Windows 10: Future CPU Investment

Discus and support Future CPU Investment in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As of now, my CPU is an i-7 8700k. The current bios update for my MSI Z370 A Pro details that it now supports 8th and 9th generation processors. i was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rust in Peace95, May 22, 2019.

1. Future CPU Investment

As of now, my CPU is an i-7 8700k. The current bios update for my MSI Z370 A Pro details that it now supports 8th and 9th generation processors. i was thinking of a future upgrade when the Coffee Lake generation will be not as, for a lack of a better term"outdated",and wanted to ask if buying an 8th or 9th generation CPU and dropping it in with my current motherboard would be the best option OR to buy a factory set 8th or 9th motherboard. I'm honestly kind of curious. I'm not going to upgrade my CPU for along time.

:)

Rust in Peace95, May 22, 2019
  2. JaYp146 Win User

[FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, May 22, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, May 22, 2019
  4. Future CPU Investment

Upgrading Pre-Built i7 920 (dell) - Stick with 920 or invest in new CPU?

Greetings, my first post for TPU here.

A couple of years ago I purchased a prebuilt from Dell. It has the i7 920 CO cpu and everything else is just basic. I purchased this preplanning to upgrade this system part by part in the future knowing this cpu may stick around for a while.

Well the time has come for my upgrade and I'll list my thoughts so far.

PSU - Thermaltake Black Widow edition 850w modular.

Tower - Antec 300

These items are the items I have already invested in. Which brings me to my question.

I'm looking at 3x4 gig 1600+ 1.5v ram, the exact model will be determined on which board I go with. But where I'm lost at, should I stick with the I7 920 and an x58 lga1366 board, or should I invest in a different series. I've noticed there is an abundance of p67 1155 boards and cpu's out there, but from what I've been reading, the 920 is still a very good cpu to stick with. I know there is a new chipset coming out later this year, but is it worth it to just invest in a new 1366 board and keep with the 920?

I'm not big into overclocking, having never attempted before and this cpu will be primarily a gaming rig so I may attempt OCing once I get all the component.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Chris

Christianjock07, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Future CPU Investment

1. Future CPU Investment - Similar Threads - Future CPU Investment

2. Mouse invested Rx-G750

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse invested Rx-G750: I decided to go into the software turn off the LED backlight. As a result, the mouse was inverted, and the mouse left the backlight. I decided to restart the computer, turn off the mouse from the computer, but still nothing. When I log into the software, I write the following...
  3. Mouse invested Rx-G750

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse invested Rx-G750: I decided to go into the software turn off the LED backlight. As a result, the mouse was inverted, and the mouse left the backlight. I decided to restart the computer, turn off the mouse from the computer, but still nothing. When I log into the software, I write the following...
  4. Mouse invested Rx-G750

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. IS BITCOIN A GOOD INVESTMENT?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IS BITCOIN A GOOD INVESTMENT?: https://dragmind.com/is-bitcoin-a-good-investment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-bitcoin-a-good-investment/2c7f2405-0108-4716-8314-18dc5d172f42
  6. IS BITCOIN A GOOD INVESTMENT?

IS BITCOIN A GOOD INVESTMENT?: https://dragmind.com/is-bitcoin-a-good-investment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-bitcoin-a-good-investment/2c7f2405-0108-4716-8314-18dc5d172f42
  7. Will Microsoft support intel 7th gen CPU in future ?

Will Microsoft support intel 7th gen CPU in future ?: Hi I have a intel 7700HQ 7th gen CPU on my gamming laptop but when i want to upgrade windows 10 to 11 the pc health check app says my intel 7700HQ 7th Gen cpu is not supported. this laptop is a gamming laptop with a very good hardware i think it can support windows 11 too. my...
  8. Will Microsoft support intel 7th gen CPU in future ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Microsoft support intel 7th gen CPU in future ?: Hi I have a intel 7700HQ 7th gen CPU on my gamming laptop but when i want to upgrade windows 10 to 11 the pc health check app says my intel 7700HQ 7th Gen cpu is not supported. this laptop is a gamming laptop with a very good hardware i think it can support windows 11 too. my...
  9. Is it safe to invest through digital platforms?

Is it safe to invest through digital platforms?: I came across this app called https://mywaywealth.com and its a virtual platform to invest in mutual funds i just wanna make sure if it is safe to do so. Any suggestions?...
  10. Microsoft will invest $5 billion in IoT

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will invest $5 billion in IoT: Today, we are announcing that we will invest $5 billion in the Internet of Things over the next four years. The reason we are doing this is simple: Our goal is to give every customer the ability to transform their businesses, and the world at large, with connected solutions....