Windows 10: Function Keys Got Remapped

Discus and support Function Keys Got Remapped in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I find which application remapped my function keys or default the function keys back to their defaults?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by peetyboy, May 16, 2022.

1. peetyboy Win User

Function Keys Got Remapped

How can I find which application remapped my function keys or default the function keys back to their defaults?

:)

peetyboy, May 16, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

Any suggestion how to remap keyboard [Enter] > [Shift-Enter]?

I've used SharpKeys successfully to remap keys.
    - I remapped Delete key to the Insert key when the former was defective
    - On another computer, I remapped t to ` [again because a key was not working correctly]
    You would remap Shift-Enter to Enter

Function Keys Got Remapped [​IMG]

You can select keys from the list or, as illustrated here, you can select Type key and press the key / key combination you want.

But you do realise that you'll lose the ability to press Enter?
    - You don't say why you want to do this so I can only guess that the 'normal' Enter function would sometimes be needed.
    - You could also remap Enter to Shift-Enter so you would still have the function available for use.

Best of luck,
    Denis

3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 16, 2022
  4. Function Keys Got Remapped

E71: how to remap keyboard keys

Maybe something like Magic Key?
    http://bit.ly/grQHq

My experience with Magic Key has been pretty good, on my E71, although I'm not remapping a whole lot of keys. I remap a few keys, so they function differently, depending on which application is active.

messinger---01, May 16, 2022
Thema:

Function Keys Got Remapped

1. Function Keys Got Remapped - Similar Threads - Function Keys Got

2. Function Keys Got Remapped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function Keys Got Remapped: How can I find which application remapped my function keys or default the function keys back to their defaults? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys-got-remapped/fd80c909-7f9f-48e9-9301-09040cb7390d
  3. Remap a key to be "functionless"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remap a key to be "functionless": I'd like to remap my function keys (F1-F12, not fn) to be "functionless". What I mean by that is, I'd like them to be buttons that other apps will pick up, but that don't perform any action in Windows by default. Ideally I could then map them to anything I'd like in...
  4. Remap Function Keys to Specific Tasks

Remap Function Keys to Specific Tasks: I want to assign function keys to tasks like mute microphone, receive calls on MS Teams, etc. Is there a way for me to do this? Maybe an external tool to achieve this? submitted by /u/im_alright_ma [link] [comments]...
  5. My keys got remapped

My keys got remapped: Hi, this problem happened yesterday and I haven't been able to solve it. I tried to "at" someone on a forum yesterday and my alt gr+q didn't work, someone told me that I should use the on-screen keyboard, so I did and noticed that the alt gr key was mapped to the left alt...
  6. Remapping keyboard keys

Remapping keyboard keys: Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not (please let me know if there's a better sub), but I 'm trying to remap one of the keys on my keyboard since it doesn't seem to be working properly. Basically, I found a keyboard that someone had tossed out and I...
  7. Function keys remap?

Function keys remap?: For example, my F1 button brings up a window with how to get PC help, is it possible to remove that? submitted by /u/Bill_Cipher42 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1ssm6/function_keys_remap/
  8. Accidentally remapped keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally remapped keys: A few hours ago, I somehow managed to accidentally remap a few of my keys. For example, my escape key has been remapped to "1". I have no idea how I managed to do this, it occurred when I was randomly typing on my keyboard....
  9. Remapping keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remapping keyboard keys: I am using a virtual desktop software (Team viewer) to control my pc from my mac. i would like to know whether it is possible to remap keyboard keys on the windows side, specifically the apple CMD key to the windows control key. thanks....
  10. Remapping & Disabling keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remapping & Disabling keys: Hi! I am new to Windows (been a Mac for ever). I am afraid of messing up my system. I really need to disable the Home button. It is next to my backspace button and I keep hitting it. needless to say, AARRGGHH.*Confused I see that there are apps that claim to remap the keys....