Windows 10: Future proof with uwp?

Discus and support Future proof with uwp? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm the founder of an investment company. Recently, I started having an idea for a LOB app that eventually I want to publish to the wild. A quick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FlyingCorgis, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Future proof with uwp?

I'm the founder of an investment company. Recently, I started having an idea for a LOB app that eventually I want to publish to the wild.

A quick search shows that a lot of developers hate uwp with a passion. Some vowing to rather cut off their arms and eat their dogs before touching uwp. Ok, it's an exaggeration, but you get the point.

Stick with wpf or go for uwp? Is there a chance of MS killing off uwp the way they killed off windows phone?

Sorry if these questions are obvious. I've been out of the game for years while I built up my company. I've a background in programming.

:)

FlyingCorgis, Jan 18, 2020

2. uwp apps are future

I know some Devs leaving windows platform for android and ios and windows users are worried about it according to me uwp apps have a bright future for multiple reasons one the most important reason uwp apps runs on multiple devices from HoloLens,Xbox one,
    SurfaceBook,iot to potential upcoming Surface Phone it will bring all new and existing developer who now don't interested in uwp. Surface Phone and HoloLens will game be game changer for Microsoft and for uwp future. If any developer will see my post than
    plz hopeful for uwp and bring your apps to msft store. And about me i am waiting for Surface Phone and Andromeda OS i will be most happy when i hands on Surface Phone and i am currently having Lumia 950 using as my daily driver.

Syed Ali Zamin Shah, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Wai_Wai Win User
    Buy cheap or Future-Proof?

Why? What are the processors going to do to eliminate my PSU?

OK, so you suggest I should buy a decent 300-400W.

Wai_Wai, Jan 18, 2020
  4. poldo Win User

Future proof with uwp?

Reliability or Future Proofing

I have a small cash for an upgrade and I'm kinda torn between 2 SSDs; Intel 320 and the OCZ Vertex 3 both 120 GB. These 2 are the easiest to get where I'm from and is within my budget if you're wondering. The reasons are as follows:

• Intel 320 - proven reliable, fits my current setup, 5-year warranty (I don't upgrade often)
    • OCZ Vertex 3 - cheaper, a little future proofing, speeds, etc.
    My current setup is SATA II (x58), I don't upgrade often (probably will in the next year or 2). Which one would you get?

poldo, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Future proof with uwp?

1. Future proof with uwp? - Similar Threads - Future proof uwp

2. uwp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uwp: windowuwp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uwp%E7%A8%8B%E5%BA%8F%E5%9C%A8%E4%BC%91%E7%9C%A0/b3836417-744c-4cff-9089-2b1f59ebc06d
  3. UWP

in Windows 10 Customization
    UWP: Install.wiminstall.wim3D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E7%9C%9F%E8%AE%A9%E4%BA%BA%E6%8A%93%E7%8B%82/bdc1a792-2abd-4f20-9102-0801f79b1fc2
  4. proofing in mail

proofing in mail: Hello, I regularly write emails in different languages and would like to have proofing for the different languages each time as well. Is there a way to quickly change between the different languages for the proofing? I already downloaded my preferred languages in the...
  5. Senior proofing a laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Senior proofing a laptop?: Hi! I have an old laptop I’m planning on giving to my 76 year old father. Any tips on how to set it up for him? Would it be possibly to have the laptop close automatically at a certain time? (He will stay up until 5 am watching YouTube videos. I would rather not have to take...
  6. 128gb ssd for win 10 or win... Future proof?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    128gb ssd for win 10 or win... Future proof?: Hello is a 128gb ssd for win 10 or even win... And drivers, updates, etc. Future proof? I know a lot about PC parts and so on but I wonder. 128gb ssd für win 10 oder win... Zukunftsicher?
  7. proofing tools not installed

proofing tools not installed: proofing tools not installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proofing-tools-not-installed/5fcda2dc-6fcc-4ada-afb6-66e9d1708ef4
  8. Diarium Proofing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diarium Proofing: I originally had proofing on my Right Click on the mouse buit since I changed color scheme it has disappeared. I have checked my Microsoft Word Proofing and all is ok so is the app not recognising the proofing due to code error when having changed color scheme ?...
  9. Future proof my Windows 10 and programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Future proof my Windows 10 and programs: Hello, I have a Dell Studio 1555 laptop with Windows 10 Pro. When in the future, the hard drive fails, then I want to be able to make a back up of Windows 10 Pro that loads onto my new hard drive that activates officially by Microsoft and still is able to have official...
  10. Recap: The Future of Gaming on UWP – GDC Europe Twitter Chat

in Windows 10 News
    Recap: The Future of Gaming on UWP – GDC Europe Twitter Chat: This year’s Game Developers Conference Europe (GDC Europe) proved that there’s a lot to be excited about if you’re a Windows game developer. Play Anywhere, Xbox’s Project Scorpio, ID@Xbox – those are just a few of the ways Windows and the Universal Windows Platform (UWP)...