Windows 10: future questions about getting a free upgrade after 29 July

Discus and support future questions about getting a free upgrade after 29 July in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As far as I know, the free upgrade to 10 is going away in a few hours. I speculate that there will be at least a few posts asking how to get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bobkn, Jul 27, 2016.

1. bobkn Win User

future questions about getting a free upgrade after 29 July

As far as I know, the free upgrade to 10 is going away in a few hours.

I speculate that there will be at least a few posts asking how to get the free upgrade after the offer's expiration.

(That may include some who do an upgrade through means other than Windows Update, and find that MS won't activate their copies.)

So who will be first to step up to the plate?

(I almost count the poster who hasn't upgraded yet, and who will be out of town through the end of the free period. Not quite the same as someone who is feverishly trying to do the upgrade at the last nanosecond, though.)

:)

bobkn, Jul 27, 2016

2. How to reserve free windows 10 upgrade from windows 8.1 after 29, July 2016

I have seven computers running Windows 8.1 Pro, Recently I have upgraded. my four system to windows 10,

I've got a question that is my remaining windows which i have not upgraded to windows 10 is eligible for free upgrade for windows 10 after 29, July 2016.

If yes then what is the process to do after 29 July 2016, If no then is there any way to reserve that free upgrade for future (after 29 July 2016)

vinodjames, Jul 27, 2016
  3. help

You've been told incorrectly and/or misunderstood.

You can get the free upgrade anytime between July 29, 2015 and July 29, 2016. Once you get it - it is YOURS indefinitely on that specific system (systems) you get it on. It never goes away. You got it. Always.

Now if you don't claim the free upgrade during the given year on some system, you'll have to pay to upgrade that system (if you want to) after July 29, 2016.

There is no paying for anything in the foreseeable and documented future where the free Windows 10 upgrade offer is concerned.

Shenan Stanley, Jul 27, 2016
Thema:

future questions about getting a free upgrade after 29 July

1. future questions about getting a free upgrade after 29 July - Similar Threads - future questions getting

2. Will GenuineTicket.xml work after July 29?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will GenuineTicket.xml work after July 29?: Hello, Quick question. Does anyone know if I run gatherosstate today and create a GenuineTicket.xml file, can I perform a clean install on my Windows 7 computer AFTER July 29? My reasons are complicated, but I just need to know if anyone knows for sure if this will work....
  3. How shall users upgrade to free Windows 10 after July 29, 2016?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How shall users upgrade to free Windows 10 after July 29, 2016?: How shall users upgrade to free Windows 10 after July 29, 2016 if they need to reinstall OS? What should they prepare for reinstallation of Windows 10 in the future, creating a copy or what else? Thank you for your answer. 54729
  4. Preparing for a Future Free Upgrade

Preparing for a Future Free Upgrade: 100 days from today, the free upgrade off ends. If I were to install a free copy of 10 onto a thumb drive (or DVD), and then buy a used 7 or 8 laptop after the free upgrade offer expires, could I install 10 for free from the thumb drive? 47869
  5. How to get Windows 10 after July 29

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get Windows 10 after July 29: I have Windows 8.1 and am not upgrading to Windows 10 for awhile to see how things go. I noticed today July 29th that the upgrade icon in my taskbar disappeared. So when I decide to upgrade will I need to go to Windows Update or Windows Store ? 9424
  6. what happens after 29 July

what happens after 29 July: What happens after 29 July 2016 if you have to (or just want to) reformat a machine that either had windows 8 preinstalled (the case with my laptop) or had an OEM windows 7 home premium disc (my desktop). Out of curiosity could I reformat and revert to windows 7 on the...
  7. Free Upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile Will Continue Past July 29

in Windows 10 News
    Free Upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile Will Continue Past July 29: After I asked about whether the free upgrade for Windows 10 Mobile would end on July 29 as it is for Windows 10 for PCs, Microsoft’s Dona Sarkar clarified the firm’s evolving strategy: The Windows 10 Mobile upgrade will now continue to be free past the end of the month....
  8. What happens to those free Windows 10 upgrades after July 29, 2016?

in Windows 10 News
    What happens to those free Windows 10 upgrades after July 29, 2016?: sdfsdfasdf [This article has been significantly revised and updated since its original publication. in January 2016] Microsoft's ambitious plan to get Windows 10 running on a billion devices within the next few years depends to a large extent on the success of its...
  9. Question about after an upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about after an upgrade: Hi, after upgrading 8.1 to win 10 Home, i have a "Windows.old" directory. can i safely delete it seeing as i have no plans of downgrading it back to 8.1. Thank You in advance if you answer *Smile 45487
  10. Question About Free Upgrade To Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Question About Free Upgrade To Win10: I am confused about the one year free upgrade. Is it free as in upgrade for a year and it is yours to have forever? Or is it free for one year and then you have to pay even though you already upgraded? 5215