Windows 10: Function keys are inverted on HP Envy 17 j177nr

Discus and support Function keys are inverted on HP Envy 17 j177nr in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having an issue with my HP Envy 17 j177nr laptop where when I try to use F1 - F12, it only toggles the action rather than the F key itself. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ornithophilia, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Function keys are inverted on HP Envy 17 j177nr

I am having an issue with my HP Envy 17 j177nr laptop where when I try to use F1 - F12, it only toggles the action rather than the F key itself. For example, F3 adjusts the brightness rather than doing the intended thing that F3 is supposed to trigger.

In order for me to use F3, I have to do Fn+F3. This is a major problem because when I am playing games that save your game with F3. Sometimes I need to be super quick in order to save before I die or something so if I mess up, I can go back. The added seconds taken to hit both have really hurt me in some cases. It is REALLY a problem in rhythm based games where I need to hit an F key on queue.

I Googled the issue but only Dell results came up. This is an HP! When I added HP to the search, all that came up is that you cannot invert them, you have to hold Fn to adjust brightness or something. But nothing could be further from the truth!! Mine ARE inverted and I need to change them back because it is annoying as hell.

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

:)

Ornithophilia, Jul 20, 2020

2. Inverting Function Keys

Hi Daeri,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you able to use function keys using on screen keyboard?

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to try using on screen keyboard and check if you are able to use the functionality of function key.

To open on screen keyboard, type on screen keyboard in the
    search box on the taskbar and select on screen keyboard.

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Function keys are inverted on HP Envy 17 j177nr

Advise for HP envy 17 30 3090NR

I've just bought HP envy 17 30 3090NR.

suggest me best app for this laptop..

1. best codec

2. best movie player for 3d as well as 2d pictures

3. best antivirus (norton is installed by default rightnow - shd i keep it or uninstall and buy new one)

4. any other suggestions.. ms office 2007/10/other??

5. shd i keep power plugged in always or use only on battery? when i'm using laptop, if i keep plugged in all the time, will it harm/overcharging? i just wanna ask how to maintain battery life..

6. shd i keep windows update on and update regularly?

7. any accesory i must buy? like cover or any other thing?

plz answer above questions..

thx..

freebird_9924, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Function keys are inverted on HP Envy 17 j177nr

1. Function keys are inverted on HP Envy 17 j177nr - Similar Threads - Function keys are

2. New HP Envy 17 Display Has Yellow Tint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New HP Envy 17 Display Has Yellow Tint: My new laptop has a yellow tint. I've tried adjusting every possible display option, but nothing changes. The night light isn't on so I know that's not the issue....
  3. New HP Envy 17 Display Has Yellow Tint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New HP Envy 17 Display Has Yellow Tint: My new laptop has a yellow tint. I've tried adjusting every possible display option, but nothing changes. The night light isn't on so I know that's not the issue....
  4. No power at all, on hp envy 17 touch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No power at all, on hp envy 17 touch: I have an hp envy 17" touch, bought in 2017. I also have a much older beat up hp laptop, that I needed files from. I turned it on. It fired right up, but wouldn't respond to anythingtouchpad, keys, etc., no matter how long I waited, or several restarts. I needed the files,...
  5. Stereo Mix on new HP ENVY 17 -- is there any possible way to do this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo Mix on new HP ENVY 17 -- is there any possible way to do this?: Hi everyone. I have a new HP ENVY 17 computer, purchased late September. Stereo Mix is simply missing. I have tried all of the usual fixes: 1) Update all drivers 2) Get latest drivers from HP site 3) Show disconnected / disabled devices n Sound Control Panel 4) Install...
  6. HP ENVY

HP ENVY: Camera app is not working error message not attached, ive never had a problem with it until today cannot find under device manager! Also my voice recorder app is not working, I can hear music just fine but when I try to record my voice nothing is going through. I have tried...
  7. HP envy 17 cd/dvd burner problem

HP envy 17 cd/dvd burner problem: I have Windows 10 home on my laptop and my cd/dvd burner cant update or work and HP are not helpful and I have unistlled it and reinstalled it with the same problem every time [ATTACH]...
  8. No audio with SiriusXM from my HP Envy 17"-Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No audio with SiriusXM from my HP Envy 17"-Windows 10: With either the SiriusXM app or via my Firefox browser, SiriusXM just doesn't work, doesn't play anything. No audio. The Amazon Music app works fine. With my Galaxy S8 cell phone, the SiriusXM app works just fine....
  9. HP ENVY 17-k000 sleep issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP ENVY 17-k000 sleep issues: I recently re-installed this laptop with a fresh copy of Windows 10, and ever since, it is having sleep issues. (It worked fine prior) Right after boot up, it will go to sleep fine (power light starts flashing on/off, and I can wake with keyboard and trackpad) However after...
  10. Windows 10 Updates failing on HP ENVY-17

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates failing on HP ENVY-17: Hi, ALL attempts to install up-to-date windows 10 on a Laptop HP ENVY-17 have failed! The original windows have been working till Version 1709 Build 16299.611. From then each time the updates were applied automatically after download it failed to restart properly and...