Windows 10: function/esc keys aren't functioning correctly.

Discus and support function/esc keys aren't functioning correctly. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi! so recently i started using a blueetooth keyboard, but whenever i press the esc button on the keyboard, it opens a new chrome tab, no matter if i'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tanzil Kabir, Jul 6, 2021.

1. function/esc keys aren't functioning correctly.

hi! so recently i started using a blueetooth keyboard, but whenever i press the esc button on the keyboard, it opens a new chrome tab, no matter if i'm gaming or doing anything else. i tried turning off action keys through system bios, but that didn't seem to work, the function keys on the bluetooth keyboard rather work different than the laptop one. i think there's something wrong with key bindings? but i'm not sure how to fix it, so any kind of help would be appreciated ^^keyboard: Havit HV-KV210BT

:)

Tanzil Kabir, Jul 6, 2021
  2. rajib8878 Win User

ESC and Function keys not working in ASUS laptop

Hi everybody, suddenly few buttons (ESC and Function keys not working in ASUS laptop) of my ASUS laptop have stopped functioning. Any clue what went wrong?

rajib8878, Jul 6, 2021
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jul 6, 2021
  4. diego Win User

function/esc keys aren't functioning correctly.

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

function/esc keys aren't functioning correctly. [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

function/esc keys aren't functioning correctly.

1. function/esc keys aren't functioning correctly. - Similar Threads - function esc keys

2. Esc and Function keys not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Esc and Function keys not working.: My function keys and my escape key are not working and I have tried many different things to try and fix it. When I hit the esc and function keys they light up red but the rest of my keys do not. So I was wondering how I would go about fixing that so that the keys would work....
  3. Esc and Function keys not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Esc and Function keys not working.: My function keys and my escape key are not working and I have tried many different things to try and fix it. When I hit the esc and function keys they light up red but the rest of my keys do not. So I was wondering how I would go about fixing that so that the keys would work....
  4. Esc and Function keys not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Esc function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Esc function: During the last three days on several occasions when I have my screen expanded and I have a video running I will try to go back to a regular size screen however the only way for me to accomplish this task is for me to put it on pause and then the function will work.Kenneth...
  6. Esc function

Esc function: During the last three days on several occasions when I have my screen expanded and I have a video running I will try to go back to a regular size screen however the only way for me to accomplish this task is for me to put it on pause and then the function will work.Kenneth...
  7. Function keys aren't working in fullscreen games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys aren't working in fullscreen games.: Hi!Lately, I've occured a problem, when I try to Alt+Tab out of some fullscreen games. What happens is, when I press Alt+Tab, I'm still in the game, RGB lights on my keyboard turn off, some sound plays and I need to quickly Alt+Tab again, to switch the tabs, otherwise the...
  8. Function keys aren't working in fullscreen games.

Function keys aren't working in fullscreen games.: Hi!Lately, I've occured a problem, when I try to Alt+Tab out of some fullscreen games. What happens is, when I press Alt+Tab, I'm still in the game, RGB lights on my keyboard turn off, some sound plays and I need to quickly Alt+Tab again, to switch the tabs, otherwise the...
  9. Keyboard function and ESC keys are not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard function and ESC keys are not working on Windows 10: Good Day, I am using Windows 10 Version: 1909 and OS build: 18363.900. All of sudden my keyboard keys like Esc, Num Lock, F23, F5, F6, F7, F9, F10 and F11. I don't know the cause behind this issue. The keyboard was checked by technician as there is no mechanical fault. I...
  10. My Function Keys Aren't Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Function Keys Aren't Working: So recently I noticed that a bunch of my drivers were out of date so I went and got a program that scanned and updated my drivers for me, called Driver Booster 6, but shortly after doing so my function keys stopped working. On my laptop there is a function key to turn your...