Windows 10: Function keys only work when shift is pressed at the same time

Discus and support Function keys only work when shift is pressed at the same time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop can only use the function keys if i press shift at the same time, they just preform their secondary task (raising/lowering sound, etc)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/QDude24, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Function keys only work when shift is pressed at the same time

Hi, my laptop can only use the function keys if i press shift at the same time, they just preform their secondary task (raising/lowering sound, etc) when pressed without shift. This is very annoying though, is there a way to make the keys work without shift?

submitted by /u/QDude24
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/QDude24, Feb 7, 2020

2. Shift Key and Number key cannot be pressed at the same time.

Hello,

There are several factors why you are unable to use the shortcut keys function such as keyboard settings, or if there is an issue with the keyboard itself. To help you resolve this, kindly try the following suggestions:

• You might have selected an input language other than English. To work around with this, go to
      Control Panel > Region and Language and check. You can also check if your keyboard has a language selection available that may need to be changed.
    • We suggest as well that you reset the keyboard layout by reinstalling the language and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows+R keys and type intl.cpl. Hit Enter.
    • Go to Administrative tab and click on
      Change system locale
      button.
    • Select the correct language and country from the drop-down box.
    • Navigate to the location tab and check if region settings are appropriate.
    • Apply the changes and Windows will require a reboot.

Inform us for any updates regarding the issue so we can assist you further.

Regene Jos, Feb 7, 2020
  3. LTUGamer Win User
    Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Function keys only work when shift is pressed at the same time

Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working

I have just purchased a new HP Envy Laptop model 15-A E05SA. and have upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1.
    However, for some reason the Control + Shift key plus other key combination functions do not seem work.
    For example Ctrl+Shift+f9 should remove all hyperlinks from selected document text also Ctrl+Shift+ should magnify page, etc but do not work.
    The Ctrl key, Shift key and function keys work normally individually but not in a combination.
    I would welcome any guidance.
    Thanks.

un1corn Guest, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Function keys only work when shift is pressed at the same time

1. Function keys only work when shift is pressed at the same time - Similar Threads - Function keys shift

2. Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time: I play games and in every single game i try i cant press shift w and a at the same time and it only makes a beeping sound after a second or two, I have all updated drivers however im using a pc/2 slot keyboard, all my sticky keys and accessibility settings have been turned...
  3. Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time: I play games and in every single game i try i cant press shift w and a at the same time and it only makes a beeping sound after a second or two, I have all updated drivers however im using a pc/2 slot keyboard, all my sticky keys and accessibility settings have been turned...
  4. My keys are pressing other keys at the same time it has the same function as the other key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keys are pressing other keys at the same time it has the same function as the other key: This has been happening for a while now but when I press numpad "4" key it also presses the numpad "/" key and vice versaso when I press either of those keys it shows "4/"I'm sure there's a way to fix it without needing to download another key mapping app out in the internet...
  5. My keys are pressing other keys at the same time it has the same function as the other key

My keys are pressing other keys at the same time it has the same function as the other key: This has been happening for a while now but when I press numpad "4" key it also presses the numpad "/" key and vice versaso when I press either of those keys it shows "4/"I'm sure there's a way to fix it without needing to download another key mapping app out in the internet...
  6. My keys are pressing other keys at the same time it has the same function as the other key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. keys only work when pressed together

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys only work when pressed together: my rog claymore 2 keyboard has 2 lines of keys that don't work. All the way from A-L and Q-P. The keys only work if I press them together, for example, qa, ws, ed, and so on. They only work if I press the key under them, and they both get typed. This wasn't an issue until I...
  8. keys only work when pressed together

keys only work when pressed together: my rog claymore 2 keyboard has 2 lines of keys that don't work. All the way from A-L and Q-P. The keys only work if I press them together, for example, qa, ws, ed, and so on. They only work if I press the key under them, and they both get typed. This wasn't an issue until I...
  9. Keys only working after pressing a long time

Keys only working after pressing a long time: Hiya Community, Since a few days ago some of my keys on my Laptop suddenly stopped working keys: 2, u, -, Numpad 3. I can get them back to work for a while if I long press one of them one can activate the others again. It's pretty random when they work. Since it's not only...
  10. My keys are pressing other keys at the same time it has the same function as the other key

My keys are pressing other keys at the same time it has the same function as the other key: This has been happening for a while now but when I press numpad "4" key it also presses the numpad "/" key and vice versa so when I press either of those keys it shows "4/" I'm sure there's a way to fix it without needing to download another key mapping app out in the...