Windows 10: Function Lock on ASUS Zenbook 14 stopped working

Discus and support Function Lock on ASUS Zenbook 14 stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I first bought this new computer, I had no issues with it. It was lighter, slimmer, faster, quieter, and looked cooler than my old Lenovo Yoga... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mindyourownparsley, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Function Lock on ASUS Zenbook 14 stopped working

When I first bought this new computer, I had no issues with it. It was lighter, slimmer, faster, quieter, and looked cooler than my old Lenovo Yoga from 2015. The graphics card was a downgrade from the Nvidia GeForce I had to integrated graphics, but I worked my way around that by changing my game preference. That's not important, however.

The issue is, out of the blue, my computer's function lock (activated by pressing fn+esc) stopped working. This is a problem because the function keys on my laptop also double as hotkeys for things like keyboard brightness, volume, toggling the touchpad, etc.

And along with that, some of the hotkeys stopped working altogether: from f6 to f10 (and also prt. sc.) I have zero functionality.

Can someone help me with this, please?

:)

Mindyourownparsley, Aug 22, 2019

2. Asus Zenbook UX305 touchpad multitouch functions stopped working.

Asus Zenbook UX305 touchpad multitouch functions stopped working. I suspect windows update cause problem. Any suggestions to solve. Asus helpdesk ask me to reinstall windows. But I cannot as lot of data is in the PC. Appriciate help if some one can suggest
    to resolve.

SrinivasGarrepally, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Sound doesn't work on Asus Zenbook 14

Hey, I recently got the Asus Zenbook 14. It worked fine up until today, when the sound suddenly stopped working. The sound icon on the bottom bar had a red X. I went through the troubleshooter and it removed the X but it didn't fix the sound. External headphones
    don't work either. Does anyone have a fix?

potato8432, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Function Lock on ASUS Zenbook 14 stopped working

Asus Zenbook Function Keys Not Working

I recently bought a Asus Zenbook UX305FA and it came with Windows 8. I upgraded to Windows 10. After all the updating and installing, I finally got to using it. I noticed that none of the function keys worked. Or rather, did other things. For example:
    my sound (up) key launches Inspect Element in Chrome. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

RyanMcHale, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Function Lock on ASUS Zenbook 14 stopped working

1. Function Lock on ASUS Zenbook 14 stopped working - Similar Threads - Function Lock ASUS

2. Speaker doesn't work on ASUS Zenbook 14 UM3402YA Win10 64bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker doesn't work on ASUS Zenbook 14 UM3402YA Win10 64bit: Speakers do not work. Headphones do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-doesnt-work-on-asus-zenbook-14-um3402ya/e6bf206d-61e6-410c-a9a3-564791324946
  3. Speaker doesn't work on ASUS Zenbook 14 UM3402YA Win10 64bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker doesn't work on ASUS Zenbook 14 UM3402YA Win10 64bit: Speakers do not work. Headphones do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-doesnt-work-on-asus-zenbook-14-um3402ya/e6bf206d-61e6-410c-a9a3-564791324946
  4. Speaker doesn't work on ASUS Zenbook 14 UM3402YA Win10 64bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. asus zenbook

asus zenbook: my camera and vido is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-zenbook/253c5f2d-60b6-48bd-86a4-194ce4d63135
  6. Fn+Esc and Function Keys No Longer Working on Asus Zenbook 13 UX333FA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fn+Esc and Function Keys No Longer Working on Asus Zenbook 13 UX333FA: I purchased my Asus Zenbook UX333FA a few months ago and have had little to no problems with it. My Function keys worked perfectly fine - for instance, F1 would toggle mute, F7 would toggle backlit keyboard, etc.. In addition to this, the Fn+Esc toggle shortcut worked as...
  7. Asus Zenbook 14 UX434FLC Screenpad not working properly + NOX desktop image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus Zenbook 14 UX434FLC Screenpad not working properly + NOX desktop image: Hello, Microsoft Team! I really need your help on this one. I woke up and my sound wasn't working, even though troubleshooting wasn't detecting anything, nor was my video so to speak. Videos on YouTube or anywhere else wouldn't start, majority of apps wouldn't start either....
  8. In-built microphone stopped working in Asus Vivobook 14 .

In-built microphone stopped working in Asus Vivobook 14 .: I used my microphone for one of my project till yesterday morning. The project was heavy, it involved all in all microphone usage and the project got hanged several times but still microphone was working. Later, when i turned on my laptop yesterday noon for a meeting it was...
  9. In-built microphone in Asus Vivobook 14 stopped working.

In-built microphone in Asus Vivobook 14 stopped working.: I used my microphone for one of my project till yesterday morning. The project was heavy, it involved all in all microphone usage and the project got hanged several times but still microphone was working. Later, when i turned on my laptop yesterday noon for a meeting it was...
  10. Windows 10 1909 BSOD on Asus Zenbook Flip 14

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1909 BSOD on Asus Zenbook Flip 14: Hi! I now have the sam problem since the last november update. I already have tried so many things and nothing resolved my issues. I am going to be including some dump files. The errors I am encountering are: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR "Fixes" I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus zenbook fn lock

2. lock an asus zenbook

3. asus zenbook 14 keypad not working