Windows 10: Future Windows 10 Versions for Limited Storage PCs

Discus and support Future Windows 10 Versions for Limited Storage PCs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since it seems that Microsoft's eventual plans for Windows 10 is to require greater system storage minimums than in the past, does anyone know if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Basic PC User, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Future Windows 10 Versions for Limited Storage PCs

Since it seems that Microsoft's eventual plans for Windows 10 is to require greater system storage minimums than in the past, does anyone know if Microsoft has given any consideration to allowing users to supplement their small built-in storage drives by using USB flash drives?

As an example, I use Windows 10 Home on a newish HP laptop with a 64-bit processor (Intel Celeron N3060 1.60 GHz) and 4 GB of installed random access memory which, if needed, can be replaced with up to 8GB (only 1 RAM slot). So far, so good. The built-in storage drive, however, is a 32 GB eMMC (solid state) model which, according to HP, is the maximum my PC can use. So upgrading that appears to not be an option. If Windows 10 could access a USB flash drive as needed for additional system storage, I could put a small one (like Sandisk's Ultra Fit 3.1 USB drive, which can be obtained in storage sizes from 16 GB to 256 GB) in a USB port and just leave it there. That seems a simple solution to me, but I freely confess that my computer knowledge is limited.

Thanks in advance for any comments and information you folks may have!

:)

Basic PC User, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2019
  3. garden54 Win User
    WINDOWS 10 UPDATES WITH LIMITED LAPTOP STORAGE

I have a Laptop with limited storage and cannot download the latest Windows 10 upgrade after cleaning out as much as possible I have been told I can somehow format the microSD 32gb card that is in
    the laptop and THEN download the Windows 10 newest version. Anyone have the steps to get this accomplished?

garden54, Jun 13, 2019
  4. DaveR234 Win User

Future Windows 10 Versions for Limited Storage PCs

"You've reached the storage limit on your phone. Go free...." How?

Just got a HTC Surround from ATT. Signed in to xbox live app, tried to do something and says" You've reached your storage limit." There is no place to go manage storage or delete anything. I get a similar message in other apps.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks,

DaveR234, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Future Windows 10 Versions for Limited Storage PCs

1. Future Windows 10 Versions for Limited Storage PCs - Similar Threads - Future Versions Limited

2. ISO storage limits

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ISO storage limits: I've been trying to copy modified files into my windows 11 ISO, but it says I don't have enough space to copy. I've looked as hard as I could on the internet, but I can't find how to increase storage limits on ISO files. Help would be much appreciated....
  3. ISO storage limits

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ISO storage limits: I've been trying to copy modified files into my windows 11 ISO, but it says I don't have enough space to copy. I've looked as hard as I could on the internet, but I can't find how to increase storage limits on ISO files. Help would be much appreciated....
  4. ISO storage limits

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. external storage limits

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    external storage limits: I recently bought a 128 GB SD card, and I wanted to download Forza horizon 4, which is about 85-90 GB. but when I download it, it stops at 59.1 GB. anyone know how to install the full game? submitted by /u/burr-gurr-and-frie [link] [comments]...
  6. Storage limit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage limit: I dont understand why my laptop has a limit of 29.1GB...Thats the size of a phones storage. I even have game limits. Im using a stream 11 and i have updated everything but my storage is still the same. Wasn't it supposed to give me 3GB more? Someone please help me...
  7. Here’s what’s coming in future versions of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s what’s coming in future versions of Windows 10: Windows 10 May 2020 Update was recently released to consumers, but unlike some previous feature updates, version 2004 doesn’t introduce a bunch of major features. It does include several useful tweaks to the operating system, such as the option to move Cortana window, reset...
  8. A closer look at dual-screen Windows 10 devices, the future of PCs

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at dual-screen Windows 10 devices, the future of PCs: Microsoft, Intel, Asus and the other PCs makers have started picturing dual-screen Ultrabooks, with both sides of the laptop-tablet now sporting LED screens. It looks like the dual-screen setup may not be just for phones and pocketable devices as the laptops will join the...
  9. Requesting support of SecDrv in future Windows 10 versions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Requesting support of SecDrv in future Windows 10 versions?: Event ID 7000 The SecDrv service failed to start due to the following error: This driver has been blocked from loading ​This is the error me and other people have been getting when we try to start Age of Mythology on Windows 10. Currently, Windows 10 doesn't support...
  10. Future version of Windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Future version of Windows?: I have read many confusing things about the future of Windows. Windows 10 should be the latest version of Windows, with no Windows 11. On the other hand, Microsoft announces the end of mainstream support for Windows 10 for October 13, 2020 and the end of extended support for...