Windows 10: Fully charged battery but laptop only works when plugged in to the power adaptor

Discus and support Fully charged battery but laptop only works when plugged in to the power adaptor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using a Dell Precision 6100 laptop Running Windows 10 Pro The battery is fully charged The battery/power indicator light is flashing on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dr pi, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Dr pi Win User

Fully charged battery but laptop only works when plugged in to the power adaptor

I'm using a Dell Precision 6100 laptop

Running Windows 10 Pro

The battery is fully charged

The battery/power indicator light is flashing on the laptop.

If I unplug the power adaptor, the laptop instantly turns off.

All drivers are up to date.

I've shutdown & restarted, also removed battery and tried to power up.

I've run "troubleshooters" but no fault detected.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

Dr pi, Dec 26, 2018
  2. JD9999 Win User

Battery fully charged, but still charging

My laptop has a battery light which tells me when my laptop is fully charged. When it is fully charged (it is green), Windows still says "05 minutes until fully charged" and then charges for another half hour. In the past the light has been reliable, so I believe that windows 10 is the issue. My laptop has also had significant issues with charging. I can confirm this with two batteries. I have an Asus K55VD which I haven't changed the battery plugs in or anything like that. What could my problem be? Here's what I've tried:

-Disabling and re-enabling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery (no change)
    -Turning power saving off in BIOS (did a bit of help with the charging problem)
    -Fixing the fan (turns out it wasn't spinning, which caused a range of issues. Helped the battery charge issue a bit)
    -Keeping the laptop shut down (didn't help)
    -Keeping it asleep (didn't help)
    -Keeping it on with the screen off (did help it charge)

Yet I can't find a fix for the battery charging percentage and time issue. Any help would be appreciated.

JD9999, Dec 26, 2018
  3. labeeman Win User
    Battery status 100% fully charged

Nope not every laptop is designed that way Lenovo LT are not they will when plugged in will only charge when the battery is below a set percentage and then charge it to 100% then quit charging.

Fully charged battery but laptop only works when plugged in to the power adaptor [​IMG]

labeeman, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Graydrake Win User

Fully charged battery but laptop only works when plugged in to the power adaptor

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Fully charged battery but laptop only works when plugged in to the power adaptor - Similar Threads - Fully charged battery

2. Display dims on battery power, even when fully charged.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display dims on battery power, even when fully charged.: Hi All, An annoying problem here, can you please help me. My laptop display dims on battery power, even when fully charged. Every time I need to readjust the brightness. I went through the settings I could not get the setting where we set brightness for Battery and...
  3. Laptop is using battery power even when it is plugged in and fully charged.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop is using battery power even when it is plugged in and fully charged.: Hi guys, couple of months ago i bought a new gaming laptop that have a GTX1050 4gb graphic. But now a days I noticed that when i play heavy games like GTA V, Far cry 5, Resident evil 3 etc. my laptop is using battery power even I plugged in. When i do less power demanding...
  4. My laptop battery won't charge, will only work plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop battery won't charge, will only work plugged in.: Just recently, my battery won't charge my laptop. It only works when it is plugged in. I removed the battery and installed the new updates, and nothing changed. Does anybody have any advice?...
  5. Laptop battery is not charging fully

Laptop battery is not charging fully: The battery of my new laptop is charging to 93-95%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-is-not-charging-fully/16e83c54-4ebe-4670-9d06-0fa257cdb6a2
  6. battery mode wont stay fully charged with laptop plugged in

battery mode wont stay fully charged with laptop plugged in: ever since I installed the new windows 10 the battery app keeps getting used until about 35% then the plug symbol turns on for a short while then goes back to battery on mode I just wan't it to stay charged like it used to do before the laptop is allways plugged in.whats the...
  7. battery won't fully charge, plugged in but no charge, with only 60%

battery won't fully charge, plugged in but no charge, with only 60%: I am traveling and want to charge my battery to 100%. Right now it is plugged in at 60% and not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-wont-fully-charge-plugged-in-but-no-charge/3e5c54ce-a064-4998-a915-31d67b611ad4
  8. Battery Not Detected, but connected to laptop and plugged into power and not charging...

Battery Not Detected, but connected to laptop and plugged into power and not charging...: I just purchased a brand new battery as the one I had before wasn't working. When I connected the battery to the laptop it's not detecting the battery so it won't charge the battery. How do I correct this issue?...
  9. Acer laptop only powers on when plugged in an doesn't charge

Acer laptop only powers on when plugged in an doesn't charge: I purchased an acer aspire 3 a315-51-3879 just over a month ago. The charger wouldn't charge the laptop so I purchased a new charger with the same specifications which is working as it starts the laptop up however the laptop would not charge anymore. I am guessing there is a...
  10. Power mode plugged in but battery is not charging

Power mode plugged in but battery is not charging: I am using HP Pavillion Notebook with windows 10 home basic OS installed on it. It is now showing that power mode is plugged in but battery is still not charging. It is also not starting without any power source plugged in....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell battery says fully charged but turns off when unplugged flashing amber light

2. battery on surface fully charged but when i unplug power cord it turns off

3. lenovo laptop full battery but only works off adaptor