Windows 10: Function Keys Wont Work. Seemingly Unfixable. Please Help.

Discus and support Function Keys Wont Work. Seemingly Unfixable. Please Help. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried many troubleshooting steps for this issue, and nothing seems to work. I feel as if it's the functions themselves that do not work. F12... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Liam Davis1, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Function Keys Wont Work. Seemingly Unfixable. Please Help.

I have tried many troubleshooting steps for this issue, and nothing seems to work. I feel as if it's the functions themselves that do not work. F12 works, but only as an enter key with CTRL+ESC+F12. I can't use functions with onscreen keyboard or PowerToys either. Windows doesn't have keyboard drivers for my computer on their website. I have updated the drivers that exist and even uninstalled them. I can't access bios as the keys don't work. I don't have a function lock. This makes me feel as if it's a physical issue, but then why would F12 work? I can't even assign my Logitech mouse's program

:)

Liam Davis1, Dec 4, 2022

2. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Dec 4, 2022
  3. 1215N function keys not working?

Doesn't list it for the 1215N *Frown Function Keys Wont Work. Seemingly Unfixable. Please Help. :(

Funny part all the keys work out of the box with Linux Mint, go figure.

Tried the one on softpedia, doesn't seem to work.

Any other model that I can take it from?

speedy11131, Dec 4, 2022
  4. Function Keys Wont Work. Seemingly Unfixable. Please Help.

Function Key Not Working

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the F key on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Form when are you facing this issue and have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you performed?

If you are using external keyboard, I suggest you to connect the keyboard to different port and to different computer and check if it is working fine.

This will help us to know if the issue is with port/ computer the keyboard is connected to or the keyboard it self.

If you are using laptop keyboard, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter it
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: Update the keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right click on the Keyboard driver
      and click on Update driver software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Try the above and het back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

Function Keys Wont Work. Seemingly Unfixable. Please Help.

1. Function Keys Wont Work. Seemingly Unfixable. Please Help. - Similar Threads - Function Keys Wont

2. Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.: Randomly my Num Lock, Caps Lock, arrow keys, all the Function keys, and basically everything on the right side of my keyboard has stopped being detected on my computer. I thought it was a keyboard problem so I bought a new keyboard but it's still not working. I have tried...
  3. Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.: Randomly my Num Lock, Caps Lock, arrow keys, all the Function keys, and basically everything on the right side of my keyboard has stopped being detected on my computer. I thought it was a keyboard problem so I bought a new keyboard but it's still not working. I have tried...
  4. Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Seemingly Unfixable KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - ndis.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seemingly Unfixable KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - ndis.sys: I am losing my mind because every single time I try to play ANY GAME on my PC the entire computer will blue screen with kmode exception not handled at least once. It does this every single day and only once if I'm lucky. I have been on here to try to solve this problem before...
  6. Seemingly Unfixable KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - ndis.sys

Seemingly Unfixable KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - ndis.sys: I am losing my mind because every single time I try to play ANY GAME on my PC the entire computer will blue screen with kmode exception not handled at least once. It does this every single day and only once if I'm lucky. I have been on here to try to solve this problem before...
  7. Function Keys Wont Work. Seemingly Unfixable. Please Help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function Keys Wont Work. Seemingly Unfixable. Please Help.: I have tried many troubleshooting steps for this issue, and nothing seems to work. I feel as if it's the functions themselves that do not work. F12 works, but only as an enter key with CTRL+ESC+F12. I can't use functions with onscreen keyboard or PowerToys either. Windows...
  8. Function Keys Wont Work. Seemingly Unfixable. Please Help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function Keys Wont Work. Seemingly Unfixable. Please Help.: I have tried many troubleshooting steps for this issue, and nothing seems to work. I feel as if it's the functions themselves that do not work. F12 works, but only as an enter key with CTRL+ESC+F12. I can't use functions with onscreen keyboard or PowerToys either. Windows...
  9. Cursor Glitch seemingly unfixable

Cursor Glitch seemingly unfixable: On my hp laptop I have been having an issue where the cursor lags behind at some points. I have already tried:-Uninstalling the device and reinstalling -Updating drivers, rolling back drivers -Using a different mouse-Updating windows-fully resetting the computer so no files...
  10. Seemingly unfixable problem with mouse.

Seemingly unfixable problem with mouse.: It is worth mentioning, before I start, that I have contacted over 6 technicians (All from Microsoft support) and done everything from updating drivers to an in placed install to a clean install of Windows. Nothing has even touched this issue. My cursor (not my mouse) seems...