Windows 10: Future upgrades to Windows 10

Discus and support Future upgrades to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I just updated my Windows 10 and as part of the upgrade I had to get a phone call with a code that was sent to my landline phone. I then entered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobSchroeder1, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Future upgrades to Windows 10

Hi,

I just updated my Windows 10 and as part of the upgrade I had to get a phone call with a code that was sent to my landline phone. I then entered the code into the computer and Widows let me on. As I went through this process this time I think I saw a note that in the future you will only be able to get these codes via SMS or email.

The thing is my only internet-connected device is my computer. I can't receive SMS as I only have a landline, nor can I receive an email as I cannot get beyond the Windows logon sreen to get to a browswer to see my email.

How will I be able to get a secret code message with these limitations in the future? Or will I have to purchase a different kind of computer with a different system?

Thanks - Bob

:)

BobSchroeder1, Aug 29, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Future upgrades to Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Future upgrades to Windows 10

1. Future upgrades to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Future upgrades

2. I want to upgrade my motherboard and CPU in the near future. Would I have to reinstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to upgrade my motherboard and CPU in the near future. Would I have to reinstall...: I have an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X CPU and an Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING Motherboard. I am considering upgrading to a Ryzen 9 7950X3D, which uses the AM5 socket instead of the AM4, necessitating a motherboard change.If I were to change the motherboard, CPU, and RAM, but not the...
  3. I want to upgrade my motherboard and CPU in the near future. Would I have to reinstall...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to upgrade my motherboard and CPU in the near future. Would I have to reinstall...: I have an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X CPU and an Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING Motherboard. I am considering upgrading to a Ryzen 9 7950X3D, which uses the AM5 socket instead of the AM4, necessitating a motherboard change.If I were to change the motherboard, CPU, and RAM, but not the...
  4. If I upgrade Home to Pro through store, will the key I get allow me to install in future...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I upgrade Home to Pro through store, will the key I get allow me to install in future...: Or do I always need to install home first for using the upgrade key? submitted by /u/reach4thelaser5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/pxje81/if_i_upgrade_home_to_pro_through_store_will_the/
  5. Free win 10 upgrade in the future?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free win 10 upgrade in the future?: I have a PC with Windows7 and would like upgrade to Win 10. Will Microsoft offer free Win 10 upgrade in the future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-win-10-upgrade-in-the-future/b66abe36-cadd-42f5-89c6-2f3152a74a9b
  6. Windows 10 upgrade - if I have future issues or need to reinstall?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 upgrade - if I have future issues or need to reinstall?: I finally made the leap from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Gulp! I have two window 7 computers and upgraded them both to windows 10 (doing it online). My questions are related to future issues (I have no doubt I will eventually have issues at some time) and how to handle them....
  7. Future Video card upgrade options

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Future Video card upgrade options: Hi All Asus M32BC-01 AMD FX 8310 8 Core Processor 8gb of ram currently Radeon R7 240 Video card Thinking of getting some R9 video card in the future, I know i'll have to upgrade the power supply first though, as this 300 watt power supply won't cut it, Is it...
  8. future questions about getting a free upgrade after 29 July

future questions about getting a free upgrade after 29 July: As far as I know, the free upgrade to 10 is going away in a few hours. I speculate that there will be at least a few posts asking how to get the free upgrade after the offer's expiration. (That may include some who do an upgrade through means other than Windows Update,...
  9. w10pro upgraded, roll backto 7pro, install w10 on new ssd at a future

w10pro upgraded, roll backto 7pro, install w10 on new ssd at a future: AMD 8 core 64 bit system I built. 1. installed free, w10pro upgrade. 2. made a disk image and repair cd. 3. can I now roll back to w7 64pro. and still keep an option to latter do and clean & fresh w10pro install to a new ssd. (will my digital verification still be...
  10. Preparing for a Future Free Upgrade

Preparing for a Future Free Upgrade: 100 days from today, the free upgrade off ends. If I were to install a free copy of 10 onto a thumb drive (or DVD), and then buy a used 7 or 8 laptop after the free upgrade offer expires, could I install 10 for free from the thumb drive? 47869