Windows 10: Fuzzy and smeary screen with a scrolling horizontal line

Discus and support Fuzzy and smeary screen with a scrolling horizontal line in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OS: Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2 64-bitHello, I'm having trouble with the screen on my Lenovo L14 Gen 2 being hazy and distorted when I open various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlvinKo1988, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Fuzzy and smeary screen with a scrolling horizontal line

OS: Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2 64-bitHello, I'm having trouble with the screen on my Lenovo L14 Gen 2 being hazy and distorted when I open various applications, especially when scrolling or making a video call. Even after trying to remove all monitors and display drivers, including the hidden ones, the problem still exists. Screen refresh rate and display resolutions are set to default. If connected to external display, the duplicate screen mode on the second monitor produces the same results. However, if you merely project to the second screen, that won't be a problem. I created a Windows To

:)

AlvinKo1988, Sep 10, 2022
  2. Berton Win User

Horizontal Scroll Jump

Agreed, have seen in the List Mode that the focus moves the view left to right or back depending on where the click occurred. The other Modes are straight-away lists of Folder then files with the vertical scroll bar, no horizontal scroll bar.

Berton, Sep 10, 2022
  3. andrewsmc Win User
    Fuzzy horizontal lines after overclock.

So as I am trying to overclock my CPU and I will get fuzzy horizontal lines when booting into windows. Is there a simple fix to this, or is it just trial and error? I have tried just about everything to my knowledge and cant seem to find a setting/adjustment to fix it. I have tried adjusting all kinds of voltages and settings. System specs are to the left. *Toast :toast:Thanks!

Edit: I am also using onboard video for right now.

andrewsmc, Sep 10, 2022
  4. tvarin Win User

Fuzzy and smeary screen with a scrolling horizontal line

Lost Horizontal Scroll after Creators Update in OneNote 2016 Only

I'm part of the IT team for a medical college. All of our students have i5 Surface Books. They're slowly getting the Creators update.

We now have 2 students that have mysteriously lost the ability to scroll horizontally in OneNote 2016. This is the 2-finger track pad scroll gesture. They can scroll vertically just fine. They both report no issue before the update.

What I've tested:

• Other user on another computer with the Creators update can scroll horizontally.
    • Admin (other) user account on same computer cannot scroll horizontally.
    • Repairing the Office 2016 install does not fix the issue.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the Office 2016 install does not fix the issue.
    • All other Office apps (Word, Excel, etc.) allow for horizontal scroll.
    • Other user on another computer without the Creators update can scroll horizontally.
    • Toyed with Track pad settings in Windows such as disabling and re-enabling scrolling in general.
    • Rebooted the machine (always have to mention that Fuzzy and smeary screen with a scrolling horizontal line :) )
    • Tried a new notebook in OneNote 2016.

Anyways, if you guys can suggest anything else or other forums I can investigate at, let me know. It's not a huge priority issue. They can scroll horizontally using the touch screen itself, but if this starts happening to a lot of them it could become more of an issue.

I'm thinking maybe it's time to dive into Device Manager, but since it works in other programs, I don't see how it would help. I thought maybe AppData files could be causing this, but the local Admin account had the same issues.

Thank you in advance!

tvarin, Sep 10, 2022
Thema:

Fuzzy and smeary screen with a scrolling horizontal line

1. Fuzzy and smeary screen with a scrolling horizontal line - Similar Threads - Fuzzy smeary screen

2. Unusual Horizontal line on screen!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unusual Horizontal line on screen!: A little bit of background:Suddenly, I was facing some issues with screen flickering and all in Windows10Updated the driversSet the refresh rateI then updated it to Windows 11The issue was somewhat resolved after changing the refresh rate and allBut I am witnessing this line,...
  3. Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen

Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen: I've been having an issue where multiple big lines appear on my screen and flicker randomly when I move my laptop around. I'm on a Lenovo Yoga laptop, running Windows 10. How can I fix this?...
  4. Fuzzy and smeary screen with a scrolling horizontal line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fuzzy and smeary screen with a scrolling horizontal line: OS: Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2 64-bitHello, I'm having trouble with the screen on my Lenovo L14 Gen 2 being hazy and distorted when I open various applications, especially when scrolling or making a video call. Even after trying to remove all monitors and display drivers,...
  5. Fuzzy and smeary screen with a scrolling horizontal line

Fuzzy and smeary screen with a scrolling horizontal line: OS: Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2 64-bitHello, I'm having trouble with the screen on my Lenovo L14 Gen 2 being hazy and distorted when I open various applications, especially when scrolling or making a video call. Even after trying to remove all monitors and display drivers,...
  6. Horizontal line on screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horizontal line on screen: Recently when watching a video, the bottom half of the screen froze and the upper half continued as it normally would. After , some time instead of the bottom half freezing, it appeared darker and a little glitchy when compared to the upper half of the screen. That too went...
  7. Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen

Grey Horizontal Lines on Screen: I've been having an issue where there are multiple grey lines appearing on my monitor. I tried to fix this by updating all of my graphics drivers, restarting my computer, and even changing the Display Port cable, to no avail. The lines are less noticeable in browser windows....
  8. Green horizontal line on the screen

Green horizontal line on the screen: I was connecting my laptop to a Smart TV Screen when a horizontal green line appeared on my laptop screen. No prior accident in my laptop happened. Can I troubleshoot anything on my laptop before I resort to screen replacement?...
  9. horizontal red lines on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    horizontal red lines on screen: so I just started up my computer and my screen has horizontal red lines on it that are flickering they only show when i start up windows 10 and im on my screen where you see apps and stuff but when im on my load up screen they are not there i don't know how to fix...
  10. Horizontal scrolling on the START screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Horizontal scrolling on the START screen: I really like windows 8.1 and organized my icons into groups across the START screen. (In order of diminishing importance to me). I can easily swap between the desktop and START with the Windows key so everything is easy to find and to use. When Win 10 was released I took the...