Windows 10: Function Keys Working But Keyboard Shortcuts Aint.

Discus and support Function Keys Working But Keyboard Shortcuts Aint. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to make my laptop so that it can use the function keys and ALSO use Alt+f4 at the same time. Another example is f11 for fullscreen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gr8RQ, Nov 16, 2020.

1. gr8RQ Win User

Function Keys Working But Keyboard Shortcuts Aint.

I want to make my laptop so that it can use the function keys and ALSO use Alt+f4 at the same time. Another example is f11 for fullscreen

:)

gr8RQ, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcuts and key combo stopped working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Try running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all
      option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices.

Method 2: You may check if the Ctrl key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard).

• And check if it works.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Function Keys Working But Keyboard Shortcuts Aint. - Similar Threads - Function Keys Working

2. Keyboard function keys won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard function keys won't work: Hello i have a keyboard that works fine on my laptop fine 100%but when i try to use the function keys on my desktop, they don't worki currently have a jamesdonkey A3 keyboard which is a 65% keyboard with no function lock keyi have filter keys off, i've tried sfc/scannow and...
  3. Keyboard function keys won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard function keys won't work: Hello i have a keyboard that works fine on my laptop fine 100%but when i try to use the function keys on my desktop, they don't worki currently have a jamesdonkey A3 keyboard which is a 65% keyboard with no function lock keyi have filter keys off, i've tried sfc/scannow and...
  4. CTRL key aint working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL key aint working: Both of my ctrl keys are not working. All of the keys in my keyboard works except the two. I haven't made any changes at all and I check the physical keyboard and it works. Also, I tried it on different device it works perfectly fine. Help me on this computer....
  5. CTRL key aint working

CTRL key aint working: Both of my ctrl keys are not working. All of the keys in my keyboard works except the two. I haven't made any changes at all and I check the physical keyboard and it works. Also, I tried it on different device it works perfectly fine. Help me on this computer....
  6. CTRL key aint working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Function keys in keyboard not working

Function keys in keyboard not working: I have encountered this problem from today morning , I was using microsoft edge and I tried to increase the volume of the video I was watching so the volume control is placed on f7 button and when i clicket it a pop up appeared something "caret browsing" and tried clicking...
  8. Function keys in keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys in keyboard not working: I have encountered this problem from today morning , I was using microsoft edge and I tried to increase the volume of the video I was watching so the volume control is placed on f7 button and when i clicket it a pop up appeared something "caret browsing" and tried clicking...
  9. Windows and Alt-key shortcut functions not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and Alt-key shortcut functions not working: Hey guys, I'm stumped over this problem for a while.So for the past 2 days, my left alt keys and my windows keys on my keyboard shortcut are not working. I have tried many fixes such changing lockup frame in regedit to 0 and restarting windows explorer and many many computer...
  10. Windows and Alt-key shortcut functions not working

Windows and Alt-key shortcut functions not working: Hey guys, I'm stumped over this problem for a while.So for the past 2 days, my left alt keys and my windows keys on my keyboard shortcut are not working. I have tried many fixes such changing lockup frame in regedit to 0 and restarting windows explorer and many many computer...