Windows 10: Function keys do not work

Discus and support Function keys do not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason after a recent windows update the fn key has stopped working with various keys. To explain, fn + f10-12 can still adjust my audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pierce Thompson, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Function keys do not work

For some reason after a recent windows update the fn key has stopped working with various keys. To explain, fn + f10-12 can still adjust my audio without problems. Fn + f8 still works as well, which opens up wireless display options. For some reason, all other functions do not work. Fn + f2 does not put the computer in airplane mode, fn + f9 does not enable/disable my track pad, and fn + f3-f6 does not change my keyboard brightness or display brightness, though I can still change my display brightness in settings. I've messed around with display adapters in device manager to try and make the brightness function keys work, but even switching to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter does not do anything, along with rolling back my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 display adapter, and various restarts. I've continued to keep my computer up to date to see if another update would come out to fix these problems, but they have persisted for roughly 3 weeks now, and I have not seen anyone else experiencing these problems.

I'm on an ASUS FX502 Series

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

:)

Pierce Thompson, Mar 30, 2019

2. 1215N function keys not working?

Doesn't list it for the 1215N *Frown Function keys do not work :(

Funny part all the keys work out of the box with Linux Mint, go figure.

Tried the one on softpedia, doesn't seem to work.

Any other model that I can take it from?

speedy11131, Mar 30, 2019
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Function keys do not work

Functions keys work as intended

Hi dangnad2.

Found this. Would suggest Lock mode Enabled/Secondary needs to be enable or checked.

Function keys do not work [​IMG]

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Function keys do not work

1. Function keys do not work - Similar Threads - Function keys

2. How can I switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions.: Hi there. I want to switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions. Screen orientation is Right Alt key plus Arrows and to go back or forward is Left Alt key plus arrows. I want my Right Alt key to help me navigate the pages and Left Alt key for screen orientation. How...
  3. How can I switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions.: Hi there. I want to switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions. Screen orientation is Right Alt key plus Arrows and to go back or forward is Left Alt key plus arrows. I want my Right Alt key to help me navigate the pages and Left Alt key for screen orientation. How...
  4. I can't make the functions keys work with AutoCAD. There doesn't seem to be a way to get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't make the functions keys work with AutoCAD. There doesn't seem to be a way to get...: I can't make the functions keys work with AutoCAD. There doesn't seem to be a way to get them to recognize the AutoCAD functions such as ortho or snap. I'v spent all day trying to hit the fn and escape keys at the same time and it never changes the result. Some solutions are...
  5. I can't make the functions keys work with AutoCAD. There doesn't seem to be a way to get...

I can't make the functions keys work with AutoCAD. There doesn't seem to be a way to get...: I can't make the functions keys work with AutoCAD. There doesn't seem to be a way to get them to recognize the AutoCAD functions such as ortho or snap. I'v spent all day trying to hit the fn and escape keys at the same time and it never changes the result. Some solutions are...
  6. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function Keys: I'm having problems with keyboard function keys not working. I get round this by uninstalling keyboard in device manager and restarting computer. This works but it doesn't take long before the function keys stop working again and I have to repeat the process mentioned before....
  7. Function Keys

Function Keys: I'm having problems with keyboard function keys not working. I get round this by uninstalling keyboard in device manager and restarting computer. This works but it doesn't take long before the function keys stop working again and I have to repeat the process mentioned before....
  8. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Why have my function keys changed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why have my function keys changed?: Recently I've been having problems with my Fn keys with my keyboard I'm using a PC with windows 10.Both today and yesterday my Fn keys have changed to what I believe to be the keyboard manufacturers settings rather than the default windows settings, i.e. F11 no longer goes...
  10. Left shift and ctrl keys, and click and drag function working intermittently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left shift and ctrl keys, and click and drag function working intermittently.: My left shift key and left ctrl keys only work for a fraction of a second.If I hold down the left shift key to capitalise a word, I barely get the first letter to capitalise I need to be quick and subsequent letters have no chance.The same goes for the left ctrl key. I need...