Windows 10: Future potential Windows activation trouble

Discus and support Future potential Windows activation trouble in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was looking to buy a laptop that comes with a slow hard drive, and I want to buy a faster drive to replace it. Assuming that hardware conflicts are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TyHoward1, Mar 25, 2019.

1. TyHoward1 Win User

Future potential Windows activation trouble

I was looking to buy a laptop that comes with a slow hard drive, and I want to buy a faster drive to replace it. Assuming that hardware conflicts are not an issue (I have researched and verified that the drive will work), will I be able to have activated Windows on the new drive? If so, how?

:)

TyHoward1, Mar 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 25, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    What would you like to see in Windows 8

first ones not bad. floppies are dead, thats a good step up.

activation? i've never had issues with that.

Mussels, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Future potential Windows activation trouble

windows Activation

Hello,

I hope I can help you today

Having trouble activating Windows 10? Try these steps to resolve activation errors:

Confirm that your device is up to date and running Windows 10, version 1607 or later. Learn how to update Windows 10.

Use the Activation troubleshooter to resolve simple errors. See the following instructions for more details.

If you're still seeing an error, check the list of error codes below and follow the suggested steps to resolve it.

Make sure the error hasn't changed. Sometimes when you run the Activation troubleshooter or attempt to activate, the error code and message will change. If it has changed, look up the new code below and follow the recommended steps.

this link has more detailed information

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10738/...

MiguelChiappori, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Future potential Windows activation trouble

1. Future potential Windows activation trouble - Similar Threads - Future potential activation

2. Activate Windows trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows trouble: Hi! I need to Activate Windows, but the troubleshooter is having trouble. I believe Windows was installed on my pc via a flashdrive when my friend helped me build my pc, and now it has run out I think. How would I go about fixing this? Should I change my product key or do...
  3. Trouble with Windows Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with Windows Activation: Hi there! I'm trying to activate my Windows 10 Pro which I got after purchasing my laptop from a store but it has deactivated quite a few times and every single time, I had to go to the store again to reactivate my Windows which is causing me quite a lot of trouble. I've...
  4. Potential malicious activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential malicious activity: Hello All,First post on here, thanks in advance for your help.I have identified some activity on my PC which I am suspicious of. It came to my attention when a pop up window started showing up and replicating itself every few minutes, first image below. In short it is telling...
  5. Trouble activating Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble activating Windows: Hi some time ago my PC seemed to have reverted to Windows Enterprise from Windows 10 Pro. no matter what I tried I was unable to find my original activation key and was therefore unable to activate Windows. I've now had to purchase anther key but when I tried to 'change...
  6. Potential future issue with Windows 10 Pro VOLUME_MAK

Potential future issue with Windows 10 Pro VOLUME_MAK: So, I have bought a Windows 10 Professional key through my College's Main Campus IT Department Volume Multiple Activation Key and I'm aware that it will require an eventual re-activation through their services and they said it would be for me, forever. However my campus has...
  7. Windows activation troubles

Windows activation troubles: I purchased an Acer Aspire E 14 E5-473-555Y a couple years ago with windows 10. However, it's been saying that windows is not activated for a while now. At first the activation error code displayed was 0xC004F074 but it recently changed to 0x8007007B. Troubleshooting says...
  8. New updates potentially causing me trouble.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New updates potentially causing me trouble.: Hey there, Yesterday I installed the latest updates which came out around 10 or 11th August according to my research. After installing these updates, my browser (Avast Secure Browser - never gave me any problems) logs me out of everything, every website. The problem is not...
  9. Windows activation trouble

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows activation trouble: I have recently built a computer and installed the free version of Microsoft home. Now i have bought a new laptop and after signing in i was brought to the home screen with a stock lenovo wallpaper, upon seeing it i changed it back to the windows stock wallpaper. i am now on...
  10. Troubled about future of Yahoo Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Troubled about future of Yahoo Mail: Windows 10 Have used Yahoo Mail for decades. With all the negative press and articles regarding possible Yahoo being sold should I be actively searching for a new email provider? My account was not hacked. I'm using Yahoo Mail with Windows Edge Browser. If I do need to find...