Windows 10: Function keys keep reverting to media keys!

Discus and support Function keys keep reverting to media keys! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop running windows 10 keeps reverting somehow to F1-F12 keys using their media functions. I know how to change them back with BIOS on reboot but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RainbowChard, May 12, 2021.

1. Function keys keep reverting to media keys!

My laptop running windows 10 keeps reverting somehow to F1-F12 keys using their media functions. I know how to change them back with BIOS on reboot but it's causing real problems mainly because F2 is a common hotkey in my work software and it's media function is to toggle aeroplane mode. I keep on disconnecting my VPN unexpectedly!I really need to find out either:a why the function keys keep on switching back to media keysorb is there a way to lock them to F1-F12 keys...to stop this problem happening.Can't seem to find a solution and any help much appreciated!

:)

RainbowChard, May 12, 2021

2. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 12, 2021
  3. BumbleBee Win User
    Turning Regular Keys Into Media Keys?

both SharpKeys and AutoHotKeys will allow you to create media keys and macros.

BumbleBee, May 12, 2021
  4. Function keys keep reverting to media keys!

1215N function keys not working?

Doesn't list it for the 1215N *Frown Function keys keep reverting to media keys! :(

Funny part all the keys work out of the box with Linux Mint, go figure.

Tried the one on softpedia, doesn't seem to work.

Any other model that I can take it from?

speedy11131, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Function keys keep reverting to media keys!

1. Function keys keep reverting to media keys! - Similar Threads - Function keys keep

2. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function Keys: I'm having problems with keyboard function keys not working. I get round this by uninstalling keyboard in device manager and restarting computer. This works but it doesn't take long before the function keys stop working again and I have to repeat the process mentioned before....
  3. permanate switch function keys with media keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    permanate switch function keys with media keys: is there a way to make the function keys automaticly do the media function? i want to remove the need to press the fn key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanate-switch-function-keys-with-media-keys/55a044d4-f48a-43a5-93f2-2cc8c171ce92
  4. permanate switch function keys with media keys

permanate switch function keys with media keys: is there a way to make the function keys automaticly do the media function? i want to remove the need to press the fn key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanate-switch-function-keys-with-media-keys/55a044d4-f48a-43a5-93f2-2cc8c171ce92
  5. Function Keys

Function Keys: Hi, how do I make a certain Fn key disabled and reprogram it for another use? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/7966f3a3-0163-4e51-83b7-203ac4f42301
  6. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function Keys: Hi, how do I make a certain Fn key disabled and reprogram it for another use? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/7966f3a3-0163-4e51-83b7-203ac4f42301
  7. I lost my media function keys.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I lost my media function keys.: one day I installed ModernFlyouts it works fine then the media function keys (Media Track Previous, Media Track Next, Media Play / Pause, Media Stop) all stopped working I don't know why. I uninstall ModernFlyouts to check if it's going to work again or not, and it did not...
  8. CCleaner keeps reverting registry keys

CCleaner keeps reverting registry keys: So, I created a reg file to remove all CCleaner bloatware automatically after installing it, but from time to time, I notice that CCleaner automatically reverts to the default settings. How is that possible that a software can change registry keys on its own while being...
  9. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function Keys: I accidently pressed a function key with another key (don't know which for sure) and now ALL my text (letters) are in miniature. Since I don't which keys caused this, I don't know which ones will reverse the situation....
  10. The function keys

in Windows 10 Support
    The function keys: I have an HP 15ayoo9dx lap top. The Function keys (or action keys as they call them) can be enabled or disabled by going in the BIOS. I’m trying to decide if I want to disable or enable. What is the difference? Thank you. 71327