Windows 10: Funny Firewall Logs from fontdrvhost.exe

Discus and support Funny Firewall Logs from fontdrvhost.exe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, in our company firewall logs we can see fontdrvhost.exe trying to make outside requests. Some of them the destination IP is 169.x but others are... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SteveC714, Sep 3, 2020.

1. SteveC714 Win User

Funny Firewall Logs from fontdrvhost.exe

Hello, in our company firewall logs we can see fontdrvhost.exe trying to make outside requests. Some of them the destination IP is 169.x but others are trying to connect externally. I spot checked a few of the destination IP's and it seems to be trying to reach Amazon and Microsoft. I have a basic understanding of what the fontdrvhost.exe does and what it is used for but do not know why it would have a need to connect to an external IP address. What also strikes us as odd is we see most if not all of the activity on our Citrix virtual desktops. Wondering if maybe someone could help me makes sense of why it might be doing this.

Windows 10 LTSC v1809

Thank you!

Steve

:)

SteveC714, Sep 3, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Funny Firewall Logs from fontdrvhost.exe

firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Funny Firewall Logs from fontdrvhost.exe

1. Funny Firewall Logs from fontdrvhost.exe - Similar Threads - Funny Firewall Logs

2. Problem logging Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem logging Windows Firewall: Hello!I've got a small problem: I can't activate the logging option for windows firewall:In this window I've enabled both options for logging.The log file does not show anything AND the Properties in the "Monitoring" Tab show this:Even after rebootingThanks for reading!...
  3. Problem logging Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem logging Windows Firewall: Hello!I've got a small problem: I can't activate the logging option for windows firewall:In this window I've enabled both options for logging.The log file does not show anything AND the Properties in the "Monitoring" Tab show this:Even after rebootingThanks for reading!...
  4. Problem logging Windows Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Win10 Log in: SS3Svc32.exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Log in: SS3Svc32.exe: Hi All: when i turn my desktop PC on every day, this strange request comes on: it is an ".exe" file with the name: SS3Svc32.exe it comes on EVERYTIME i turn the PC on. may i ask if this is ok or something is wrong please? why is it asking me this each time? thank...
  6. Excel acting funny

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel acting funny: Starting today, when clicking on an Excel cell, it automatically opens the formula on the screen, rather than what previously required highlighting the cell and going up to the Formula Bar. Very annoying. Also, starting today, while highlighting and 'cutting' multiple cells...
  7. hidden/ something funny

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hidden/ something funny: Is there something that can be used to get into "secret apps/ contents" on the cpu? Ive heard of someone saying "module" and I find all sorts of coding script files with "if" "then" "and". I dont know much about these. Im basically a beginner but can certain things be done in...
  8. Windows 10 Firewall logging

Windows 10 Firewall logging: I am working on turning on the domain profile for Windows 10 via gpo. We have a relatively large environment and this has not been turned on for the domain profile in the past. So the current plan is turn on the Firewall with Policy and create an Any/Any rule for inbound...
  9. Windows firewall not logging packets

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows firewall not logging packets: I need to troubleshoot firewall but it doesn't generate logs. I use firewall policy from local group policy and logging is enabled there. things I tried so far: change log file path to E:/logs/firewall_log.txt create file manually 120065
  10. windows firewall logging

windows firewall logging: hello how can i create a new log file, this is what happens when its cleaned ffs, all my log files deleted!, my firewalls blocked the log me in rescue too...