Windows 10: Fun Facts

Discus and support Fun Facts in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm trying to get my fun facts button back to my log on screen. When I go to Settings/Personalization/Lock Screen, I see the button that turns this... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Kurt Fahrenkamp, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Fun Facts

I'm trying to get my fun facts button back to my log on screen. When I go to Settings/Personalization/Lock Screen, I see the button that turns this feature on and off but I can get it to stay on. No matter what background setting I set it to, when I leave the Lock Screen page and then go back to it, the fun facts setting is always set to the off position. Any ideas on how to keep this setting turned on?

:)

Kurt Fahrenkamp, Dec 4, 2019
  2. brian_sh Win User

Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"?

My windows spotlight lock screen is covered with obnoxious "Fun Facts" that ruin otherwise beautiful images. Is there a way to turn this off? I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

I tried a method suggested in another thread (switch the lock screen to "Picture" or "Slide Show", turn off "Get Fun Facts", then switch back to Windows Spotlight). This doesn't work - even after rebooting my machine, the annoying "Fun Facts" are still covering
    the screen. Do I need to change a registry entry or something?

Also, where can we provide feedback to Microsoft on this? I'm amazed anyone thought this annoying feature was a good idea, and providing no easy way to turn it off is just crazy. There are threads on this exact topic going back several years, so clearly
    I'm not the only one annoyed by this.

brian_sh, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Louie Del Win User
    How can I remove the fun facts from the login screen?

Hi,

Fun facts and tips on your lock screen is a new feature that was initially introduced in the Windows Anniversary Update.
    Settings for this feature is available if you want to turn off these ads and tips. Here are the steps that you can follow:

• Click Start
      Fun Facts 5a2b8a4a-d6f7-460b-964d-70e61ce8e6c4.jpg

and select Settings
      Fun Facts 65cef2a4-244a-40bf-81ad-329a05123194.jpg
    • Click Personalization, then select the Lock screen option.
    • Look for the Get fun facts, tips, and more from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen setting, then turn the slide to off.

Fun Facts 1dfc82d5-7e38-45b9-ac58-58f8038ff914.jpg

Let us know if you have other concerns that we can assist you with.

Louie Del, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Fun Facts

Inappropriate 'Fun facts' on the microsoft login screen

Why are 'Fun facts' on the microsoft login screen reminding me of a source of sectarianism? This is a point which is particularly sore to those of us living in west of Scotland (and Northern Ireland) at this time of year who have to suffer marches from
    the sectarian Orange Order at this time of year. See Church at centre of Orange Order priest attack probe urges parade route changes

Surely it would be better for Microsoft to stick to non-controvertial, actually fun, facts?

MarkGDevine, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Fun Facts

1. Fun Facts - Similar Threads - Fun Facts

2. After changing my lockscreen picture, suddenly fun facts stopped working even though that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After changing my lockscreen picture, suddenly fun facts stopped working even though that...: After changing my lockscreen picture, suddenly fun facts stopped working even though that is enebled how to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-changing-my-lockscreen-picture-suddenly-fun/c9c9067a-bb46-4c22-89c0-dadefbcc67ef
  3. After changing my lockscreen picture, suddenly fun facts stopped working even though that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After changing my lockscreen picture, suddenly fun facts stopped working even though that...: After changing my lockscreen picture, suddenly fun facts stopped working even though that is enebled how to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-changing-my-lockscreen-picture-suddenly-fun/c9c9067a-bb46-4c22-89c0-dadefbcc67ef
  4. win 10 login screen get fun facts, etc is already off, but it still displays stuff. What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 login screen get fun facts, etc is already off, but it still displays stuff. What...: win 10 login screen get fun facts, etc is already off, but it still displays stuff. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-login-screen-get-fun-facts-etc-is-already/a1c8ca3a-e7f4-47b9-9831-53f5e73f38d7
  5. win 10 login screen get fun facts, etc is already off, but it still displays stuff. What...

win 10 login screen get fun facts, etc is already off, but it still displays stuff. What...: win 10 login screen get fun facts, etc is already off, but it still displays stuff. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-login-screen-get-fun-facts-etc-is-already/a1c8ca3a-e7f4-47b9-9831-53f5e73f38d7
  6. win 10 login screen get fun facts, etc is already off, but it still displays stuff. What...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I cannot select disable or unable the “get fun facts, tips, tricks on your Lock Screen” on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot select disable or unable the “get fun facts, tips, tricks on your Lock Screen” on...: I have changed the background to picture but still the “get the fun facts,tips, tricks” can’t be selected for me to turn off or on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-select-disable-or-unable-the-get-fun/26597470-0a3b-4a83-aa3d-f1272027668f
  8. I cannot select disable or unable the “get fun facts, tips, tricks on your Lock Screen” on...

I cannot select disable or unable the “get fun facts, tips, tricks on your Lock Screen” on...: I have changed the background to picture but still the “get the fun facts,tips, tricks” can’t be selected for me to turn off or on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-select-disable-or-unable-the-get-fun/26597470-0a3b-4a83-aa3d-f1272027668f
  9. Disable spam/fun facts/today in search function Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable spam/fun facts/today in search function Windows 10: Hi everyone,Does anyone know to to remove the "today" section from the search function in Windows 10?When I search for something op my PC, I see some spam from Windows, this week about the Rietvlei Nature Reserve. Clicking it opens Bing in Microsoft Edge. I do not want to see...
  10. Disable spam/fun facts/today in search function Windows 10

Disable spam/fun facts/today in search function Windows 10: Hi everyone,Does anyone know to to remove the "today" section from the search function in Windows 10?When I search for something op my PC, I see some spam from Windows, this week about the Rietvlei Nature Reserve. Clicking it opens Bing in Microsoft Edge. I do not want to see...