Windows 10: Function Discovery Resource Publication Service error

Discus and support Function Discovery Resource Publication Service error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, When i wanted to enable "network detection" on my W10x64 Pro, i discovered that this was denied. I could try, but when i closed the screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by silent-move, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Function Discovery Resource Publication Service error

Hello,

When i wanted to enable "network detection" on my W10x64 Pro, i discovered that this was denied. I could try, but when i closed the screen and opened it, the setting was disabled again.

After some searching around on my system i discovered that the cause of this is the above mentioned Function Discovery Resource Publication Service.

When try to start this service is get prompted with the error 0x8007273a .

Since this service is related to several services i checked each of these first:

- Function Discovery Provider Host

- SSDP Discovery

- UPnP Device Host

- TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service

- DNS Client

But all of these are working like they should, no problems there.

Next i used elevated commandline for: net start fdrespub

This gave System error 10042, again related to Function Discovery Resource Publication Service

After this i tried(again from elevated commandline): netsh winsock reset , and restarted but the issue was still there.

As last resort i booted my sytem in Safe Mode and tried: netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

This had little succes...it worked but when i restart my sytem the issue is back again.

I could try to create another profile, but i've searched around and my guess is that this will not help either.
    There is something deep inside which causes this, maybe it's an issue from recent updates?

I would appreciate it if an expert who reads this can give me a hint how to solve this, because for now it seems i'm out of options.

:)

silent-move, Mar 27, 2019

2. Function Discovery Resource .Publication

Hi Joshua,
    I became aware of the problem several weeks ago when I could not find another computer on the local network. It had been working okay before. There have been no significant changes that I know of.
    I found an article that said I should check if the following services are enabled and running: DNS Client, Function Discovery Resource Publication, SSDP Discovery and UPnP Device Host. All were running except for Function Discovery Resource Publication.
    It was enabled (Automatic (Delayed Start)) but each time I tried to start it, I got the error message:

Windows could not start the Function Discovery Resource Publication service on Local Computer.
    Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error

I suspected this was the cause of not finding the computer on the network, but didn't know how to fix it. Yesterday I tried another tactic by going to Settings / Network and Internet / Status / Network Troubleshooter. It seemed to find a problem and correct
    it, and then I was able to find the computer on the network by refreshing Windows Explorer. However Function Discovery Resource Publication was still not working. Today when I checked I found I could not find the computer again.
    Regards,
    Larry

LarryWilke, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Function Discovery Resource .Publication

Hi Joshua,
    I became aware of the problem several weeks ago when I could not find another computer on the local network. It had been working okay before. There have been no significant changes that I know of.
    I found an article that said I should check if the following services are enabled and running: DNS Client, Function Discovery Resource Publication, SSDP Discovery and UPnP Device Host. All were running except for Function Discovery Resource Publication.
    It was enabled (Automatic (Delayed Start)) but each time I tried to start it, I got the error message:

Windows could not start the Function Discovery Resource Publication service on Local Computer.

I suspected this was the cause of not finding the computer on the network, but didn't know how to fix it. Yesterday I tried another tactic by going to Settings / Network and Internet / Status / Network Troubleshooter. It seemed to find a problem and correct
    it, and then I was able to find the computer on the network by refreshing Windows Explorer. However Function Discovery Resource Publication was still not working. Today when I checked I found I could not find the computer again.
    Regards,
    Larry

LarryWilke, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Function Discovery Resource Publication Service error

Function Discovery Resource .Publication

Hi Joshua,

Regards,
    Larry

LarryWilke, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Function Discovery Resource Publication Service error

1. Function Discovery Resource Publication Service error - Similar Threads - Function Discovery Resource

2. a fix for Function Discovery Resource Publication. FDResPub service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a fix for Function Discovery Resource Publication. FDResPub service: Like millions of people, I've had troubles filesharing between PCs.Peer computers just don't show up in File Explorer Network.Even the PC you're presently sitting at doesn't show up. How can that be.From tons of online advice and folklore, I learned the trick is to restart...
  3. a fix for Function Discovery Resource Publication. FDResPub service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a fix for Function Discovery Resource Publication. FDResPub service: Like millions of people, I've had troubles filesharing between PCs.Peer computers just don't show up in File Explorer Network.Even the PC you're presently sitting at doesn't show up. How can that be.From tons of online advice and folklore, I learned the trick is to restart...
  4. a fix for Function Discovery Resource Publication. FDResPub service

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Problem with Function Discovery Resource Publication service

Problem with Function Discovery Resource Publication service: I have to stop and restart manually the Function Discovery Resource Publication service to get my computers to show up in File Explorer. I have Startup Type set to Automatic but it is showing as Automatic Trigger Start. Function Discovery Provider Host, SSDP Discovery, and...
  6. network visibility / Function Discovery Resource Publication service

network visibility / Function Discovery Resource Publication service: I have a laptop and a desktop both running Windows 10 Pro (Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.720)) and both sharing folders on my home network. The laptop is normally plugged in to AC power and is set to automatically turn off the screen after 30 minutes but never go to sleep. If...
  7. Win10 Function Discovery Resources Publication

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Function Discovery Resources Publication: Following the download and installation of the latest Windows updates KB4522355 KB2267602 KB890830, The above function fails to start. In Services it has been set to Start Automatically (both delayed and immediate). However on next boot up the function fails to start....
  8. How can I start function resource discovery publication in Windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I start function resource discovery publication in Windows?: Hello, I have two Windows 10 in VM. in VM#1 I can Start FRDP but in VM#2 I cannot. How can I resolve this problem? VM #1 [ATTACH] VM #2 [ATTACH]...
  9. Function Discovery Resource Publication Service not working

Function Discovery Resource Publication Service not working: Hello, I have a problem with the above mentioned service, therefore i can`t see other devices in the network and also can`t enable filesharing. The only way i can make it work is to start in safe-mode and use the "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" command and restart. Then...
  10. "Function Discovery Resource Publication service" keeps stopping.

"Function Discovery Resource Publication service" keeps stopping.: This started with 1803. This service is set to run automatically. It stops running 2-3 times a month and must be restarted manually. When it stops running the PC is no longer visible on the local network. Does anyone know why it stops or how to keep it from stopping?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows could not start the function discovery resource