Windows 10: Function key lock

Discus and support Function key lock in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I've tried the holding fn and shift or fn and caps but nothing happens. I'm playing game and I need the function keys so I dont have to keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JPAT MANPATRICK, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Function key lock

So I've tried the holding fn and shift or fn and caps but nothing happens. I'm playing game and I need the function keys so I dont have to keep pressing FN then f1-f12. My keyboard has no fn lock button.

:)

JPAT MANPATRICK, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Rotation lock key is not functioning

Since the Rotation lock is still grayed out, our next step is to uninstall/Update your display driver. To uninstall your your drivers, you can do the following:

• Press the Windows and X key on your keyboard and click on
      Device Manager
    • On the Device Manager window, click on the Display adapter drop-down.
    • Right-click the driver and choose uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.

If it is the same, update the said driver by following these steps:

• Go Back to the Display adapter drop down in Device Manager.
    • Locate your display adapter driver, right-click and choose
      Update Driver Software

We would also suggest that you go to your device manufacturer's website and download the latest driver for your device.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Jay Jap, Apr 9, 2020
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Function key lock

Function Keys Not Working

Hello Celery,

Thank you for posting your query.

We certainly want this taken care of. To further assist you with your query, provide us the information below so we can provide an accurate steps to resolve this.

• Since when the issue started?
    • Where there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • Are you using a Microsoft keyboard?

Meanwhile, laptops have a key that determines whether the top row of keys act as function keys or the normal top row of a
    QWERTY keyboard. Check the "F Lock" button to the right of the
    F12 button, make sure that hasn't been toggled.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Haidae Tam, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Function key lock

1. Function key lock - Similar Threads - Function key lock

2. Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys F-keys acting as multimedia keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys F-keys acting as multimedia keys: Hi there,So I seem to have this problem with my external keyboard.The 'Fn lock' is enabled on my laptop, but still the F-keys on my external keyboard act as if it were off act as multimedia keys. When I turn off 'Fn lock' on my laptop, the F-keys on my external keyboard still...
  3. Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys F-keys acting as multimedia keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys F-keys acting as multimedia keys: Hi there,So I seem to have this problem with my external keyboard.The 'Fn lock' is enabled on my laptop, but still the F-keys on my external keyboard act as if it were off act as multimedia keys. When I turn off 'Fn lock' on my laptop, the F-keys on my external keyboard still...
  4. Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys: Hi there,So I seem to have this problem with my external keyboard.The 'Fn lock' is enabled on my laptop, but still the F-keys on my external keyboard act as if it were off act as multimedia keys. When I turn off 'Fn lock' on my laptop, the F-keys on my external keyboard still...
  5. Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys: Hi there,So I seem to have this problem with my external keyboard.The 'Fn lock' is enabled on my laptop, but still the F-keys on my external keyboard act as if it were off act as multimedia keys. When I turn off 'Fn lock' on my laptop, the F-keys on my external keyboard still...
  6. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function Keys: Hi, how do I make a certain Fn key disabled and reprogram it for another use? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/7966f3a3-0163-4e51-83b7-203ac4f42301
  7. Function Lock Key is Acting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Function Lock Key is Acting up: So I just got an Asus Zenbook 14 Pine Grey a few days ago and it's been working just fine, running really well and a huge upgrade from my last laptop. However, I got minecraft and was playing it and messing around with a few of the function keys to see what did what thing in...
  8. Function lock

Function lock: Just purchased new Samsung Galaxy Flex Alpha. In order to use the function keys at the top I have to press the FN button and then whatever function I want like volume or screen brightness. However there is a FN lock when on I can press these buttons with out having to press...
  9. How do I lock the function keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I lock the function keys?: Hi all, I just had a quick question. Some games I play require the press of F1-12 keys, although I always have to hold down the Fn key to make them work. Is there any way to lock the F1-12 keys so I don't have to press that Fn button? I commonly see people refer to Fn+Esc,...
  10. Function Keys

Function Keys: I accidently pressed a function key with another key (don't know which for sure) and now ALL my text (letters) are in miniature. Since I don't which keys caused this, I don't know which ones will reverse the situation....