Windows 10: FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC

Discus and support FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; We had a cumulative update Tuesday. Another one just popped up because of some worm thing -- Cumulative update fixes bug that left systems vulnerable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by The Pool Man, Mar 22, 2020.

1. FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC

We had a cumulative update Tuesday. Another one just popped up because of some worm thing --

Cumulative update fixes bug that left systems vulnerable to a wormable attack | Windows Central

I run an SFC after each update on all of my 4 PCs. This update triggered a CBS.log error. Ran a DISM --

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

The second SFC then worked. I'll update if this was just one PC or all of them.

:)

The Pool Man, Mar 22, 2020

2. FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC

SFC failed on both PCs, suspect the KB4551762 update, is a bad update.

Things were OK on "patch Tuesday", but Microsoft suddenly rolled out what I suspect is an out-of-band update on March 12, 2020.

RJARRRPCGP, Mar 22, 2020
  3. FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC

Two for two PCs. It's a thing.

UPDATE -- 3rd PC was okay. SFC came out fine.

2ND UPDATE -- 4th PC with SFC error. So 3 out of 4 failed SFC.

4. FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC

Thema:

FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC

1. FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC - Similar Threads - FYI Cumulative Update

2. Cumulative updates failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative updates failing: Two different CU's now failing at 94% install. Have run DISM, SFC, Windows Update troubleshooter, checked Services, etc. Luckily MS reports Something Didn't go as Planned and after a number of restarts has the machine working again. Question, does downloading the Cumulative...
  3. Cumulative Update Failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cumulative Update Failing: We have a few computers failing to update with Windows 11 cumulative updates. The troublehsooter, Windows repairs and other things have not fixed the issue. I can obviously replace the machine, wipe the problem machine and start fresh but I wanted to know if anyone had found...
  4. Cumulative updates failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative updates failed: Update failed error 0x80240034. This is consistent error and failure to Windows 10. It will fix for a month then next month you will not be able to update again. This Windows devices has a lot of improvements that needs to take specially updating their system. How can I fix...
  5. Cumulative updates failed

Cumulative updates failed: Update failed error 0x80240034. This is consistent error and failure to Windows 10. It will fix for a month then next month you will not be able to update again. This Windows devices has a lot of improvements that needs to take specially updating their system. How can I fix...
  6. Cumulative updates failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Failed cumulative update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed cumulative update: My other laptop has been trying for a couple of weeks to install update KB5012599 but fails every time with error code 0X8ooF081F. We have tried a number of things to get it to install e.g. checking enough space, troubleshooting on settings, downloading the update from...
  8. Failed cumulative update

Failed cumulative update: My other laptop has been trying for a couple of weeks to install update KB5012599 but fails every time with error code 0X8ooF081F. We have tried a number of things to get it to install e.g. checking enough space, troubleshooting on settings, downloading the update from...
  9. FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC

in Windows 10 Support
    FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC: We had a cumulative update Tuesday. Another one just popped up because of some worm thing -- Cumulative update fixes bug that left systems vulnerable to a wormable attack | Windows Central I run an SFC after each update on all of my 4 PCs. This update triggered a CBS.log...
  10. fyi -- Windows Update from 9/12/2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fyi -- Windows Update from 9/12/2018: Just installed updates kb4457128 kb4456655 kb4457146 on one of my computers, the updates seemed to work OK and have no side effects. on another computer, could not open any app as administrator -- could hear the window pop up asking for permission, but no window was...