Windows 10: Functions keys work as intended

Discus and support Functions keys work as intended in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Dell XPS-13 I want my function keys to function as function keys. Many programs of the past 20 years still incorporate the use of F1-F12... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dangnad2, Dec 13, 2017.

1. dangnad2 Win User

Functions keys work as intended

Windows 10 Dell XPS-13

I want my function keys to function as function keys. Many programs of the past 20 years still incorporate the use of F1-F12 including Win 10 File Explorer.

Please read this: I have gone into the BIOS:

Settings>POST Behavior>Fn Lock Options>

Fn Lock UNCHECKED
    Lock Mode Disable/Standard (= The F1-F12 keys behave as function keys. Holding <Fn> is required to access their secondary functions)
    Lock Mode Enable/Secondary UNCHECKED

This does NOT change the function key behavior. It is as though those secondary functions I don't wand are hardwired. What is wrong with Dell?

:)

dangnad2, Dec 13, 2017

2. Lenovo T420 Touchpad doesn't work as intended after installing Windows 10

Hello,

You can follow the step by steps procedure mentioned in the link below by Andre Da Costa:

How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Keep us updated if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 13, 2017
  3. zxo2000 Win User
    Sharing Does Not Work As Intended When Sharing With Twitter

When sharing an article from Windows 10 News app using the 'share' function, and use Twitter from the charm bar, the article title is not included in the Twitter post, only the article URL.

When performing the same function but sharing with 'mail', 'onenote' or other apps the article title is included.

I have the official 'twitter' app installed from the app store.

zxo2000, Dec 13, 2017
  4. Functions keys work as intended

Hi dangnad2.

Found this. Would suggest Lock mode Enabled/Secondary needs to be enable or checked.

Functions keys work as intended [​IMG]

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 14, 2017
  5. dangnad2 Win User
    Thanks Ken. When I went into the BIOS those two boxes WERE checked, I assume by default. That hasn't changed the behavior of those keys.

dangnad2, Dec 15, 2017
  6. Crap.

If you enable both checked. The piece I sent you says FN Locked checked and the secondary is selected. Maybe you did this.

Did you check the Dell site for any keyboard or button drivers. ?

Can't understand why they can make the description simpler. To make function key priority check here. KISS.

Caledon Ken, Dec 15, 2017
  7. dangnad2 Win User
    Thanks Ken. I'll try to get through the Dell brick wall to see if they can help. Btw, I know what KISS means.

dangnad2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Functions keys work as intended

1. Functions keys work as intended - Similar Threads - Functions keys intended

2. Function keys not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function keys not working: whenever i am using my function key is doesnt work as earlier , before 2 day all was working good but today when i used my laptop and used function key to volume up ,down and mute it is not working instead other type of function is been done. how do i get my normal function...
  3. Function keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys not working: whenever i am using my function key is doesnt work as earlier , before 2 day all was working good but today when i used my laptop and used function key to volume up ,down and mute it is not working instead other type of function is been done. how do i get my normal function...
  4. Function keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Basic Windows functionalities aren't working as intended.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Basic Windows functionalities aren't working as intended.: Hello,Starting from 26th of December 2021, my PC has been acting up strangely. The system protection isn't working anymore, Windows Update can't install updates anymore and System Recovery doesn't work in both the Online version and in the Recovery environment. On top of...
  6. Basic Windows functionalities aren't working as intended.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Basic Windows functionalities aren't working as intended.: Hello,Starting from 26th of December 2021, my PC has been acting up strangely. The system protection isn't working anymore, Windows Update can't install updates anymore and System Recovery doesn't work in both the Online version and in the Recovery environment. On top of...
  7. Basic Windows functionalities aren't working as intended.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Function keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Function keys not working: Some of my function keys are not working, I'm able to change the screen brightness and volume but I'm not able to turn on or adjust my Keyboard backlight or turn off my trackpad. its been annoying as I don't use my trackpad often and a slight touch and I'm no longer pointing...
  9. Function Keys Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Function Keys Not Working: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 some time ago on my Satellite A660 and my touch keys (illuminated buttons) (wifi, play\pause, volum) and function keys stopped working. This wasn't an issue until recently when my wifi turned off and can't be turned back on. Could you please...
  10. Function Keys not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function Keys not working: Hello, I have an HP laptop with windows 10, the function keys used to work normally until this morning they stopped (adjusting volume, adjusting brightness, etc..). The function keys are "enabled", but I can't find anything else in the settings that can allow me to use...