Windows 10: Further actions needed for Network connection (Login in Browser)

Discus and support Further actions needed for Network connection (Login in Browser) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Sometimes I need to login to Wifi networks and after connecting to it, I get no Internet connection ... there are two types * I got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MPREv2, Jan 6, 2020.

1. MPREv2 Win User

Further actions needed for Network connection (Login in Browser)

Hi,

Sometimes I need to login to Wifi networks and after connecting to it,
    I get no Internet connection ...

there are two types
    * I got a notification that there are further actions needed to do in my browser to complete the login to the network
    * The browser is immediately opened and I see the login page, where I provide credentials for the network.

the first type I've not seen now for long time. but the second I do have now very often.

My question is now - how is this working - how is the AP (access point / router/ hot-spot) telling my operating system that there is more to be done to complete the login and how is the URL to open in browser sent to my notebook.
    Is there a standard protocol for that purpose? How is it called / described?

:)

MPREv2, Jan 6, 2020

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jan 6, 2020
  4. seergaze Win User

Reset network login profiles

Does not work, i am still automatically connected to the internet when i connect to the wifi

is the login details hidden/stored somewhere

seergaze, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Further actions needed for Network connection (Login in Browser) - Similar Threads - Further actions needed

2. BSOD – need a further analysis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD – need a further analysis: Hi thereWe need to help analyse the full and mini memory dump. Please check the date modified on the mini ones for 29 November 2023.Please find the download link - HP BSOD - 2304023001. It will expire within 7 days.Just to give a feedback. We also escalated to HP support to...
  3. BSOD – need a further analysis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD – need a further analysis: Hi there,We had a BSOD on our machine and need to know what is causing this. We also attached the BSOD file on our OneDrive with a 7-day...
  4. BSOD – need a further analysis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD – need a further analysis: Hi thereWe have this machine just came back to IT as we replaced a month ago.This Dell laptop had a few issues back in April and May 2022. We just want to know what might be causing this. Over 3 years, Dell replaced the motherboard 2 times, RAM bracket 2 times, internal...
  5. Virus removed or further action needed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus removed or further action needed?: Hi!Recently I got hit with a Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml which Windows defender quarantined for me I am not sure if I have removed it or not. Now when I go to "protection history" under "Virus and threat protection" I can see that the threat saying "Removed or restored" with...
  6. Virus removed or further action needed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus removed or further action needed?: Hi!Recently I got hit with a Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml which Windows defender quarantined for me I am not sure if I have removed it or not. Now when I go to "protection history" under "Virus and threat protection" I can see that the threat saying "Removed or restored" with...
  7. Virus removed or further action needed?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. BSOD - need a further analysis

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - need a further analysis: Dear Community We had this BSOD happening on one of the HP laptops. Based on what the user said, the machine was running in the office during the morning and it was properly shutdown before left office. Then started again at home and the BSOD kicks in. The user waited...
  9. Wifi Connection Action Needed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Connection Action Needed: When i connect to wifi from my Mobile hotspot on my laptop showing "Action Needed". After connecting to wifi its redirecting to "https://www.msn.com/en-xl/?ocid=wispr&pc=u477" this link. And in my wifi section its showing "No Connection, secured" but internet is working....
  10. Remove Action Needed prompt while connecting to WiFi network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remove Action Needed prompt while connecting to WiFi network in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]At times, you may have noticed that your Windows 10 displays an Action needed prompt while connecting to a WiFi network. This can occur after a Windows Upgrade or while connecting to a new wiFi network. This is actually good [...] This post Remove Action...