Windows 10: Future of Internet Explorer

Discus and support Future of Internet Explorer in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I got confused about Microsoft Edge vs Internet Explorer. Is Edge engine based on IE's? / Does Edge depends on IE? Will IE still be developed or... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Leandro, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Leandro Win User

Future of Internet Explorer

Hi,
    I got confused about Microsoft Edge vs Internet Explorer.
    Is Edge engine based on IE's? / Does Edge depends on IE?
    Will IE still be developed or it has been discontinued?
    IE API can be used in 3rd party apps: Windows Scripting Host, as an embedded app, ... What now? It will still be used? Edge will replace it?

:)

Leandro, Aug 12, 2015

2. The Internet Explorer Future

Microsoft Edge doesn't mean stop support for Internet Explorer as it has more option and it is still supported. Microsoft Edge has better support for touch screen and tablets when you will use touch or pen to interact with browser instead of mouse while
    IE still great for mouse users.

You could use either Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer.

If you have question regarding to Microsoft Edge, you may post it on:

Results in Windows - Microsoft Community

Cyber_Defend_Team, Aug 12, 2015
  3. #000000 Win User
    The Internet Explorer Future

What's the IE future?

Is the IE 11 last version?

I ask because the modern Edge browser doesn't have basic options like full screen mode or add-ons.

Even here, there is no Edge category.

I have to choose IE11... I don't understand what's going on with you Microsoft.

#000000, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Future of Internet Explorer

As far as I'm concerned, the two are entirely different browsers. IE11 on Windows 10 is intended for legacy websites, especially for businesses that rely on corporate access to websites and for compatibility. Edge while new, does not yet have extension support but is coming later in the year. IE11 will likely be the last Internet Explorer browser. The two however, do not depend on each other. You'll notice favorites in IE11 do not show in Edge. But, you can import favorites from Chrome or Internet Explorer into Edge. Edge will eventually and completely replace Internet Explorer in due time, especially with it being heavy influenced by HTML5 content.

That's how I understand it anyway.

GamerwGlasses, Aug 12, 2015
  5. Dch48 Win User
    That's how I see it too. I'm still using IE since Edge is an unfinished product at the moment, but I do not foresee any further IE development. I don't believe there will be an IE 12. IE may continue to be supported for the next few years though.

Dch48, Aug 13, 2015
  6. LMiller7 Win User
    I expect that Internet Explorer will be a part of Windows for more than a few years. IE has been a part of Windows since Windows 98 and much third party software takes advantage of that in one way or another. Some applications explicitly use IE rather than the default browser while others rely on IE components. Some browsers are little more than a front end for IE components that do the real work. Many websites are designed for IE and will have issues with other browsers.

There is little to be gained and much to lose in removing IE.

Edit: I do believe though that IE 11 is likely the end of the line with development being confined to security fixes.

LMiller7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Future of Internet Explorer

1. Future of Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - Future Internet Explorer

2. Internet explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet explorer: Hello.I have the latets version of win 11.But i notice that internet explorer isn;'t availble via programs and capabilities.Is ther any w ay to downlaod manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer/c21be638-0285-4973-ab9e-205dfd01ff97
  3. Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer: What happen if I disable Internet explorer? Is my game and apps will have bad problem after I disable Internet explorer? I don't use Internet explorer. It is connected with Edge. I have chrome as my default browser....
  4. internet explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet explorer: i have uninstalled internet explorer now i am unable to reinstall it on windows 10 . i downloaded manually but it is not working. how do i again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer/cadb3434-bc2d-435a-929a-e3f9cd031fb6
  5. "Sometime in the future" appearing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Sometime in the future" appearing in file explorer: Today I went to a folder in my Downloads, and the folders last modified date was 7/21/2185. I did not modify the folder in any way, please tell me what is going on![ATTACH]...
  6. Internet Explorer . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer . . .: I'm having some problems, with Internet Explorer. I want to uninstall it. But, I might reinstall it later. I opened the, Control Panel. Uninstall. But, Internet Explorer, was not there? How can I, uninstall it . . . If I, can't see it? I could, go here. To take care, of...
  7. Internet Explorer . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer . . .: My computer is a Dell laptop, running Windows 10 pro. I just installed, Internet Explorer 11. It required a restart. But, after coming back, to my desktop. It was, nowhere to be found? Do, you know where, I can look for it? Should, I re-install it? Help. Thanks for...
  8. internet explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    internet explorer: I lost my window 10 yahoo internet explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer/32f26c63-39a5-4b2f-a46b-71245078ff94
  9. Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer: OK so I had a major update last night finally left it and went to bed around 2AM could not stay up waiting for it and my wife said she saw it was shut down by 7 this morning but that it had still be updating around 4-5AM. So when I got up I got doing my normal routine and...
  10. New institute explores the future of Cortana

in Windows 10 News
    New institute explores the future of Cortana: Today marks the establishment of the Cortana Intelligence Institute – a new, co-funded collaboration between Microsoft Research, Cortana Research and RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia, to work on next-generation capabilities for Microsoft’s digital assistant Cortana....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the future of IE

2. future of internet exploxer 11