Windows 10: Function Lock on ASUS Zenbook 14 stopped working

Discus and support Function Lock on ASUS Zenbook 14 stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I first bought this new computer, I had no issues with it. It was lighter, slimmer, faster, quieter, and looked cooler than my old Lenovo Yoga... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mindyourownparsley, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Function Lock on ASUS Zenbook 14 stopped working

When I first bought this new computer, I had no issues with it. It was lighter, slimmer, faster, quieter, and looked cooler than my old Lenovo Yoga from 2015. The graphics card was a downgrade from the Nvidia GeForce I had to integrated graphics, but I worked my way around that by changing my game preference. That's not important, however.

The issue is, out of the blue, my computer's function lock (activated by pressing fn+esc) stopped working. This is a problem because the function keys on my laptop also double as hotkeys for things like keyboard brightness, volume, toggling the touchpad, etc.

And along with that, some of the hotkeys stopped working altogether: from f6 to f10 (and also prt. sc.) I have zero functionality.

Can someone help me with this, please?

:)

Mindyourownparsley, Aug 22, 2019

2. Asus Zenbook UX305 touchpad multitouch functions stopped working.

Asus Zenbook UX305 touchpad multitouch functions stopped working. I suspect windows update cause problem. Any suggestions to solve. Asus helpdesk ask me to reinstall windows. But I cannot as lot of data is in the PC. Appriciate help if some one can suggest
    to resolve.

SrinivasGarrepally, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Sound doesn't work on Asus Zenbook 14

Hey, I recently got the Asus Zenbook 14. It worked fine up until today, when the sound suddenly stopped working. The sound icon on the bottom bar had a red X. I went through the troubleshooter and it removed the X but it didn't fix the sound. External headphones
    don't work either. Does anyone have a fix?

potato8432, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Function Lock on ASUS Zenbook 14 stopped working

Asus Zenbook Function Keys Not Working

I recently bought a Asus Zenbook UX305FA and it came with Windows 8. I upgraded to Windows 10. After all the updating and installing, I finally got to using it. I noticed that none of the function keys worked. Or rather, did other things. For example:
    my sound (up) key launches Inspect Element in Chrome. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

RyanMcHale, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Function Lock on ASUS Zenbook 14 stopped working

1. Function Lock on ASUS Zenbook 14 stopped working - Similar Threads - Function Lock ASUS

2. Windows 10 1909 BSOD on Asus Zenbook Flip 14

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1909 BSOD on Asus Zenbook Flip 14: Hi! I now have the sam problem since the last november update. I already have tried so many things and nothing resolved my issues. I am going to be including some dump files. The errors I am encountering are: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR "Fixes" I...
  3. Any way to lock Fn key on ASUS Zenbook Flip ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to lock Fn key on ASUS Zenbook Flip ?: I would like to use the volume and brightness keys without having to press the Fn key. There is no option in bios to change it. I've also tried different combinations like Fn + Esc, Fn + Caps Lock, Fn + Numlk and nothing works. My model number is ASUS UX561UA. Thank you....
  4. Cannot update windows on my ASUS Zenbook.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update windows on my ASUS Zenbook.: For weeks now my computer has been attempting to update itself. The same thing always happens. It goes to the update screen and climbs up to 100% and then restarts as if everything worked flawlessly. Except it doesn't finish booting. Eventually I have to manually turn the...
  5. HP PC shows Asus Zenbook screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP PC shows Asus Zenbook screen: My new HP Tower came with Windows 10 installed. After entering my PIN the next screen shows an ASUS Zenbook desktop image. (a) does this matter, and (b) can I change it? I do have an Asus Zenbook laptop....
  6. KEYBOARD NUM LOCK FUNCTION STOPPED WORKING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KEYBOARD NUM LOCK FUNCTION STOPPED WORKING: Num Lock function on Microsoft Natural Keyboard stopped functioning. Have tried various troubleshooting recommendations. But problem still not resolved. How do I get the Num Lock function working again?...
  7. fresh install on ASUS Zenbooks (Model UX303LN)

fresh install on ASUS Zenbooks (Model UX303LN): Due to a problem with Windows 10 prebuild, I reinstalled Windowx on my PC. It is nous extremely slow et even freeze. I suspect that not all the drivers have been installed and when I go on the ASUS support website there is nothing recent. Have someone same problem and if...
  8. Asus zenbook u433FN scrolling not working only with index & middle finger

Asus zenbook u433FN scrolling not working only with index & middle finger: I just bought asus zenbook u433fn, it work unproperly when I scrolling using touchpad. It work properly if use middle & ring finger. However, it won't work if use index & middle finger on right hand. I test with left hand and found when use index & middle finger on left...
  9. Asus Zenbook Pro UX550VD Front speakers don't work anymore.

Asus Zenbook Pro UX550VD Front speakers don't work anymore.: Hello there, after the Spring update 1803 the front speakers don't work anymore but the bottom ones yes. I tried several methods playing around with the drivers but the speakers are still off. In "device manager", under "audio input and output" and "sound, video and game...
  10. Asus Zenbook UX31E, not working after W10 upgrade

Asus Zenbook UX31E, not working after W10 upgrade: Hi All Some weeks ago I upgraded my son's Zenbook. Initially it seemed to work fine. So I did a clean install. I can vaguely remember an odd miss start-up after the clean install.It seemed to work allright after that. Anyway my son skyped a couple of weeks ago to say it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus zenbook fn lock

2. lock an asus zenbook

3. asus zenbook 14 keypad not working