Windows 10: function keys f6, f7 and f8 suddenly turned off

Discus and support function keys f6, f7 and f8 suddenly turned off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; the three sound keys on laptop suddenly stopped working - no sound from the computer. Happened when I ran a movie on You Tube.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RonaldCheney1, Oct 11, 2018 at 5:42 PM.

1. RonaldCheney1 Win User

function keys f6, f7 and f8 suddenly turned off

the three sound keys on laptop suddenly stopped working - no sound from the computer.

Happened when I ran a movie on You Tube.

:)

RonaldCheney1, Oct 11, 2018 at 5:42 PM
  2. dolphin Win User

f6, f7 and f8 sound control keys are not working on Windows 10 after latest update.

f6, f7 and f8 sound control keys were working fine until the last update

3. JordanVillarreal Win User
    f6, f7 and f8 sound control keys are not working on Windows 10.

Original Title: Sound Button Problems

The Buttons f6, f7, f8 are all volume controls and recently they have stopped working.

JordanVillarreal, Oct 11, 2018 at 5:46 PM
  4. Darian Tab Win User

F6 F7 F8 not working when Device Manager window not focused function keys f6, f7 and f8 suddenly turned off o_O

Hi,

Let's use Likhitha V's answer from this
    keys not working.

Update us with the results.

Regards.

Thema:

1. function keys f6, f7 and f8 suddenly turned off - Similar Threads - function keys suddenly

2. short cut key strokes turned on - need to turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    short cut key strokes turned on - need to turn off: I have some how turned on some shortcut key strokes and don't know how to turn them off. 1) Frequently when I press the back arrow - instead of the cursor moving backwards, my screen will go back wards - mainly when I'm in my google email program but it has happened other...
  3. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Function Keys: I just bought a brand new Asus computer and the function keys only work by pressing function. So to turn up the volume I need to press Fn then F12. I saw that some people said you can lock it with Esc Fn but that doesn't work. I tried updating my keyboard drivers that...
  4. Function Discovery Provider Host keeps turning OFF?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Function Discovery Provider Host keeps turning OFF?: Hello, I run Win 10 Version 1803 build 17134. 165. The Service Function Discovery Provider Host keeps turning itself off and when that happens, sharing functionality is broken. I had it set to Automatic, and started it but it kept turning off. I also tried setting it...
  5. Unable to turn on wireless Wi-Fi with "function F8" after Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to turn on wireless Wi-Fi with "function F8" after Windows 10: I just installed Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite laptop, model L755-5170. Prior to installation I performed a DoD type file shredder and NTFS format. The install worked perfectly. When I attempted to go on line to get updates and discovered that the "fn-F8" keyboard...
  6. Win10 Desktop - F6 turns my Wifi off, - how to I reassign this key ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Desktop - F6 turns my Wifi off, - how to I reassign this key ?: I want the F6 key to do something else, but it is being (at some stage) assigned to "turn off wifi". I don't know what program or task is setting F6 to do this. I have a desktop win10 latest update. How do I find out what program is assinging this ? I checked my startup...
  7. The function keys

in Windows 10 Support
    The function keys: I have an HP 15ayoo9dx lap top. The Function keys (or action keys as they call them) can be enabled or disabled by going in the BIOS. I’m trying to decide if I want to disable or enable. What is the difference? Thank you. 71327
  8. Win10 needs F8 functionality

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 needs F8 functionality: Win10 needs F8 functionality at boot time. I have a system that updated, and now just crasheses and restarts. OCCASIONALLY it will boot to the repair menu, but there is no way to call it at boot. VERY frustrating! *Sad 22104
  9. Sticky keys won't turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Sticky keys won't turn off: Have searched forum ... lots of answers but none work. Have physiccal problems and fingers don't always do what I 'tell' them too (like releaase a key immediately -see what I mean) 52414
  10. Function keys performing the wrong function

in Windows 10 Support
    Function keys performing the wrong function: So my computer works fine, but for some reason the function keys were switched up. When I'm on the desktop, they don't do anything at all, and when I'm in Google Chrome they do things that aren't related to what they're supposed to do. F1 used to mute/unmute, now it opens...