Windows 10: Function of an executable detected when running Kaspersky

Discus and support Function of an executable detected when running Kaspersky in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What is the function of consent.exe? I thought I spotted it during a Kaspersky scan on my laptop. Thanks.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LeoneStewart1, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Function of an executable detected when running Kaspersky

What is the function of consent.exe? I thought I spotted it during a Kaspersky scan on my laptop. Thanks.

:)

LeoneStewart1, Nov 8, 2018

2. help.... detected objects on my kaspersky total security 2016

Hi:

The link for Kaspersky support is here (the BLUE text is a clickable link to their support site):Function of an executable detected when running Kaspersky :)

Having said all that, it appears from your screen shots that all you really need to do is to uninstall the outdated version of Flash Player for Firefox and the outdated version of Shockwave Player. A total of 4 mouse clicks are all that's needed.

(NOTE: this has nothing to do with Flash Player for IE, for Edge, or for Chrome.)
    (ALSO: It appears that the 7Zip detection may be a "False Positive", as I get the same item on my own system. You may either use the "Exclusion" button, or ignore the detection, or report it as a possible False Positive to Kaspersky.)

STEP 1:
    Picture #1 below shows how to uninstall them -- it is taken from MY computer, to illustrate how to do it.

Function of an executable detected when running Kaspersky [​IMG]

Picture #2 below shows the 2 applications on YOUR computer to uninstall:

• Click on "Adobe Flash Player 23 NPAPI", then click the "uninstall" button
    • Then click on "Adobe Shockwave Player 12.2", then click the "uninstall" button

Function of an executable detected when running Kaspersky [​IMG]

STEP 2:
    Reboot (restart) the computer.

STEP 3:

Run a manual KTS vulnerability scan.

STEP 4:

Post a screen shot of the new KTS vulnerability scan.

Thank you,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Switch to Kaspersky - Not detecting virus.

Hi, @Craige:

Every AV (and every security application) uses its own, unique set of databases and definitions.
    So it's possible that a particular file may be detected by one AV (e.g. Norton) and not by another (e.g. Kaspersky).

Without seeing the scan logs from the 2 programs, it's impossible to provide a definitive answer to the "discrepancy" you report.*Sad

First, you might want to submit the dodgy file in question to VirusTotal for analysis HERE.
    Then....

>>If you think that the detection might be a False Positive detection by Norton (not unheard of), then you might want to report it to Norton via their support site, their forum, or their in-app reporting system (if this is a feature).

>>If you think that Kaspersky is missing detection on a malicious file that it ought to detect, then you may wish to report the file to the KL virus lab, by following the advice HERE.

One other thing: I hope you are not running Norton and (even a trial version of) Kaspersky on the same system, simultaneously?
    • Having more than 1 AV installed on the system at the same time (even if one is "disabled"from real-time protection) can lead to a host of performance and stability problems.
    • Kaspersky products, in particular, are very twitchy about other installed AVs.
    • If you wish to give KIS/KAV/KTS a fair trial period, I suggest cleanly uninstalling Norton (using the vendor's removal tool)

There is no one "best" or "right" AV choice that suits all computers, users and budgets.
    If there were, there would be only 1 AV company.
    Ultimately, each user must select the application that works best for him/her on his/her system.
    There are many fine choices, each of which has its share of fans and detractors.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Le Boule Win User

Function of an executable detected when running Kaspersky

Defender turned off my Kaspersky

Suggest you uninstall Kaspersky thru Control Panel, reboot the computer, then run the Kaspersky Removal Tool as listed in List
    of anti-malware product removal tools
    , reboot the computer, then reinstall Kaspersky.

Be sure you’re installing the latest version of Kaspersky and if necessary seek advice from Kaspersky Support. https://usa.kaspersky.com/windows10

Good luck…

Le Boule, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Function of an executable detected when running Kaspersky

1. Function of an executable detected when running Kaspersky - Similar Threads - Function executable detected

2. Error 0x0000022 when running executable from a NAS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x0000022 when running executable from a NAS.: So, I have a NAS running truenas scale, which basically is an old repurposed windows vista 2TB PC. I use it to store some games and files, and everything works fine. A few days ago I wanted to install Microsoft flight simulator on my NAS, since my laptop has low storage for...
  3. Executable file not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Executable file not running: Hi, I have the following problem: Few months ago I wrote a python program that I converted with pyinstaller to an executable file. The .exe file ran smoothly. I got myself a new laptop and wanted to try the program, unfortunately I cannot start the program. Things I've...
  4. Face Detection Not Function

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Face Detection Not Function: New surface go 2 still in windows s mode is using about 1 week. However, the face detection is not function most time after sleep mode by keyboard cover closed up. Please fix it....
  5. The RUN function

in Windows 10 Customization
    The RUN function: Hi How can I get the Windows key + R to remember the latest commands? I have just upgraded a Windows 7 installation for a friend and had no problems with this run issue - it just worked at once. I have a laptop upgraded from Windows 7 a long time ago - no problems. This i7...
  6. Windows Defender says Kaspersky Free is off but Kaspersky says it is running and protecting?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender says Kaspersky Free is off but Kaspersky says it is running and protecting?: It seems that the last couple of days every time I boot up my Win 10 PC Windows Defender has a red cross on its icon, when I open it I get a message saying Kaspersky Free is off and your device may be unprotected. When I open Kaspersky it says all is good and my computer is...
  7. Speech Runtime Executable Reported in Kaspersky Internet Security

Speech Runtime Executable Reported in Kaspersky Internet Security: Kaspersky Internet Security reports Speech Runtime Executable as a suspicious action. The component is shown to be located in C:\Windows\System32\Speech_OneCore\common\SpeechRuntime.exe. How can I remove or disable the component?...
  8. Switch to Kaspersky - Not detecting virus.

Switch to Kaspersky - Not detecting virus.: Running Win 10 and there is this file I downloaded from a shady place ! My Norton detects it as: Trogan.gen2 while Kaspersky (trial) says its clear. I have been thinking of switching from Norton to Kaspersky but I am not sure now, as I don't know its detection rate....
  9. Kaspersky and Windows Defender both running?

Kaspersky and Windows Defender both running?: I am a bit confused as to whether or not I have 2 virus checkers running at the same time! I've taken a couple of pics and perhaps someone can enlighten me. [img] [img] Thanks, Jon 107071
  10. "The environment is incorrect." error when trying to run an executable

in Windows 10 Support
    "The environment is incorrect." error when trying to run an executable: I have a desktop computer that was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro. When I try to run CMD as Administrator, I receive "The environment is incorrect." error message. I get the same error if I try to run other Windows applications (in Windows\System32). Update: It...