screen in order to remove the bars....
  8. How can I change the color of the black bars in fullscreen mode in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to fix File Explorer opening when exiting Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix File Explorer opening when exiting Fullscreen: Whenever I F11 any app File Explorer just opens. I already tried updating my GPU drivers from GeForce experience and using DISM and sfc. It's really annoying as I frequently press F11....
  10. Photos app antialiasing pictures in fullscreen mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos app antialiasing pictures in fullscreen mode?: So not only this app takes seconds to open a small jpg (on a SSD, mind you), it also has this extremely agressive antialiasing issue? Sample 1 - Photos app in fullscreen mode, IrfanView windowed right next to it. Notice how bad the text looks. Sample 2 - Photos and...